(Jade and Rose: Explain everything.) [HS^2 UP8]

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
overThinker
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Seer of Light
Moon: Derse

Re: (Jade and Rose: Explain everything.) [HS^2 UP8]

Post by overThinker » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:27 pm

the epilogues slightly foreshadowed yiffy with a conversation between jade and jake wherein she mentions asking rose about being a surrogate, but there's literally no other foreshadowing of it.

that being said i absolutely loved this update and i'm not really sure why. shit's finally happening and there was an act 1 callback and it was probably the densest update we've gotten in a while so i'm grateful lmao

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them

Post by VASKA » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:27 pm

RoyalFiddle wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:26 pm
VASKA wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:24 pm
This is stupid, random, frankly disgusting, paints everyone involved in a terrible light, and I love it. This is equius in the form of interpersonal drama.
Equius is the best character in Homestuck fite me
Why would I fight you for being correct
Only cuties survive the near future

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Post by RoyalFiddle » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:29 pm

From Candy 18

JADE: ive thought about asking rose to help us but thats so much to ask...

JAKE: What like as a surrogate? To have her carry the child for you in her womb?

JADE: yeah something like that

JAKE: Goodness. Have you mentioned this to her?

JADE: ummm

JADE: yes weve talked a little about it

JAKE: What did she say?

JADE: um haha

JADE: i dunno its a tricky subject!

JADE: she didnt say no

JADE: just that there was... stuff to think about
Last edited by RoyalFiddle on Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:31 pm

ThePungeonMaster wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:05 pm
Well, this is quite the update.
I'm going to be real, this was my favorite update, bar none. I'm serious. It is so astronomically stupid that I was laughing the entire goddamn time they were talking about Yiffy. Would I say this is good? No, this is the stupidest storytelling I've seen in a while. This twist wasn't foreshadowed in the slightest and actively contradicts what we know about the universe. But it's still entertaining imo, and the overwhelming stupidity of this has paradoxically made me more interested. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Hussie planned this. Not to mention the other antics at the beginning of the chapter were entertaining enough, John was good as he always is, and while that beatdown by Vriska would have worked better as an [S] page, it worked well enough in text.

Actually was foreshadowed abit. In the epilogues Jade tells this plan of her's to jake. Maybe she realized how fucked up it was in passing.
But you are right that it HAD to be a plan of Hussie. It is a bit vulgar, out of left field, but it seems to be an essential part of the story.

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:43 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:10 pm
luigi wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:01 pm
HA almost said "It feels like it's going to be a very long day."

I loved seeing John in his jammies again! Even if they were a bit small.

Vriska going god tier during that text block was awesome and synced with SPLIT REALITY coming on in my playlist so it was so fun to read.

And everything was cool and perfect and then John's other friends were about to show up...

and the best update yet became the worst in the span of a few lines as it was revealed that dog dick jade had sex with rose lalonde behind both dave and kanaya's back, which caused rose to conceive a child, that they named fucking YIFFY and hid for FIFTEEN YEARS.

I am now convinced that HS^2 is an experiment to see how fucking awful and degenerate you can make a successful established IP while still somehow maintaining a readership.
Dude....
Dude.
The entire troll species reprolduce via goddamn incest by jizzing into a buck and feeding it to a giant mutant grub that lays eggs. and in time those kids bucketfuck their own siblings. This is jsut some good old adultery. And to be fair she did this before marrying dave and trolls don't super care about monogamy.

Jade maybe having a dog dick and being infertile, while both possible but they are dodging around it for some reason, does do some dramas on its own. Also add to jane ruining everything... But yea yiffy is a weird name....
Oh god i just realized she i a fourth child and her name is Yiffy Longstockings.
You entirely missed the point, I dont actually think irl incest is even an issue I was just saying it's awful and degenerate for our beta kids to be cheating on one another with each other. I was going to say it feels like terrible fanfic but that's literally what Candy is supposed to be so /:

But also I reread it and man we have SPECIBUSES (OR SPECIBI?) AGAIN. I'm so glad we got a unique kind for our new kid. Vriska sticking up for John when the kids call him a loser was sweet and pure and I loved it. John not having an older looking sprite really threw me off at first but I'll probably get used to that as an artifact of the medium.

