Prediction regarding Yiffy

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
overThinker
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Seer of Light
Moon: Derse

Prediction regarding Yiffy

Post by overThinker » Mon May 04, 2020 11:08 pm

i just thought of this, and i'm interested in what others have to say.

despite knowing nothing about her, i'm seriously willing to bet that yiffy will be a rage player. recall every time in the narrative that rage has been present, and everything that the aspect has accomplished. through gamzee's actions (and existence in general), the aspect seems to be strongly connected to farce, inopportune humor, plot bullshit, satire, and disbelief, usually in ways that deliberately frustrate the comic's readership. think of gamzee's character arc, wherein he realizes that his entire religion is a joke, and that he can do almost anything he wants because his character is a joke as well. think of his various out of place appearances in the comic, and how he almost seems like he's aware of how much of an anomaly he is, as if he's deliberately pushing the audience's buttons. think of everything that he's involved with that makes absolutely no sense, like his presence on earth c that happens to coincide with caliborn's session, or his completely unexplained possession of the warhammer of zillyhoo during murderstuck. as a bard, it's a given that he causes destruction, and judging by the type of destruction which he causes (destruction of the narrative, destruction of plot cohesion and believability), it becomes very clear that rage manifests itself in the concepts of ridicule, impudence, discontinuity, and audience frustration.

now recall yiffy's reveal.

they're similar, right? her name is a sexual furry joke. as an audience, we're supposed to believe that jade and rose named their child after the terminology for a bestial fetish act, and that they couldn't change it because of "carapacian bureaucracy." it's as if her existence is meant to be a disrespectful joke. and i don't think i need to reiterate how frustrated most fans were with her reveal, haha.

but also consider the anger that jade exhibited in response to john's indelicacy. and consider the emotions which prompted jade to bear yiffy in the first place, which kanaya describes as "The Simple Crime Of Wanting To Be A Mother," adding that "If Anyone In This World Understands The Lengths To Which A Person Will Go To Achieve Such An End / Then That Person Is Me." these lines are rife with hope, the complementary aspect to rage.

and additionally, one may recall the information revealed in the bonus update,
Spoiler
Show
wherein the stone-cold, infallible, omniscient dirk shows legitimate fear at yiffy's existence. this will be where my reasoning becomes foggier due to our limited knowledge of her, but i think that he's afraid because the rage aspect explicitly clashes with narrative cohesion. if there's anything that could possibly threaten his stranglehold on the story, it would be the bullshit plot armor that the rage aspect seemingly grants (refer back to gamzee). by the sheer nature of her absurdity, she may be one of the few things which dirk cannot control. i'm essentially predicting that her character arc will be unpredictably bullshit enough to threaten dirk's narrative power, which makes me love her now. i was neutral about her before, but if this plays out as i predict, then i will be beyond pleased.
there is no way that her preposterous introduction isn't intentional.

so to summarize: knowing nothing about yiffy's character besides her asinine and inflammatory introduction, yiffy seems to be intentionally coded as a rage player. i'm definitely looking forward to her presence in the story now.

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Re: Prediction regarding Yiffy

Post by luigi » Mon May 04, 2020 11:49 pm

I'm willing to bet on the new 4 having the last four unused kid classpects.

Those being Thief, Bard, Mage, and Sylph
Blood, Rage, Doom, and Mind

Yiffy like you said is almost definitely rage. Probably not a Bard because Gamzee already has that (and Harry I think is more likely to be a Bard, if we go by his love of theater) I think it's likely she's a Sylph. Sylphs heal through their aspect right? So Yiffy coming in and healing the timelines/fixing the story through narrative dissonance would work. Very homestuck. I dig it.
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

thorondraco

Re: Prediction regarding Yiffy

Post by thorondraco » Tue May 05, 2020 12:56 am

luigi wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:49 pm
I'm willing to bet on the new 4 having the last four unused kid classpects.

Those being Thief, Bard, Mage, and Sylph
Blood, Rage, Doom, and Mind

Yiffy like you said is almost definitely rage. Probably not a Bard because Gamzee already has that (and Harry I think is more likely to be a Bard, if we go by his love of theater) I think it's likely she's a Sylph. Sylphs heal through their aspect right? So Yiffy coming in and healing the timelines/fixing the story through narrative dissonance would work. Very homestuck. I dig it.
We are liable to see repeats of classes once Dirk's sburb gets going. Even if they focus on only a handful of the two new species as characters, they are gonna expand things.

If we look into the personalities of the 4 kids, we already know Vrissy is gonna be light. She is a Serket and has the conquerer's sign, so she is a lightbound.
Its hard to say if anyone will have a Thief class. thieves tend to be exceptionally selfish. It could fit with Yiffy but its hard to say... It could be she steals peoples' rage if that is the case, the combination making her a more balanced thief.

Tavros i feel is the msot likely to have the RAge aspect though. He inherited the rage of Gamzee in a way.

Harry being a bard has potential though, we could see a more positive version of a Bard. Though the question is which is Harry's aspect then? Bards and princes destroy theri aspect in themselves and idolize their opposing aspect. So what aspect has he repressed?