Homestuck^2 Chapter 5

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Homestuck^2 Chapter 5

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:55 pm

New update featuring the worst sbahj tattoo ive ever seen
how can you fuck that up.png
how can you fuck that up.png (18.9 KiB) Viewed 15095 times
:rosecool:

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 5

Post by luigi » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:10 pm

God Dammit yeah that picture of the tattoo sucks, ironically enough.

I like this update for the most part. I actually like Dirk breaking the fourth wall so blatantly, it makes sense for a Prince of Heart (destroying the narrative.) And everyone who dislikes him breaking the fourth wall seems to have conveniently forgotten... like, all of Homestuck? Scratch spoke to us directly, Caliborn spoke to us directly, Hussie spoke to us directly, and the game itself spoke to the reader on numerous occasions.

I think Rose being like, sexually attracted to Terezi is weird and goes against the whole idea of her being a robot now but then again if I was being uploaded into a robot body I would program the ability to feel sexual pleasure still because sex is awesome so if that's the case then yeah Rose I can sympathize. Terezi gets around though god damn I think she's been with more cast members than any other character. Her list so far is Karkat, Dave, Vriska, John, Rose, Gamzee, and I'm probably forgetting some.

I loved the insight into Rose's childhood. Hearing her childhood thoughts on suicide reminds me of a cute and silly girl I know in real life. I'm not trying to call suicidal thoughts cute but everything cute people do just ends up being cute in some sick way, I don't know if that's just me though.

I was hoping for some more panels but think about it: the beginning was from the perspective of Rose and it was one long informative panel.

Then we switch to Terezi's perspective and suddenly there are no images.

Then we switch back to Dirk and bam, a single homestuck-sized panel.

There's a method to this madness. We all have to stop shouting about how Homestuck is fixed/ruined every other update and just see where it's going.
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:44 pm

call me a john fanboi but the fact that they brought vriska up to terezi BEFORE even acknowledging john's death is making me angry as fuck

PurplePest29
Pronouns: He/him

Post by PurplePest29 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:57 pm

I hope they eventually bring back Lord English so he can be best buds with dirk
Uwuw capitawism :lime:

luigi

Post by luigi » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:07 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:44 pm
call me a john fanboi but the fact that they brought vriska up to terezi BEFORE even acknowledging john's death is making me angry as fuck
Yeah me too. There's been a DEVASTATING LACK OF JOHN in Homestuck^2 so far.

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:09 pm

I think this is the worst update yet.

Last update was insufferable because of too much Dirk. Now we barely get any Dirk, but Rosebot continues the Strilonde tradition of insufferably talking about the fucking narrative, and how much SBURB is "unfeeling" and "cold."

"There were barely any panels this time. This isn't MY Homestuck" god shut up you orange prick.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:12 pm

luigi wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:10 pm
God Dammit yeah that picture of the tattoo sucks, ironically enough.

I like this update for the most part. I actually like Dirk breaking the fourth wall so blatantly, it makes sense for a Prince of Heart (destroying the narrative.) And everyone who dislikes him breaking the fourth wall seems to have conveniently forgotten... like, all of Homestuck? Scratch spoke to us directly, Caliborn spoke to us directly, Hussie spoke to us directly, and the game itself spoke to the reader on numerous occasions.

I think Rose being like, sexually attracted to Terezi is weird and goes against the whole idea of her being a robot now but then again if I was being uploaded into a robot body I would program the ability to feel sexual pleasure still because sex is awesome so if that's the case then yeah Rose I can sympathize. Terezi gets around though god damn I think she's been with more cast members than any other character. Her list so far is Karkat, Dave, Vriska, John, Rose, Gamzee, and I'm probably forgetting some.

I loved the insight into Rose's childhood. Hearing her childhood thoughts on suicide reminds me of a cute and silly girl I know in real life. I'm not trying to call suicidal thoughts cute but everything cute people do just ends up being cute in some sick way, I don't know if that's just me though.

I was hoping for some more panels but think about it: the beginning was from the perspective of Rose and it was one long informative panel.

Then we switch to Terezi's perspective and suddenly there are no images.

Then we switch back to Dirk and bam, a single homestuck-sized panel.

