Chapter 7: Distress Call from the Closet

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

Re: Chapter 7: Distress Call from the Closet

Post by thorondraco » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:33 am

lavendersiren wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:20 am
thorondraco wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:28 am
Or another figure entirely. Did you see the pesterquest finale?
Admittedly I haven't delved first-hand into any of the pesterquest content, but I have skimmed some of the spoilers.
Now that you bring that up, it does seem likely, though perhaps a little out of left-field for those who haven't played pesterquest.
yea.

but i would imagine t his IS Deliberate. they literally link the damn page that makes the statements on the timeline.

so far the only actual issue is the lack of divorce and an accelerated timeline. and the lack of divorce is because things haven't been a week already. things have accelerated.
is it because of brainghost dirk? He is telling jake to do things to accelerate things.

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope
Moon: Derse

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:32 am

Karkat shouldn't be evolving into Ultimate Self because he never reached God Tier in the first place.
Unless that's just a mistake in understanding on Dirk's part, since he was narrating when that point was discussed.

Excited for Candy Karkat and Meenah to show up, but like goddamn,
just show us their faces already.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

Kidpen
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by Kidpen » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:57 am

Hmm. For a while I was thinking it was pretty clear that the differences were because of the MSPAR, but then I realized that doesn't make sense considering how PQ actually ended. I'm not sure what's the deal there.
the epilogues were good.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:26 am

I dont care about Vriska. I dont care about Vrissy. I dont care about Meenah. I dont care about Punished Karkat. I dont care about Harry. I dont care about Harry's room. I only care about one thing.

JOHN

IS

FUCKING

HAPPY
:rosecool:

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:33 am

Kidpen wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:57 am
Hmm. For a while I was thinking it was pretty clear that the differences were because of the MSPAR, but then I realized that doesn't make sense considering how PQ actually ended. I'm not sure what's the deal there.
if i remember right.
dirk did snatch up a little dirk for himself in the bad end timeline and in that timeline that dave was sent back to candy. in the good end that timeline had candy dave stay there.

effectively a timeline split like whenever you have doomed and alpha timelines. that is how most alternate selves exist.... With the powers of the narrative and retcon you can literally snatch up anyone you want from a doomed timeline, and make their existence' canon', even if you have multiples. Dirk tried to do that with younger jade in the epilogues.

but the most that would do is create a extra sad dave.....

then again the reader either merged with or assimilated some of the green sun, which was swallowed by the black hole. even if he didn't become the sun, he would get sucked into the black hole when paradox space collapsed, perhaps even anticipated it. he easily could be in candy somewhere.

Goddamn this series and its ability to be so fucking confusing!!!

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:39 am

Shitpost Lizard wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:32 am
Karkat shouldn't be evolving into Ultimate Self because he never reached God Tier in the first place.
Unless that's just a mistake in understanding on Dirk's part, since he was narrating when that point was discussed.

Excited for Candy Karkat and Meenah to show up, but like goddamn,
just show us their faces already.
The question is how god tiering even works. We know it needs a dead version of you and a bed. Questing if you ahve a living dream self, sacrafice is either fversion of you are dead. So is it possible to god tiered without a bed? Is the bed even important at all or just an artificial limitation?
If we apply the ultimate self logic, god tiering is merging two 'splinters' together. god tiering i guess makes one more open to that knowledge from the other selves, but is it necessary?

There are probably countless dead karakts around, including the very karkat that shooshpapped gamzee.

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:41 am

thorondraco wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:39 am
The question is how god tiering even works. We know it needs a dead version of you and a bed. Questing if you ahve a living dream self, sacrafice is either fversion of you are dead. So is it possible to god tiered without a bed? Is the bed even important at all or just an artificial limitation?
If we apply the ultimate self logic, god tiering is merging two 'splinters' together. god tiering i guess makes one more open to that knowledge from the other selves, but is it necessary?

There are probably countless dead karakts around, including the very karkat that shooshpapped gamzee.
Considering that God Tiering seems to specifically be a component of the game, I only assume that the construct needed to ascend in the game (the Quest Bed) would be absolutely required.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:57 am

REalized that there is another bit of weirdness. ohn still has his phone even though vriska stole it. This is getting weird.

