Reason why Roxy went Dude in the epilogues. Roxy pesterquest spoilers

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

Reason why Roxy went Dude in the epilogues. Roxy pesterquest spoilers

Post by thorondraco » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:27 pm

Full disclosure this is not me questioning WHY Roxy is nonbinary/transgender in the epilogues. Its me speuclating, given new evidence from pesterquest, why he specifically transitioned and his odd behavior in Hs^2.

Basically when talking with Karkat in Hs^2 Roxy was rather standoffish. Rather than talking about the conflicting feelings Karkat clearly had and whatever similar emotions Roxy may have had, he just kept on bringing up pancakes. Iii found it super odd cause Roxy is normally more empathetic than that, hearing people out proper even if he isn't entirely sure how to respond. It seemed like Roxy here, he wanted to avoid talking at all about feelings.

Then we get the new Pesterquest with Roxy featuring. Super alone with only carapacians to keep her company, she has an extreme emotional reaction to someone simply saying her name. This i feel shows why she seems to always try to be neutral in both Meat and Candy. She was absolutely off the wall to meet real motherfucking people she can talk to, her friends. She would rather ignore the issue if there is a risk she could lose someone by facing it. Even as an adult, maybe even especially cause we had Jane dirked into acting a hitler.
It also shows why she drinks, to suffocate loneliness and grief. She wasn't lonely anymore during her session or on Earth C, in either meat or Candy so she stopped drinking. It also shows why she was so willing to give in during GO, Cause she was separated from everyone.
Roxy REALLY needs people. It may even explain why Mom Lalonde, Roxy's beta self, Drank, cause she was all alone it seemed. She grew up in a damn lab.

Pesterquest also gave us a pretty valid explanation for why Roxy revealed herself to be nonbinary.. though i don't think that is actually accurate. Because Roxy seems to think in a binary fashion. Put simply, Roxy, being a rogue and Voidy, seems to take traits from others to help build her identity. However she is working in a super limited framework. And her latter inspiration seems... yea.
Put simply she built herself originally up from Alpha rose, which she saw as a rolemodel for Femininity. Intelligent, beautiful, refined. Though Roxie emulated them in a rather messy fashion cause she only knew her by hearsay.

But here is the issue. Dirk was his rolemodel for Masculinity. THAT is why he is so standoffish in hs^2. Roxy says he wouldn't take all of Dirk's traits, but didn't know if he wanted to be with dirk or BE dirk. The problem is Dirk's personality has a lot of toxic aspects to them and Roxy, so limited in his experience with dudes and people in general, is very, very likely emulating some of Dirk's worser traits. Its probably kinda why people kept on mistaking him for Dave, who also absorbed some of Dirk's traits.
Its weirdly ironic that Dirk seemed to be super put off by Roxy coming out as nonbinary, when Dirk is part of the reason why Roxy is nonbinary. Though its even more odd can Dirk was already setting up a nonbinary reveal for Calliope there...

This leads me to realize why Roxy, despite being nonbinary, seemed to choose to be Masculine specifically.

Roxy is someone who is rather empathetic to a fault, craves the presence of others, and will devolve into self destructive and or toxic behaviors should she lose the presence of others. And she did. I think she knew about the fact that John, someone whom she had developed amorous feelings for, was unlikely to return. Calliope knew, so Roxy knew, even if no one knew what Roxy was thinking.

And he has kept mum about it. He knows the John is probably gone forever. Even as everyone is hoping to find him alive, Roxy knows he is probably dead. He can't even grieve openly because it would cue everyone else in on the truth. So he chose to become a Boy as he understood boys. Emulating Dirk's standoffish and distant behavior. And probably some toxic ones underneath that.
Being Dirk is Roxy's way of coping with the grief and truly hiding their feelings. A shield.
Roxy needs a much better masculine rolemodel i think. Their old one is defective.

thorondraco

Re: Reason why Roxy went Dude in the epilogues. Roxy pesterquest spoilers

Post by thorondraco » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:42 pm

Also realized that John is more than just boyfriend material for Roxy. John brought her back to everyone she lost.

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:14 am

ROXY: mayb one day a man will make me feel enough like a woman and ill want to wear these

ROXY, on her first date with DAD: Image
only bad takes here

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:43 pm

TH4NK YOU B3N wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:14 am

ROXY: mayb one day a man will make me feel enough like a woman and ill want to wear these

ROXY, on her first date with DAD: Image
Those damn eggberts and their sex appeal to the Strilondes.

ZingDev
Pronouns: Male

Post by ZingDev » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:40 am

thorondraco wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:42 pm
Also realized that John is more than just boyfriend material for Roxy. John brought her back to everyone she lost.
no one told him to do that, he did it on his own.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:18 pm

ZingDev wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:40 am
thorondraco wrote:
Yeahp, it was his choice with even terezi.
Poor Roxy. As a he or she, they probably really miss john.

overThinker
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Seer of Light
Moon: Derse

Post by overThinker » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:19 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:18 pm
ZingDev wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:40 am
thorondraco wrote:
Yeahp, it was his choice with even terezi.
Poor Roxy. As a he or she, they probably really miss john.
maybe some crazy emotional revenge plot will happen with roxy avenging john and sabotaging dirk or something