Oh yeah and John at the end asking about his buddy Dave :(. I really hope him and a version of Dave get to hang out again.
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

SwizzlyBubbles
Classpect: Knight of Hope

Post by SwizzlyBubbles » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:56 pm

VASKA wrote:
This is stupid, random, frankly disgusting, paints everyone involved in a terrible light, and I love it. This is equius in the form of interpersonal drama.

Edit:

Also wow I did not expect this level of disgust from the possibility that an adult woman has a weiner, in the fandom of a comic that has hermaphroditic tentacles as a popular headcanon and more homosexuality than a gay bar
Honestly my problem with this isn't so much with that she has a weiner, the Epilogues seemed to firmly establish that anatomy well enough.

It's more so that they felt the need to completely isolate Yiffy, not just from Kanaya, but from society as a whole for 15 YEARS.

And I have a feeling as to why they're actually doing this: it's to give Jade's kid a reason for her isolation in a world like Earth C so as to have even further parallels to Homestuck: except instead of being trapped on an island, she's trapped inside her home. Stuck at home, if you will. And that in Jade's pursuit to explore and finally forget about the sadness and terrors of isolation that had haunted her for so long, she ended up doing the same thing to Yiffy. Like mother, like daughter.

Forget "Being Jade Harley is suffering": being Yiffy is extreme suffering.
:candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn:
fuck shit all this candy corn is in the narrative god fucking dammit
:candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn:

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:00 pm

VASKA wrote:

Edit:

Also wow I did not expect this level of disgust from the possibility that an adult woman has a weiner, in the fandom of a comic that has hermaphroditic tentacles as a popular headcanon and more homosexuality than a gay bar
My disgust comes from

-Jade cheating on Dave
-Rose cheating on Kanaya
-Jade and Rose keeping this a secret from their friends for fifteen years
-it completely undermining more of Jade's character in the original
-it completely undermining more of Rose's character in the original
-it completely undermining Rose and Kanaya's relationship
-they named the kid Yiffany, which is the most disgusting part of all of this

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them

Post by VASKA » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:05 pm

I think my post is getting a lot of attention from people it wasnt directed at. I was moreso referring to posters that use phrases like "some kind of futa".
Only cuties survive the near future

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:07 pm

Fair enough, it IS kinda weird they'd focus on that so much.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:33 pm

SwizzlyBubbles wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:56 pm
VASKA wrote:

Edit:

Honestly my problem with this isn't so much with that she has a weiner, the Epilogues seemed to firmly establish that anatomy well enough.

It's more so that they felt the need to completely isolate Yiffy, not just from Kanaya, but from society as a whole for 15 YEARS.

And I have a feeling as to why they're actually doing this: it's to give Jade's kid a reason for her isolation in a world like Earth C so as to have even further parallels to Homestuck: except instead of being trapped on an island, she's trapped inside her home. Stuck at home, if you will. And that in Jade's pursuit to explore and finally forget about the sadness and terrors of isolation that had haunted her for so long, she ended up doing the same thing to Yiffy. Like mother, like daughter.

Forget "Being Jade Harley is suffering": being Yiffy is extreme suffering.
I think tis just that she was kept from their social groups aand such rather than socially isolated. In fact it seems tobe implied that Yiffy was with dave and jade.... Actually does that imply that Dave did know about this too?

also you can't cheat on someone when you ain't dating or married to them yet. Jade and dave didn't get married till years later.

