Pesterquest theory. This is where alt Calliope comes from.

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

Pesterquest theory. This is where alt Calliope comes from.

Post by thorondraco » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:16 am

Credit to MundaneGeneric for having the thought.

Basically that the pesterquest could possibly be leading towards the events that creates Alt Calliope. A timeline where she gets cut off from her friends or motivated to overcome Caliborn, devour him and become alt calliope.

Whether or not it means she is behind pesterquest... That would be the question. Its not implausible but it would show a certain level of hypocrisy, playing around in the past with the retcon powers through someone. Then again it would be needed for her origins.

However the fingerprints seem to belong more to Dirk than it does to calliope. Certain lines, the fact that many times it seems as if the narrator has been trying to dissuade the reader from continuing. Then there is the fact that the reader kept on suffering deaths riiiight after his encounter with Dave. including ones he could have easily escaped.

It could be there is even a third party here that has been working through the reader to accomplish their goal. Or fuck maybe Dirk has deliberately ensured Alt calliope's very existence. Which is disturibng cause it increases the amount of control Dirk has here.

But yea it is plausible, especially if Dirk tries to avoid the Reader.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom
Moon: Derse

Re: Pesterquest theory. This is where alt Calliope comes from.

Post by calamityCons » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:05 pm

I'm really not sure what can be added to the theory. It doesn't seem to have too many holes because it's based on a series that's still in progress. I see no real evidence for or against it really, because Alt!Calliope and Dirk are both jackasses who would probably do that.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

thorondraco

Re: Pesterquest theory. This is where alt Calliope comes from.

Post by thorondraco » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:31 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:05 pm
I'm really not sure what can be added to the theory. It doesn't seem to have too many holes because it's based on a series that's still in progress. I see no real evidence for or against it really, because Alt!Calliope and Dirk are both jackasses who would probably do that.
Calliope not so much. It would be bending the rules of reality too much. Hypocrite though she is she is the 'good girl.' Dirk is more likely to bend the rules of reality for his own ends. He kinda is doing that already by being both a direct player in his plans and the author. She wants to play by the rules and he couldn't give less of a fuck.

Its why she wanted John removed too. Because his powers are too dangerous and unnatural. And if her origins relate to the Reader he could be part of the reason why.