Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Discuss post-canon works such as the Homestuck Epilogues, Pesterquest, or Homestuck 2 here!

Moderators: calamityCons, RoseBot

User avatar
foreverFlummoxed
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:18 am
Location: Lurking in the basement I don't have
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light
Moon: Prospit
Contact:

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:04 pm

Seeing that Muse has finally been shown in sprite form I thought, "that's pretty cool. about time really."

Seeing a flash page that didn't seem to use the flash player being retired in December (R.I.P.) I thought, "wow. I really hope this is used for the other Homestuck 1 flashes, so they can be preserved."

Everyone else, apparently: "D E E P E S T - L O R E"

(this is a joke I actually don't hate the lore stuff, I just noticed a pattern of a lot of readers almost immediately analyzing every small detail with every update :insolent:)

Okay but seriously, the flashes in Homestuck 1 need to be preserved on the website (for those that don't want to download every flash just to see it in HQ/actually watch them. See DD: ascend more causally, which can't be viewed as a video/on mobile because nudity got it removed from YouTube, and the possibility of MSPA reader: mental breakdown being taken down from YouTube due to having Hello Zepp featured prominently in it) this should probably be a concern of at least someone besides me right?
Last edited by foreverFlummoxed on Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's a YouTube channel

thorondraco
Posts: 986
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by thorondraco » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:53 pm

Shitpost Lizard wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:06 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:21 pm
....I jsut realized something.

Alt Calliope has a vore fetish and loves the idea of physically eating evil people whom she hates. She literally ate caliborn, then at lord english (a mistake i think as it means that dead jade assimilated the parts of lord english that Dirk is connected to).

I think she has a hate boner for dirk. which is why she is drinking orange juice all the time. Cause its like drinking his essence XD
[A user on Twitter] also pointed out that Trickster Dirk has orange juice (or soda? but whatever) in his hair.

ES-3RdjXsAA4cYL.png

If you think about it, pulp is also the "meat" of the orange,
and we know cherubs like sweet meats, so...
:v
I think we need to give these writers a bit more credit. Cause yea XD

User avatar
pfeffer-29
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:38 am
Location: the time vortex
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Heir of Mind
Moon: Derse

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by pfeffer-29 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:54 pm

I liked this.

The dialogue was compelling to read for once. I liked that the unfairness of Jade's situation and the OOC-ness of Meat were acknowledged. (Better late than never!) Most of all, JADE HARLEY HAS AGENCY! For about ten pages, but she has it!

She'd better not be actually dead. I swear, if Jade dies permanently after having the most agency she's had in LITERAL YEARS from eating a goddamn crisp I will locate Andrew Hussie's house and fill his sock drawer with water.

This was a step in the right direction. Please, Homestuck^2, keep going. You've done it once now. You can do it again.

GIVE JADE HARLEY AGENCY 2020
you can pry karezi out of my cold dead hands

A hearty BUTTER GOOD to all!

User avatar
pfeffer-29
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:38 am
Location: the time vortex
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Heir of Mind
Moon: Derse

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by pfeffer-29 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Okay never mind the dead thing! I am an idiot.
(1) That was a peanut-butter cup.
(2) It fell out of Jade's hand whole and uneaten. Jade's eyes went back to normal. Therefore
(3) Jade is alive and in control of her body!

FRICK

YES
you can pry karezi out of my cold dead hands

A hearty BUTTER GOOD to all!

thorondraco
Posts: 986
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by thorondraco » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:56 pm

pfeffer-29 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:49 pm
Okay never mind the dead thing! I am an idiot.
(1) That was a peanut-butter cup.
(2) It fell out of Jade's hand whole and uneaten. Jade's eyes went back to normal. Therefore
(3) Jade is alive and in control of her body!

FRICK

YES
Yay for Jade gaining independence!

But there is still the issue that without Calliope, they've all lost their buffer against Dirk. Though maybe jade can detect his thoughts now which could help. Though they have likely lost track of where Dirk would be right now.

User avatar
Shitpost Lizard
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:43 am
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope
Moon: Derse

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:15 pm

If Jade could tell the difference between Alt-Calliope forcing her to do stuff, and what is her own will and her own voice, I imagine she could do the same about Dirk.

If anything, I imagine it would be harder for him because he's a completely different Aspect than her, if what Calliope says about Kanaya means anything.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
Image
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff: Twitter | Insta | Tumblr]

tentativeTumbleweed
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:42 pm
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by tentativeTumbleweed » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:09 pm

pfeffer-29 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:49 pm

But there is still the issue that without Calliope, they've all lost their buffer against Dirk. Though maybe jade can detect his thoughts now which could help. Though they have likely lost track of where Dirk would be right now.
They didn't really lose Calliope though, she is still around, she just has to ask Jade for her consent in entering her body now from what I'd guess.

Also, I just realised, this is the first Homestuck content I ever had to wait for, what makes it feel somewhat special, even though that may not make too much sense ^^

thorondraco
Posts: 986
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by thorondraco » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:10 pm

tentativeTumbleweed wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:09 pm
pfeffer-29 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:49 pm

But there is still the issue that without Calliope, they've all lost their buffer against Dirk. Though maybe jade can detect his thoughts now which could help. Though they have likely lost track of where Dirk would be right now.
They didn't really lose Calliope though, she is still around, she just has to ask Jade for her consent in entering her body now from what I'd guess.

Also, I just realised, this is the first Homestuck content I ever had to wait for, what makes it feel somewhat special, even though that may not make too much sense ^^
the wait culture Xd

but no she needs to be in control of Jade's body in order to control the narrative and push Dirk out.