KNA

Post by KNA » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:36 pm

Now more than ever, Homestuck2 needs Katnep to become canon immediately. It will make all this stupid bullshit worthwhile.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:39 pm

HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHSHAHHAAHAHSHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHSHAHHAAHAHSHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHH *catches breath* HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHSHAHHAAHAHSHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHSHAHHAAHAHSHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHSHAHHAAHAHSHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHH
:rosecool:

ThePungeonMaster
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:52 pm

Yeah pretty much.
June X Vriska is the best ship.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:52 pm

Think people are taking this chapter in various exagerrated ways. (points to posts above)

Oh wait a minute.. i just had a thought.

A daughter of jade and rose that was completely unknown, was in the shadows of Jane lair with only a growl and chain rattling to her appearance, that was only revealed very recently to us the readers?

What if Yiffany is Voidbound?

homeStank
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by homeStank » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:57 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:52 pm
Think people are taking this chapter in various exagerrated ways. (points to posts above)

A daughter of jade and rose that was completely unknown, was in the shadows of Jane lair with only a growl and chain rattling to her appearance, that was only revealed very recently to us the readers?

that could actually be interesting and make me not despise this update with my whole being. Being completely unmentioned in the narrative up until now would be incredibly useful to the aspect and the thing and themes it represents.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:11 pm

homeStank wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:57 pm
thorondraco wrote:

that could actually be interesting and make me not despise this update with my whole being. Being completely unmentioned in the narrative up until now would be incredibly useful to the aspect and the thing and themes it represents.
Guess ti depensd on how aspects work. Like for humans they produce something that mixes into the aspects. Or maybe its completely rando.
But yea if its an aspect thing it could work and would kinda mke sense. Rose has been kinda... voidtouched you could say, like she has both the power of void and light in her. And Space is a dark expanse at norm. Essentaily Yiffany's aspect and secret life obscured her.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:13 pm

homeStank wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:57 pm
thorondraco wrote:

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:09 pm

I feel like a lot of the negative reaction to this is that they don't know if the new guys can pull off homestuck like Hussie could. Basically ridiculous and stupid shit happened in homsetuck but Hussie made it work, we don't know if the likes of AYsha, kate, and so on have the chops for it. But i also think that they forget hussie is still an overviewer of all things and his handprints are allllll over this shit.
Yiffy was one of the things that Hussie refused to negotiate on basically Xd.

In the end Homerstuck is a shitpost as it is a dissection of story and a fairly well crafted world. What hussie did is make us care about a shitpost in a serious manner which evolved it to more than just a shitpost.
And most of us seem afraid that Homsetuck^2 can't obtain that balance. I have faith cause these writers can pull homsetuck off and ahve proven it, and hussie has his hands ALLL over this garbage sculpture.

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:19 pm

More jacking off Vriska.
Her making a speech that Karkat would or should have made, if he wasn't completely castrated post-retcon.
More infidelity drama.
Kanaya not having some major trust issues with Rose when Rose had sex and fostered a child without her consent because "but they TRU WUVZ eachother!"
Jade and Rose naming their kid a term furries use for sex, of all things. Because Jade having a dog dick wasn't enough to hammer the furry point home.

All of this reads like bad Tumblr fan-content.

Hard pass. I'll wait to see what Dirk and co are doing.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:53 pm

Shitpost Lizard wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:19 pm
More jacking off Vriska.
Her making a speech that Karkat would or should have made, if he wasn't completely castrated post-retcon.
More infidelity drama.
Kanaya not having some major trust issues with Rose when Rose had sex and fostered a child without her consent because "but they TRU WUVZ eachother!"
Jade and Rose naming their kid a term furries use for sex, of all things. Because Jade having a dog dick wasn't enough to hammer the furry point home.

All of this reads like bad Tumblr fan-content.

Hard pass. I'll wait to see what Dirk and co are doing.
Vriska is always the most blunt dude and always will be.

Also Kanaya is literally from a species that at norm have 4 relationships at once with at least one of them being negative based. In her mind she would see their relationship as the pale spectrum inspite physical sex being involved. She just didn't like the lying part.

Also i find it hilarious cause it seems like neither of them knew what Yiff meant when they named her. And likely it is so difficult to rename people cause those damn carapacians, that the file is still going through to this day.