janey janette, the pesterquest new fighter.

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

janey janette, the pesterquest new fighter.

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:20 am

say something nice to janey janette, the new fighter in the amazing fighting game of pesterquest.
janey.png
janey.png (221.17 KiB) Viewed 8538 times
:rosecool:

Kidpen
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Re: janey janette, the pesterquest new fighter.

Post by Kidpen » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:01 pm

Awww cute picture.

I don't know what happens though cause I'm waiting for a specific YT channel I watch to upload a no commentary playthrough. I will return tomorrow.
the epilogues were good.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:28 pm

Okay the shenanigans here are going into full swing this time around folks.

Okay so we definitely got a better grasp on jane, at least i did. She is well meaning but her anger and temper is immense. More she devotes herself to a task absolutely, but if its the wrong direction... Yea.
I think we saw the spark that Nanna gained here. The spark to rebel. Jane can be convinced to reset her course, she just needs to be convinced.

Also i am curious if the condesce ending is going to manifest in some way or if it was just a bad end. I can easily see the reader contending with a Nega Reader and Condesce... Not that it entirely matters perhaps. Paradox space will fall soon. The session is happening even as we speak, we know it true.

But considering how dangerous and powerful the Condesce may be with that power, its possible the Architect of this story will make sure that becomes noncanon asap >_>
Even a retconner is sitll vulnerable to the influence of a narrator.

If it somehow retains it existence it means we could potentially have 3 readers on the loose. Normal reader, Nega reader, and.... Ultimate reader with an Ultimate Feferi?

Wait. There is still one reader. The DEAD reader. Who was with karako in carnival....

Shenanigans are flying out the window now.
Also the chumroll implies that the other ending is the real good ending.... Actually that might imply that the crockercorp ending isn't continuation one.

If we look at the chumroll you see that every time a good ending happens you get something unlocked, save for the two flarp achievements. We technically succeed in befriending the mutant Kitten. Nepeta gets two herself. If we look at Feferis we get two as well. Jane is just the one.

sorbicCondition
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: mage of void

Post by sorbicCondition » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:37 pm

One of my favorite routes so far. A lot of routes kind of shift away from the original character to tell new stories, which is absolutely not a bad thing. A full route that faithfully replicated Act 5 Eridan or Nepeta or Equius would have been, frankly, pretty unbearable. I'd much rather a good story than one that strictly adheres to Hussie's fevered ramblings in 2011.

That said, Jane was very consistent with her Act 6 self, and yet the route was still a joy to read. I've never been a Jane fan, so I was expecting this route to either feel like mild filler or for it to shift gears entirely and have something crazy happen to liven up Jane's character in some way. But, nothing crazy happened (besides that one ending). We solve a mystery and bake a cake. Pip (the author) had full faith in the idea that Jane's personality mixed with MSPA Reader just being a general cute doofus could carry the route. And they were completely right! It was a lot of fun and made me appreciate Jane more.
:cool3d: homestuck 2 :cool3d:

Drinosi
Classpect: Mage of Blood

Post by Drinosi » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:45 pm

I want to know if this is going to be relevant later, or if it was just a thing that happened.
Attachments
obey.JPG
obey.JPG (132.75 KiB) Viewed 8491 times

hailvera
Pronouns: She/her
Classpect: Seer of Life

Post by hailvera » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:58 pm

I don't really enjoy Jane (although I don't outright dislike her unlike Jake) but I have to say that this route was really good. The parts with Roxy were great, even if the pesterlogs were a bit too wordy, and both the bad ends were really good - especially the one with the crocker tiara, legitimately took me for surprise since I thought I had gotten a good end.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:30 pm

Drinosi wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:45 pm
I want to know if this is going to be relevant later, or if it was just a thing that happened.
Its kinda hard imaging it not being relevant but i don't think i am worried. It is one reader against possibly 2.

And i doubt even a robot reader would be any more.... effective than normal reader.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:50 pm

To put an emphasis on Jane in this route, as some of the other elements almost overshadow her, We kinda see Jane in her entirety here.

We see her at her kindest, understanding when others mess up and having a rather kindly nature, if one laced with a bit of selfishness and naivety.

We see her at her angriest, cause she lashes out when she is wrong and defied, spitting venom in all directions. More than likely she feels she needs to be right because being right means things are in control and safe. The two extremes here collide cause she is kind and wants to be responsible yet when things are out of her control she feels that there is danger there and needs to regain control, and thus does cruel things to try and get everything back in order.

We also see her at her cruelest, though in a more comedic light. A full grown man is totally and completely menaced by a somewhat overweight 15 year old girl brandishing a god damn spoon who is roleplaying as a hard boiled 1920's detective. Its fucking hilarious.
But it shows she is more than willing to trample over someone else's safety and rights to get what she wants. Though this could also show an emphasis that she is more likely to do this to someone she views as an enemy.

Writer did job capturing so many of her traits without it all feeling awkward i feel.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:04 pm

OKAY dis guy pointed out something really freaky. A very very similar line used in the first HS^2 update

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Post by RoyalFiddle » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:16 pm

I greatly appreciate the way the plot is furthered within the cracks and edges of this route, seeping in like a cancer not unlike one befitting of a genesis frog. However, what I don't particularly enjoy within this route comes from the focal point herself. I was going into this route hoping that it would provide greater depth of character to Jane, as I've always personally felt that Jane has never been as fleshed out as any other of the characters. I did not, however, get that, and instead what I received felt like a dull, shallow outlook on a character already without fine detail. Is this really the best self they were able to present for Jane? Granted, I'm unsure how much of my disdain comes from my personal dislike of Ms. Crocker as a character, considering she is in third place for my personal least liked (Even pre epilogue)
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]