Though it is possible he had multiple phones and they just goinked the phone he used to communicate with Terezi.... eh simple explanation. he got another phone cause using the old one was too painful cause he thought terezi was dead. kept the phone though and always wore it on him in vain hope she would call someday.

Still it is getting pretty damn weird. These guys are normally good with the continuity. They were throughout the pesterquest stuff. Oddity here or there but it awas always in the visuals department, never the story stuff.

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:48 am

so are you guys now noticing that this isnt actually candy? did no one notice vriska's eye? i thought that alone was a good giveaway

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:51 pm

I'm seeing a lot of references to PQ being plot relevant to Homestuck2 now. Do I actually have to play that trash to understand what's going on now? Like I know I can just get the spoilers online without playing it but even if the game is bad that seems like a bad way of receiving story information, I'd still prefer to see it myself.

So that said do I have to go through PESTERQUEST? I couldn't even make it through the first couple chapters of Friendsim. And will I need Friendsim to understand Pesterquest too? From what I've gathered MSPAR's journey so far is like other mspaintadventures -> Homestuck -> Friendsim -> Pesterquest -> Homestuck^2? Is this right?

This is on topic to this thread bc I'm only asking because of its relation to HS^2 and whether or not I should play it to continue better understanding HS^2.
Spoiler
Show
Nvm friendsim is actually pretty funny while drunk.
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:05 pm

luigi wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:51 pm
I'm seeing a lot of references to PQ being plot relevant to Homestuck2 now. Do I actually have to play that trash to understand what's going on now? Like I know I can just get the spoilers online without playing it but even if the game is bad that seems like a bad way of receiving story information, I'd still prefer to see it myself.

So that said do I have to go through PESTERQUEST? I couldn't even make it through the first couple chapters of Friendsim. And will I need Friendsim to understand Pesterquest too? From what I've gathered MSPAR's journey so far is like other mspaintadventures -> Homestuck -> Friendsim -> Pesterquest -> Homestuck^2? Is this right?

This is on topic to this thread bc I'm only asking because of its relation to HS^2 and whether or not I should play it to continue better understanding HS^2.
Spoiler
Show
who the fuck said pesterquest is in anyway relevant to h^2? its not. wtf

luigi

Post by luigi » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:07 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:05 pm
luigi wrote:

Spoiler
Show
That's what I've been gathering from this thread. There are people saying omg this isn't candy have you seen PQ the Reader must have changed something!!!

And stuff to that effect. The impression I've gathered is that something happens at the end of PQ that explains HS^2's writing mistakes as not being actual mistakes but all intentional.

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:55 pm

luigi wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:07 pm
pene

what happened in pq is that the reader made the pq timeline a locked timeline. completely unconnected to the alpha or meat/candy.

Kidpen
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by Kidpen » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:02 pm

I'm fairly sure at this point it will become relevant as soon as we move back to ult dirk. That being said, you'll understand everything you need to in relation to HS^2 if you just watch Dirk's route. Personally I've watched the whole thing with a no commentary playthrough on the channel MiscEris, so I'd recommend skipping to Dirk's there if you don't want to watch everything. You can even turn it on 2 times speed and skip past the crap at the beginning of you want.
the epilogues were good.

luigi

Post by luigi » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:12 pm

Well I've been going through Friendsim at a pretty fast pace, with alcohol and people to make jokes with its actually pretty fun so I think I might try and get through PQ with that method.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:13 pm

luigi wrote:
Generalrabogolfo wrote:
luigi wrote:

Spoiler
Show
That's what I've been gathering from this thread. There are people saying omg this isn't candy have you seen PQ the Reader must have changed something!!!

And stuff to that effect. The impression I've gathered is that something happens at the end of PQ that explains HS^2's writing mistakes as not being actual mistakes but all intentional.
The amount of odd inconsistencies to Candy, and candy alone, makes it feel as if something has changed. This is homestuck and the writers are competent enough to look into things, not ot mention hussie advises things too, so it seems like these are deliberate. Litreally linking the epilogue chapter referenced, which shows the messed up timeline.