User avatar
Shitpost Lizard
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:43 am
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope
Moon: Derse

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:14 pm

tentativeTumbleweed wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:09 pm
Also, I just realised, this is the first Homestuck content I ever had to wait for, what makes it feel somewhat special, even though that may not make too much sense ^^
Grats.

Let's hope they don't repeat the Giga-mega-fucko-meno-Pause though.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
Image
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff: Twitter | Insta | Tumblr]

tentativeTumbleweed
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:42 pm
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by tentativeTumbleweed » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:19 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:10 pm

the wait culture Xd

but no she needs to be in control of Jade's body in order to control the narrative and push Dirk out.
Yeah, it may sound silly, but it kind of feel sright to have to wait for content :D
And I know that, but still, as of now it seems that Calliope as well as Dirk only has a limited "radius of omniscient narrating", so until they're close enough for it to become a problem - well, I'm really looking forward to see who's going to narrate the story on board of the nameless ship! I'd be so happy if they, like, took turns, I'd love to see Karkat have a go at it

tentativeTumbleweed
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:42 pm
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by tentativeTumbleweed » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:20 pm

Shitpost Lizard wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:14 pm

Let's hope they don't repeat the Giga-mega-fucko-meno-Pause though.
Was that the one that held on for pretty much a year?

thorondraco
Posts: 986
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by thorondraco » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:12 pm

tentativeTumbleweed wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:19 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:10 pm

the wait culture Xd

but no she needs to be in control of Jade's body in order to control the narrative and push Dirk out.
Yeah, it may sound silly, but it kind of feel sright to have to wait for content :D
And I know that, but still, as of now it seems that Calliope as well as Dirk only has a limited "radius of omniscient narrating", so until they're close enough for it to become a problem - well, I'm really looking forward to see who's going to narrate the story on board of the nameless ship! I'd be so happy if they, like, took turns, I'd love to see Karkat have a go at it
i think the only one capable would be Jade maybe, if first guardians can just generally do that.

tentativeTumbleweed
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:42 pm
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by tentativeTumbleweed » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:26 am

thorondraco wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:12 pm
i think the only one capable would be Jade maybe, if first guardians can just generally do that.
Hm, I don't think that's a first guardian thing, otherwise I would've expected a lot of angry rambling by adult Lord English, considering that he somehow had fg powers

thorondraco
Posts: 986
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by thorondraco » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:33 pm

tentativeTumbleweed wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:26 am
thorondraco wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:12 pm
i think the only one capable would be Jade maybe, if first guardians can just generally do that.
Hm, I don't think that's a first guardian thing, otherwise I would've expected a lot of angry rambling by adult Lord English, considering that he somehow had fg powers
Fair. We know that somehow Doc scratch was able to narrate to us for a while, though it seemed to have a very different style. First guradians are said ot have omniscience to a certain degree and far as we know, Jade is the only being in existence right now with first guardian attributes, even if she has no power source to draw from anymore.
Doc scratch said that first guardians cannot survive without the green sun sustaining them. Reason why Jade can survive is because of her human half. likely the tavrosprite is the same way being a sprite and kinda already dead?

Depending on what let Doc scratch narrate, maybe Jade can somehow access it?

User avatar
trying
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:54 pm
Classpect: Rogue of Breath
Moon: Prospit

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by trying » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:36 pm

It was probably my least favorite chapter yet. I'm less than interested in jade since act 7; i'm mostly indifferent to the power struggle and the narration gimmicks while in my eyes are not entirely spent, were not utilized in a way that drew me in. I'm not terribly interested in where the story or characters are going right now, I'm really around for the art that I actually kinda like, but this update featured rather boring panels I feel like. I liked the one with jade buzzing around in different colors, and I am excited that there are going to be "flashes", I heard a rumor there weren't going to be any.

User avatar
Kidpen
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:56 pm
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Mind
Moon: Derse

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by Kidpen » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:06 pm

So this was the first chapter in March, right? Are we going to get another one? Has someone tweeted about this and I didn't see?
the epilogues were good.

thorondraco
Posts: 986
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by thorondraco » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:31 pm

Kidpen wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:06 pm
So this was the first chapter in March, right? Are we going to get another one? Has someone tweeted about this and I didn't see?
There was a message on patreon that becaue of the pandemic stuff the second update is gonna be delayed to april 2nd. it appears that htey were originally going for march 31st.

it sounds like some of their guys got sick

User avatar
Generalrabogolfo
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:08 pm
Location: Caliborn's Tummy
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:01 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:31 pm
Kidpen wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:06 pm
So this was the first chapter in March, right? Are we going to get another one? Has someone tweeted about this and I didn't see?
There was a message on patreon that becaue of the pandemic stuff the second update is gonna be delayed to april 2nd. it appears that htey were originally going for march 31st.

it sounds like some of their guys got sick
wow a delay of two days sure will help
:rosecool:

User avatar
ThePungeonMaster
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:15 am
Location: England, but newer
Classpect: Prince of Breath
Moon: Derse
Contact:

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:57 pm

I've got the feeling that they're gonna tie this into Dirk's PQ route somehow. I mean, at least I hope so, otherwise it seems kind of pointless to delay it for such a short amount of time.
John X Vriska is the best ship.

thorondraco
Posts: 986
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 6

Post by thorondraco » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:03 am

ThePungeonMaster wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:57 pm
I've got the feeling that they're gonna tie this into Dirk's PQ route somehow. I mean, at least I hope so, otherwise it seems kind of pointless to delay it for such a short amount of time.
or maybe that is just how many days they need.

Post Reply