There's a method to this madness. We all have to stop shouting about how Homestuck is fixed/ruined every other update and just see where it's going.
It makes me wonder if part of the reason is because she wants to push Kanaya further away. Basically Rose emulating what Dirk did... Or worse, Dirk is manipulating rose into this. To help complicate Kanaya turning rose against him, and to sooth Terezi's funk so she becomes more compliant. He knows he can't narrate Terezi directly without complicating this.

And yea they are continuing to make funny situations have a more serious edge to them while still being funny. But yea rose continues to have issues with her mother even now.

Also it seems dissolution remains a threat. I think this means that there was, in fact, something else that needed to happen. Another loop that needs to be done but something disrupted it and has forced them to act upon it.

Of course we have to remember, as Dirk implied last chapter, that he is manipulating Rose's visions. He already knew about this planet and forced Rose to think she saw it in her visions. It may be dissolution was not a problem but Dirk is making rose only see that possible future. Its possible this planet would have had a sburb session all its own and they have ursurped it.

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:16 pm

fedcf6d9ef02.gif
fedcf6d9ef02.gif (63.83 KiB) Viewed 15067 times
Everything about this update feels grossly fanficcy. Even more so than the other bits of HS2 and the Epilogues.

I've got nothing against Rose/Terezi as a concept, if literally anything else led up to it, but it's so out of left field for either of their established characters. I feel like someone just wanted to canonize a crack pairing they've been fond of behind the scenes.

Also I'm so tired of Terezi as a character being hyperfocused on Vriska.
What happened to John? What happened to Karkat?
Like let her concern herself with other people (that she has established emotional connections with) too.

Can we go back to making funny creatures through alchemy bastardization now? That was actually a nice return to the fun of the original comic.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

luigi

Post by luigi » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:16 pm

^ Responding to person above the person above me

I think the dissolution either refers to the B2 Frog Temple (HOW THE FUCK DID IT GET TO EARTH????????????????????) or barring that, it just refers to the minds of the Reader. Like, if Homestuck ends and is forgotten by us in the real world, it essentially ceases to exist. Being fiction, it only really exists in the minds of those who engage with it, so Dirk's fears right now are that if he doesn't incite conflict, there will be no story, and thus no canon, and thus- he will dissolve.

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:17 pm

BrobyDDark wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:09 pm
I think this is the worst update yet.

Last update was insufferable because of too much Dirk. Now we barely get any Dirk, but Rosebot continues the Strilonde tradition of insufferably talking about the fucking narrative, and how much SBURB is "unfeeling" and "cold."

"There were barely any panels this time. This isn't MY Homestuck" god shut up you orange prick.
why are they making this? acknowledging that you are doing something bad yet not doing anything to stop doing something bad makes it still bad

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:21 pm

luigi wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:07 pm
Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:44 pm
Yeah me too. There's been a DEVASTATING LACK OF JOHN in Homestuck^2 so far.
Think terezi is trying not to think about John at the moment. Basically part of her motivations is his revival but she is having a lot of doubts when it comes to even doing this stuff. The entire process of sburb is very amoral, even if the result is the propagation of life. A little punch fucking, or whatever this is, might improve her mood.

Also i have a feeling that Dirk is gonna do something ot God tier Terezi at some point. Cause of the fact she will be dead long before the session will start.

luigi

Post by luigi » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:24 pm

You know what I just realized? There haven't been any "flash" animations, barely any gifs, and we're more than a 100 pages in. If we don't get a [s] before page 500 I'm gonna shit in my hand and toss it at my computer. That'll show 'em! :detestful:

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:31 pm

Adding, because I forgot to in my original post:
I feel like all this discussion about how the previous game sessions were a mess without stricter guidance is some kind of meta commentary on how the original comic was executed.

Which, if that is the case, I wish they'd just do it,
and stop telling us that they're going to do it and it's going to be a better product.
Actions speak louder than words, etc.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:34 pm

luigi wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:24 pm
You know what I just realized? There haven't been any "flash" animations, barely any gifs, and we're more than a 100 pages in. If we don't get a [s] before page 500 I'm gonna shit in my hand and toss it at my computer. That'll show 'em! :detestful:
they have confirmed there wont be any flashes nor walkarounds in this

luigi

Post by luigi » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:36 pm

Shitpost Lizard wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:31 pm
I feel like all this discussion about how the previous game sessions were a mess without stricter guidance is some kind of meta commentary on how the original comic was executed.

and stop telling us that they're going to do it and it's going to be a better product.
I do agree with the sentiment that they should just get moving by now. Like, I'm not against how much of the story is being spent on this exposition from a word or page count perspective, but irl it's been literally months and we're only just now easing out of the prologue.