If not it is an extremely unusual occurrence. Not even incompetence, they ahve proven they are competent, but like they suddenly all took drugs.

Though now that i think about it there were inconsistencies going on in Candy already. People remembering things wrong. Rose, roxie, callie and others not remembering their whole canon discussion. I don't remember if anyone had odd memories though.....

Its just all around weird and seems inconsistent with how they have written things before.... With pesterquest they had some inconsistencies but they were visual in nature and was more the artists making a mistake or two. Though i imagine some of them were intentional considering other routes. The epilogues were consistent largely so why isn't candy right now?

Is it incompetence? Is it deliberate? It has sign of deliberate but are they actually all on drugs?

luigi

Post by luigi » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:37 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:13 pm
luigi wrote:
Generalrabogolfo wrote:

The amount of odd inconsistencies to Candy, and candy alone, makes it feel as if something has changed. This is homestuck and the writers are competent enough to look into things, not ot mention hussie advises things too, so it seems like these are deliberate. Litreally linking the epilogue chapter referenced, which shows the messed up timeline.

If not it is an extremely unusual occurrence. Not even incompetence, they ahve proven they are competent, but like they suddenly all took drugs.

Though now that i think about it there were inconsistencies going on in Candy already. People remembering things wrong. Rose, roxie, callie and others not remembering their whole canon discussion. I don't remember if anyone had odd memories though.....

Its just all around weird and seems inconsistent with how they have written things before.... With pesterquest they had some inconsistencies but they were visual in nature and was more the artists making a mistake or two. Though i imagine some of them were intentional considering other routes. The epilogues were consistent largely so why isn't candy right now?

Is it incompetence? Is it deliberate? It has sign of deliberate but are they actually all on drugs?
I'm HOPING that all these inconsistencies are deliberate because I'm an idiot who has sold her soul to Homestuck and WANTS to believe the team knows what they're doing but the more realistic side of me is worried they just don't know what they're doing and Hussie's outline wasn't specific enough for them to not make these kinds of mistakes.

If it is intentional then that's pretty genius considering this arc of the story is based on the meta being... like really weird. If it's not intentional then there's still time to make new updates claiming this was the plan all along and we'd be none the wiser. Hussie used to do that all the time. As long as the story is (relatively) coherent and well-written when all is said and done it doesn't matter right. Like if these are all just writing mistakes, but they fix them with meta plot stuff, I won't be upset. But if they are mistakes and they're too lazy to fix them then... idk rip Homestuck for the 7th or 8th time I guess.

foreverFlummoxed
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light
Moon: Prospit

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:40 pm

So how 'bout that Canon/timeline(s) huh?

who knew Homestuck was so complicated :rorb:
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

luigi

Post by luigi » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:44 pm

As a lifetime Zelda fan (arguably more so than Homestuck) I gotta say, this is the best thing I've ever seen.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:35 pm

luigi wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:37 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:13 pm
luigi wrote:

I'm HOPING that all these inconsistencies are deliberate because I'm an idiot who has sold her soul to Homestuck and WANTS to believe the team knows what they're doing but the more realistic side of me is worried they just don't know what they're doing and Hussie's outline wasn't specific enough for them to not make these kinds of mistakes.

If it is intentional then that's pretty genius considering this arc of the story is based on the meta being... like really weird. If it's not intentional then there's still time to make new updates claiming this was the plan all along and we'd be none the wiser. Hussie used to do that all the time. As long as the story is (relatively) coherent and well-written when all is said and done it doesn't matter right. Like if these are all just writing mistakes, but they fix them with meta plot stuff, I won't be upset. But if they are mistakes and they're too lazy to fix them then... idk rip Homestuck for the 7th or 8th time I guess.
I was just remidned of something. The patreon 20 dollar tier lets you see commentary. And in the commentary they actually said the divorce inconsistency was in fact deliberate.
That or it was simply a mistake but they got hyper inspired by it/hussie did and they said it was deliberate.

So if the first inconsistency is deliberate the rest might be deliberate as well. And they are getting more blatant with it ot show something is amiss.