Roxy time!

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

Roxy time!

Post by thorondraco » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:22 am

Come join the Roxy time!

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Re: Roxy time!

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:24 am

dude next time add a pic or something
happo roxo.PNG
happo roxo.PNG (458.25 KiB) Viewed 14732 times
:rosecool:

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:41 am

Now I know what this design reminds me of.

She looks like she's Trickster'd.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:02 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:24 am
dude next time add a pic or something
happo roxo.PNG
Did not know that was a requiment. Also don't know how to make a pic XD.

Also dear god The reader has got ALL the sass now. think this is the first time we have ever seen 'the reader's voice'

also there are so many snide remarks going on in this chapter its unsettling.

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:04 pm

i really. REALLY. loved that when you go to meet alpha rose with roxy even in death starts playing. and also the effects it has

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:17 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:04 pm
i really. REALLY. loved that when you go to meet alpha rose with roxy even in death starts playing. and also the effects it has
poor roxy. she is a cinnamon roll and a half.

Also they also brought up her nonbinary stuff too.. And it kinda answers why he was standoffish in that hs^2 update. In their mind they see Alpha Rose as a rolemodel for femininity, but unfortunately sees Dirk as a rolemodel for masculinity. Which means he is emulating Dirk's behavior in several ways. Which ain't a good thing cause Roxy's limited human experience means he is likely emulating negative traits.
roxy should be emulating John or at least one of the Dads.

Kinda also plays into her Rogue and Voidy nature. she emulates her mother, taking traits from her, as he emulates dirk, replicating traits from him.

Also i just realized that Roxy is going to be joining us into the endings of pesterquest. i have a feeling we will get rickrolled a bit here.

NAKNAKNAK

Post by NAKNAKNAK » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:36 pm

I wasn't about the hair on her sprite at first bit seeing her in different poses and realising that it is literally just a mess from drinking and isolation the art grew on me.
:professor: NAK NAK THERE IS A BUG ON MY SCREEN AND I CAN'T REACH IT TO SWAT IT AWAY WITH TINY ARMS NAK NAK NAK!!!

ThePungeonMaster
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:42 pm

Hot damn, this shit is bitchin'.
One of my favorite routes so far. Unlike pretty much all the other routes, this one does practically everything right: It provides context and deeper meaning to stuff they will do later in Homestuck/HS^2, without being blatantly pandering or obvious. It's meta, but in a subtle enough way that it still comes off as intelligent and not just pissing about. The voice of the character shines through and is almost entirely authentic. And it manages to have a deep impact on an emotional level. Heck, even the sprites weren't that bad in motion. 10/10.
June X Vriska is the best ship.

Kidpen
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by Kidpen » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:03 am

Wow this might be my favorite one so far. I really loved the meeting mom rose path, I could feel the emotion and abandonment fear from Roxy and it was just fantastic. Everything was amazing except for that one sprite where she has her finger up. That one is bad. The rest were reasonable once I got used to them.
Also I hope Callie's OK.
Also the Dirk hype is real, 4/1, time to get your last theory bets in.
the epilogues were good.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:51 am

Kidpen wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:03 am
Wow this might be my favorite one so far. I really loved the meeting mom rose path, I could feel the emotion and abandonment fear from Roxy and it was just fantastic. Everything was amazing except for that one sprite where she has her finger up. That one is bad. The rest were reasonable once I got used to them.
Also I hope Callie's OK.
Also the Dirk hype is real, 4/1, time to get your last theory bets in.
Okay my theory.
We don't befriend dirk but we feature him, bu twe befriend Calliope and we in fact help her consume her brother, becoming alt calliope.

Then an epilogue shenanigans happen and we face the puppetmaster...

The most like culprit is Dirk. the least likely culprit is alt calliope, even though this might be an origin story for her, she is unlikely to be the contributor.

but something has garnered by attention. As of right now, only the moms have been depicted as characters. dad eggbert was left out. Rose and Roxy as their mom incarnations. The closest we got otherwise is John's stuffed corpse.

Is it possible that Rose could be the culprit?

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:19 am

Kidpen wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:03 am
Also I hope Callie's OK.
i think she's been retconed out of existence because of Jane not playing the game... but then again, the kids should have also been retconed when we made the trolls not play the game so....

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:49 am

I liked this :) not a whole lot to say it was just an all round solid romp with roxy and look at her character. I really liked the art and rose was a pleasant surprise
possibly my one complaint was the way the whole two roses thing was treated. sort of a flippant way to get the whole "actually there's 2 timelines" thing just out of the way. I think it would have been fun if adult roses seer powers made her aware of her prior experiences with the player so when she was asked "have we met before" her answer was yes. but it's just a minor criticism
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:39 pm

Steam page for pesterquest has confirmed that the next chapter is april 1st. And it will have an epilogue with it too. Which is neat.

I wonder what kinda chaos will ensue.

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:19 am

I'm still thinking that the twist will be that the Friend is June. I love this nonbinary bisexual girl getting real comfortable about not sticking to a defined backstory.

I really felt that the reader and Roxy had been married in a past life, and near the end of the good ending it's implied that the Friend remembered a whole lot of stuff they didn't before.

But even if it's not June, the first thing I'd like them to do is accuse him of being Doc Scratch.
only bad takes here

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:21 am

TH4NK YOU B3N wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:19 am
I'm still thinking that the twist will be that the Friend is June. I love this nonbinary bisexual girl getting real comfortable about not sticking to a defined backstory.

I really felt that the reader and Roxy had been married in a past life, and near the end of the good ending it's implied that the Friend remembered a whole lot of stuff they didn't before.

But even if it's not June, the first thing I'd like them to do is accuse him of being Doc Scratch.
That seems to be a theory, that the Reader is some remnant of John in general. Like a part of him was strong enough to survived.
It be a way to create June as a character. Basically the reader BECOMES june through some shenanigans, ceasing to be a standin character and becomes a real character. There has been this evolution of the Reader.
the Reader also shows an affinity towards feminine attire too.

Could be this weird loophole thing towards what seemed to ahve killed John off for good. John but with enough alterations to not be john. Genderbent john and June being rather okay with it.

Okay this is a really weird theory but what if A Clair from Hiveswap is in fact june? Though that has some legitimate incest related issues but its a random thought.

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:37 am

i mean that's an entirely different name and also incest so what the hell? i've heard that a claire is jane too and i have no idea where you people get these ideas
only bad takes here