Brynjolf, VIKING LAD EXTRAORDINAIRE!

Create or play along with forum-based, fan-made, play-by-post adventures here!
23toedbasket

Re: Brynjolf, VIKING LAD EXTRAORDINAIRE!

Post by 23toedbasket » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:30 pm

Come on Sammy! Let's go find some further plot developments!

Start adventuring

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:14 pm

23toedbasket wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:30 pm
Come on Sammy! Let's go find some further plot developments!

Start adventuring
you take your friend Sammy and head off into the woods in search of plot development. "head off" Ha Ha, Sammy would like that one.
you walk through the woods with Sammy, you never noticed what a good listener he was until now, no reciprocation though. after a while of walking you see a small hut off in the distance. it immediately strikes you as strange because there is no light coming from it, but you can see from the smoking chimney, there is clearly a fire inside. you are also very tired from the POTENT FUCKING VIKING RAGE and a day of killin.

23toedbasket

Post by 23toedbasket » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:21 pm

>Well looks like it's time to barge in and find a bed to sleep with no regard for opinions the building's occupants!
>I.e. engage in viking stuff and if people dont like itshow them your murder face

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:23 pm

23toedbasket wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:21 pm
>Well looks like it's time to barge in and find a bed to sleep with no regard for opinions the building's occupants!
>I.e. engage in viking stuff and if people dont like itshow them your murder face
the door is clearly wide open so when you try to barge in, you just sort of stumble across the threshold. once in side you notice the room is actually quite well lit, there is a roaring fire in the hearth, 2 chairs placed nearby. a bookshelf with lots of books and, Put blugs? strangest of all there is a man dressed in purple robes with some kind of blue, rock on a stick? anyway he seems to be talking to you but you are too tired for that shit. something about your name, and Bryn? that sounds familiar, strange that he knows so much about you. whatever time for bed there is a good looking one in the corner over there.
you walk towards the bed and the old man says something loud enough you cant help but hear,
"if you would be so kind as to take a bath first, you see you are covered in blood and that is my only bed"
fuck it, thats not your problem, you think to yourself. you gotta get your beauty sleep!
you sit down on the bed with Sammy spear man, its much too short, as you lay down you hear the strange old man shuffle over towards the fire and say
"alright young one we will speak once you are rested"
then some mumbling about "now i have to do laundry" or whatever.
you are exhausted you fall asleep before your head hits the pillow...

23toedbasket

Post by 23toedbasket » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:38 pm

>engage intense dream sequence

RancidRancor
Pronouns: n/a

Post by RancidRancor » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:57 am

>Wake up rested, and totally calm no matter what happen in the dream *yawn* :pleasant:

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:27 pm

23toedbasket wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:38 pm
>engage intense dream sequence
suddenly the whole world melts away, and you are floating through a swirling abyss, you can see the strange old man in the distance? or is he right next to you? he starts to talk and you can hear him as if he is whispering in your ear but his lips dont move and he is still, far? close?
"Hello friend," he says, "i have for you a task and a gift, we shall start with the former. in this world there is a castle" (a castle appears off in the distance) "all i ask, is that you take this stone, infiltrate the castle, and hide it within the keep. i have been watching you for some time now, i believe you are more than capable of completing this small task."
RancidRancor wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:57 am
>Wake up rested, and totally calm no matter what happen in the dream *yawn* :pleasant:
when you awake, the first thing you notice is that Sammy is gone! but its okay, just be calm. you defiantly didn't have a dream about this creepy old guy. the second thing you notice is that all the blood has been cleaned off of you and your sword. whatever this is all totally normal. the third thing you notice is that the rock from that dream sits in your pocket. thats okay you are calm, you are composed. from the other end of the room, the strange old man says "and now for your gift!" thats weird, are you still dreaming? "please approach the bookshelf and gaze upon the third shelf from the bottom, you have a choice of ONE of the things on that shelf, whatever you choose will aid you in completing your task. HOW DOSE HE KNOW ABOUT YOUR TASK!? (compose yourself dammit)
on the shelf are the following items:
1 Helmet.
1 Head of hair.

RancidRancor

Post by RancidRancor » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:39 pm

>the helmet obviously

23toedbasket

Post by 23toedbasket » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:42 pm

>no FUCK THAT TAKE THE HAIR

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:12 pm

RancidRancor wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:39 pm
>the helmet obviously
23toedbasket wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:42 pm
>no FUCK THAT TAKE THE HAIR
well clearly the helmet is the option for you, you lost your old one and need head protection. wait a minute where did that head of hair go?
whatever this house has been a weird experience, you realize you haven't asked the strange old man his name yet. you are about to ask, but before you have a chance he says, "my name is Merlin, Narrator." how did he know? also, who the hell is names Merlin Narrator, thats fucked.
you decide to ask one more question, "Merlin, where will i find this castle?"
"Pick a direction, and walk, it will find you" says Merlin. you are hard pressed to find a stranger interaction than the one you have had with this "Merlin" character but he seems to know some shit, maybe you will look for the castle. with that you leave Merlin's house to start on your quest!

23toedbasket

Post by 23toedbasket » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:16 pm

Sing a jolly tune whilst on your travels
Becomeenraged if someone interrupts your beautiful ballad

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:49 pm

>Merlin: Can I have a self insert too?
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:02 pm

luigi wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:49 pm
Merlin feels a gust of wind in the ether, redirects it away from his universe... for now.

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:03 pm

Merlin wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:02 pm
luigi wrote:
Merlin feels a gust of wind in the ether, shrugs it off... for now.

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:03 pm

Merlin wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:03 pm
Merlin wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:02 pm
luigi wrote:
Merlin feels a gust of wind in the ether, and shrugs it off... for now.

RancidRancor

Post by RancidRancor » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:37 pm

>next thing you going to bump into on ur quest: be somehow related to a demonic subplot

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:10 pm

23toedbasket wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:16 pm
Sing a jolly tune whilst on your travels
Becomeenraged if someone interrupts your beautiful ballad
RancidRancor wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:37 pm
>next thing you going to bump into on ur quest: be somehow related to a demonic subplot
as you cross the threshold of Merlin's house you take a look back and the house is gone. alright this is truly he least fancy thing that has ever happened to you on a raid. oh well, you have a job to do and damn it you're gonna enjoy it as you walk you sing your favorite viking song about battles, rape, pillaging, and going to Valhalla, all the viking songs are about that but this one is your favorite.
as you are waling through the woods, suddenly an enemy from some sort of "demonic subplot" that you are unaware of, drops out of a tree and stands in your path, how uncivilized. you are startled and immediately become enraged.

Brynjolf, is in control.

the daemon attacks, you leap back narrowly missing the first blade, you dodge back in and duck the second, parry his last blade. theirs a spear coming at you, you laugh in the daemons face and scream "I WELCOME A BLOODY DEATH!" (Bryn: what is wrong with you? who would laugh at their own massacre?) . out of nowhere your hair shoots down from your head and redirects the spear under your arm. you laugh again, and in one swift movement, you impale the daemon on your sword. Brynjolf takes a moment to revel in the glory of his kill...

23toedbasket

Post by 23toedbasket » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:17 pm

>Brynjolf: cover yourself in warpaint using the Daemon's blood screaming pagan sacraments to your primordial forest gods
>Bryn: pick up dagger and spear

RancidRancor

Post by RancidRancor » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:00 am

>check tha daemon for plot heavy loot or smth to further tha demonic subplot

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:45 pm

>Ignore all further inputs from RancidRancor until he stops pretending he doesn't know how to spell.
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.