If they released Chapter 5 as the last page of Chapter 4, and then released whatever Chapter 6 is going to be in Chapter 5's place people wouldn't hate it as much. I think the real world pacing of the story is making it seem like the story is just dragging, which was also my biggest gripe (and seemingly most people's biggest gripe) about getting access to new characters back in Acts 2 & 3.
Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:34 pm
luigi wrote:
Now that's some fucking garbage right there I can't believe you told me that now I'm incredibly sad and my hopes are irreparably dashed. :jadesob:

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:39 pm

luigi wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:16 pm
^ Responding to person above the person above me

I think the dissolution either refers to the B2 Frog Temple (HOW THE FUCK DID IT GET TO EARTH????????????????????) or barring that, it just refers to the minds of the Reader. Like, if Homestuck ends and is forgotten by us in the real world, it essentially ceases to exist. Being fiction, it only really exists in the minds of those who engage with it, so Dirk's fears right now are that if he doesn't incite conflict, there will be no story, and thus no canon, and thus- he will dissolve.
Its complicated. We have to understand that Homestuck's meta structure is still separated from.. Well US as it were. There are equivalents to us i imagine but is not 'us' exactly. The fourth wall does not separate us from the reality, the fourth wall separates the more meta constructs that govern their world from their layer of reality.

Still if we apply the idea, a story has to be in the minds of people. Most stories that stick into peoples' heads are complete stories. But homestuck always felt incomplete. A story coming full circle sticks with us more than a story that ended prematurely or was canceled. In a sense the timeloop in homestuck is literally the story 'coming full circle'. its why they had to ensure that the timeloop of lord english was complete... and arguably it wasn't beating him.

So long as a story remains 'true' the peeps in it live on afterwards from what i gathered from the 3 pillars. So something else needs to be done for the timeloop to become 'true'.

People are thinking that this is the planet where cherubs come form or horror terrors. And then there is hte infamous squiddle session joke. SO its possible that... this is less them looping perfectly and more John's retcon kinda fucked everyhting up so they are doing this to fix shit.

THAT or it turns out that Rose is completely mislead here. Dirk implied he is manipulating her visions last chapter. It could be he is making her see this doomed future if they don't act, but the reality is they literally are just hijacking an important session.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:45 pm

luigi wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:36 pm
Shitpost Lizard wrote:

I do agree with the sentiment that they should just get moving by now. Like, I'm not against how much of the story is being spent on this exposition from a word or page count perspective, but irl it's been literally months and we're only just now easing out of the prologue.

If they released Chapter 5 as the last page of Chapter 4, and then released whatever Chapter 6 is going to be in Chapter 5's place people wouldn't hate it as much. I think the real world pacing of the story is making it seem like the story is just dragging, which was also my biggest gripe (and seemingly most people's biggest gripe) about getting access to new characters back in Acts 2 & 3.
Generalrabogolfo wrote:
luigi wrote:
Now that's some fucking garbage right there I can't believe you told me that now I'm incredibly sad and my hopes are irreparably dashed. :jadesob:
They stated that they don't have any current plans for flashes and they would need to pay some peeps to create the animations.
Also flash is going to die soon and they don't have a good replacement for them in mind. They have issues with Youtube so hosting it there is a bit iffy. And to be fair youtube is a fuckin mess right now. Has been for years now.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:47 pm

Shitpost Lizard wrote:

Well take into account that Hussie himself refered to Homestuck as a Trash Sculpture. He knows he is a messy motherfucker.

luigi

Post by luigi » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:02 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:45 pm
luigi wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:36 pm
Shitpost Lizard wrote:

Generalrabogolfo wrote:

They stated that they don't have any current plans for flashes and they would need to pay some peeps to create the animations.
Also flash is going to die soon and they don't have a good replacement for them in mind. They have issues with Youtube so hosting it there is a bit iffy. And to be fair youtube is a fuckin mess right now. Has been for years now.
Yeah ik that's why I put flash in air quotes. I don't mean literally flash but just like, Homestuckian animation.

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:03 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:45 pm
werent they using html5 to fix homestuck's flashes? wait. they were fixing homestuck flashes right. that is not a thing that i thought was real but its fake right. right...?