Who is behind Hiveswap and why?

Discuss Hiveswap and Hiveswap Friendsim here!
thorondraco

Who is behind Hiveswap and why?

Post by thorondraco » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:33 pm

And to be clear i am talking about in universe stuff. Not out of universe stuff. And guessing that Whatpumpkin guys are applying the canon discussion to hivswap. Which honestly would be appropriate. I might be wrong but it feels like they are. They pesterquest stuff semes to be like 'yes this is actually affecting paradox space' so why not Hiveswap that its a spinoff from?

What we know about how a 'story' works in universe is we have three pillars of continuity that is established. Truth, whether its true to the alpha. Relevance, rather we need ot see it or not, like we had to see the doomed timeline Davesprite comes from but not the alpha timeline Beforus. And we have Essential, whether its important and sustains the alpha. One could even presume that the more we see of the reality the more valid it becomes too, so a mixture or prose and visuals.
Hiveswap has about as much visuals and prose as Homestuck. Possibly more than it but it is a very different medium to begin with so its hard to judge.

Another is that there is an author behind it or someone who can function as an author. So likely there is a 'puppetmaster' as quoted in pesterquest. Someone making Hiveswap basically. Of that we have a list of possible culprits. Dirk, Alt Calliope, hussie though he is mia. It is even possible that future versions of Rose and Dave are a possibility, even though their current robot selves don't seem to be open to this. Even to this point we don't know where Homestuck truly began, and time shenanigans are always plausible.
I think the most likely culprit is Dirk simply cause he doesn't have a limitation in how far he is willing to abuse his powers compared to Calliope, though both have the issue of not being able to travel to the past. Their powers only manifested in the future. Though there are likely loopholes.
Doc scratch is another possibility but i feel less likely. At the very least though he is a major player in Hiveswap, though we don't know if he is doing this for himself or is being controlled by another. Which would further emphasis Dirk's possible collusion with him as they would probably get along. But the ultimate point of it is unknown.

The biggest mystery to all of this is why Hiveswap exists. By all means it seems like the only thing Paradox space ever cares to show is sburb sessions and things connected to them. Hiveswap is not a sburb session from what can be seen. So what exactly is the ambition and intent of the Puppetmaster? And why is a half orphan 14 year old who is slowly realizing she's either bi or gay (an dlikely will fully relaize it on the most Bi place created in media), for some reason the centerpiece of this whole plan?

Of course that is presuming that Hiveswap has any purpose outside of just being its own thing. I don't think so because they kinda tied it too securely to homestuck stuff. Joey's father, the multiple references in their house, a literal, cherub portal and it taking place in the same timeline even if its apparently a disconnected story? It would almost be disappointing if it doesn't tie into Homestuck^2. Especially with doc scratch involved. And they literally centered the visual novels, including Pesterquest which is apparently actually tearing paradox space apart at the seams, on the status of Hiveswap.

Anyway what do other peeps think about Hiveswap?

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Re: Who is behind Hiveswap and why?

Post by RoyalFiddle » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:02 pm

Pesterquest is separate from Hiveswap, it's Friendsim that had any bearing, and the mastermind behind that is someone we've already seen influence events in Hiveswap. Doc is manipulating events, and while we don't know why, it's clearly not connected to the HS^2 events at all. It takes place way back on the timeline, and besides that, the only reason we have for Pesterquest being any sort of relevant at all are because of the Juju.

Basically, Pestquest is the Friendsim to HS^2, and Hiveswap is connected to neither, outside of a few references.
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:13 pm

RoyalFiddle wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:02 pm
Pesterquest is separate from Hiveswap, it's Friendsim that had any bearing, and the mastermind behind that is someone we've already seen influence events in Hiveswap. Doc is manipulating events, and while we don't know why, it's clearly not connected to the HS^2 events at all. It takes place way back on the timeline, and besides that, the only reason we have for Pesterquest being any sort of relevant at all are because of the Juju.

Basically, Pestquest is the Friendsim to HS^2, and Hiveswap is connected to neither, outside of a few references.
We don't know if Doc has the power to create a narrative. And also someone clearly sent the reader to Doc Scratch for their purposes and recent pesterquests imply that 'puppetmaster' is behind Hiveswap.

The pesterquest is not the friendsims equivalent to Hs^2, though it links into it. Its the sequel of friendsims with the exact same character we played as in friendsims and who has a major motivation to return to Hiveswap's story to help/rescue his friends. But is unable to for reasons we have yet to learn. Its possible its because he can't enter another Story. In fact he seemed cut off from the beginning as the wall didn't let him pass through.

So quite literally Pesterquest is about a character that appeared in Hiveswap and wants to return to Hiveswap. And its implied he is going to encounter the person behind him being in Friendsims to begin with in Pesterquest. So yea i am gonna say the link between everything is growing.

Also literally time does not actually matter that much. Yes its WAY in the future but time means nothing if you have a means of bypassing it. One simply needs a means to making it to the past.

Hell the Empress found her way to Earth via loopholes and secret paths. If the the Condesce can do it, then someone with narrative awareness could easily find a way. Seriously that doesn't matter at all.

TrizzaTethis
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Mage of Hope
Moon: Derse

Post by TrizzaTethis » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:55 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:13 pm
Hell the Empress found her way to Earth via loopholes and secret paths. If the the Condesce can do it, then someone with narrative awareness could easily find a way. Seriously that doesn't matter at all.
My hypothesis is that the Condesce used the medium as her path. The thing is, I fully believe she could only use it to go forward, not back.

I suppose with enough unexplained shenanigans one could end up going back. I mean, we have Grandpa Harley for proof. Before the Beta Session began, he found his way into it, had some adventures happening simultaneous to the ongoing session, and then somehow found his way out to a time period years before the Beta Session began.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:06 pm

TrizzaTethis wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:55 pm
thorondraco wrote:
My hypothesis is that the Condesce used the medium as her path. The thing is, I fully believe she could only use it to go forward, not back.

I suppose with enough unexplained shenanigans one could end up going back. I mean, we have Grandpa Harley for proof. Before the Beta Session began, he found his way into it, had some adventures happening simultaneous to the ongoing session, and then somehow found his way out to a time period years before the Beta Session began.
She would hve to navigate the furthest ring at least. When it comes ot relative distance between the frogs in the furthest ring, its hard to determine. A frog might produce a session that is on the other side of the void for all we know.
It is one of those darkspots in the narrative where we know shit was going down but it is never shown in the story.

TrizzaTethis
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Mage of Hope
Moon: Derse

Post by TrizzaTethis » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:08 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:06 pm
TrizzaTethis wrote:
thorondraco wrote:

She would hve to navigate the furthest ring at least. When it comes ot relative distance between the frogs in the furthest ring, its hard to determine. A frog might produce a session that is on the other side of the void for all we know.
It is one of those darkspots in the narrative where we know shit was going down but it is never shown in the story.
The Condesce's path would likely be no different from how the players on the meteor got to Alpha Earth.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:30 pm

TrizzaTethis wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:08 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:06 pm
TrizzaTethis wrote:

The Condesce's path would likely be no different from how the players on the meteor got to Alpha Earth.
The meteor went to the human unviere's alpha session. The frog was, for however short a time, already present.

Its very possible that the condesce traveled from there and around the same time as the other trolls, following behind them without their knowing.

The question remains HOW she got to the human unvierse though. From what we know the only entrance is the door.

MorganMustDie
Pronouns: f

Post by MorganMustDie » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:03 am

thorondraco wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:30 pm
The meteor went to the human unviere's alpha session. The frog was, for however short a time, already present.

Its very possible that the condesce traveled from there and around the same time as the other trolls, following behind them without their knowing.

The question remains HOW she got to the human unvierse though. From what we know the only entrance is the door.
Remember, the humans' universe was located in the troll's incipisphere, the condesce would have no reason to follow the trolls to the green sun because she would be leaving her destination behind. As for how she got in, we know that for a good deal of time she was present in the alpha kids' incipisphere, and given that we see Grandpa using transportalisers in the beta session to jump back and forth between the medium and Earth, it wouldn't be out of the question to assume that the alpha incipisphere has similar transporters somewhere

The only real dark patch is that we don't see her journey from whatever session/location she starts in until she reaches the alpha session
Image Perfection.