Chapter 3 is out my dudes

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
Kidpen
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Mind
Moon: Derse

Chapter 3 is out my dudes

Post by Kidpen » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:09 pm

I wish it was longer, but I'm glad we're getting a lot of variety in terms of character focus, and I liked the feelings jams.

https://homestuck2.com/story/96

So we're getting 2 in February or March?
the epilogues were good.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Re: Chapter 3 is out my dudes

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:12 pm

this kanaya
kanaya is pure.PNG
kanaya is pure.PNG (10.61 KiB) Viewed 21738 times
and this jade
cute jade.png
cute jade.png (9.64 KiB) Viewed 21738 times
are the only important things of the update. you can now proceed to thank me for saving your time.
:rosecool:

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:26 pm

Does anyone else think that this is just... kind of dull? Like, it's not even offensive. I don't even think the writing is that bad. It's just that we've seen Dave and Karkat whine about personal issues for close to 6 years now. It's hard to be invested in characters who just do the same shit over and over. Maybe I just have a poor attention span.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

ThePungeonMaster
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:39 pm

Nah, I see where you're coming from. I personally find the character ranting to be interesting, but still not quite as interesting as what we've seen in other updates. just think it needs time to build up steam before we get to the real meat and potatoes, if you'd pardon the pun.
June X Vriska is the best ship.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:48 pm

So we are checking out what these doods are doing for the time being. Neat!

Kanaya makes me so sad. She is wearing an outfit that is meant to really look like Rose's. She misses her so much.

Karkat is showing his fear of being in charge once more. Things went way out of his own hands but he blames himself.. We really need to bring back some of his pals. He needs to prove to himself he can lead. We know he has the power to.

Also Dave stated pure fact. Trauma victims don't make for the best leaders. Also seems like Roxie is sticking to being a boy atm. Though his homestuck type sprite still shows the feminine lipstick stuff. Also his Glasses are amazing.

Also this seems to confirm that the Homestuck sprite stuff, while not being used majorly, is only seen and used in the Alpha space and not in Candy.

I also have a question. Is Calloipe narrating the last three chapters, or is this the very first one she has narrated to us? And what did she sense that made her barge in shouting 'the prince power grows'. She also seemingly somewhat revealed her presence in Jade. But likely not her identity. Hmm.

Here she is using commands like statements. While in both Dirk's thing and in the Candy stuff that is kept to a minimum in his own, and are non existant in Candy. Is that implying that it IS Dirk who is allowing us to see candy right now?

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:55 pm

egg wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:26 pm
Does anyone else think that this is just... kind of dull? Like, it's not even offensive. I don't even think the writing is that bad. It's just that we've seen Dave and Karkat whine about personal issues for close to 6 years now. It's hard to be invested in characters who just do the same shit over and over. Maybe I just have a poor attention span.
Dull not really. Though we do come into this after the Vriskas and a human tavros are hiding for their lives and a Harry anderson shits himself in alarm.
Basically there is nothing these guys can do atm. it seems like their ship is not nearly as fast as Dirk's so they are quite behind. Short of something appearing during their trip.

Basically we came from a rising action to a couple of characters whom are simply traveling and waiting.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:06 pm

If there is nothing that these characters can do yet, then the main reason it’s here is exposition. Everything is setting itself up and revving toward another goal right now. It would be nice if this return to Team DMBS (Dirk Must Be Stopped) were more eventful beyond being a series of characters talking to each other about heavy shit, but I don’t expect hs^2 to appeal to me at all at this point. I’ll stick around until chapter 5 because 5 is a nice number to end on, but I feel the need to express I’m very bored and I don’t think I’ll read further.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

Dream Muttman

Post by Dream Muttman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:16 pm

Is it going to keep doing prologues for every group of characters before any actual developments happen? Where are the rest of the characters chasing Dirk?
Witness my golem:
:candy: :meat: :candy:
:candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn:

Has it grown since you last saw it?

Kidpen
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by Kidpen » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:48 pm

Honestly yeah it was kind of dull. This is the kind of thing I enjoy, but it was a bit jarring going from the previous pace to the current.

Also Karkat and Dave wearing each other's shirts is adorable.

Roxy is stylin.

Seems like maybe alt-callie barged in explicitly to get the narrative going? idk honestly.

Kanaya is great? She continues to be the best troll.

Also Kanaya talking about Rose basically owning Light now was kind of interesting. Does that imply Dirk might straight up own Heart? I was going to say that maybe to ascend you have to be the only player of your aspect in your universe, but obviously that isn't the only requirement considering John, Dave, and Terezi didn't ascend.

I find it a little weird to just not read HS^2 honestly. I mean whatever, you can read what you want, but it's not like it's a high effort thing, especially when you take into account that you can only read it once a month. I think even if it appealed to me not at all, I'd still keep reading both just to see where it's going and because why the heck not.
the epilogues were good.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:33 pm

Kidpen wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:48 pm
Honestly yeah it was kind of dull. This is the kind of thing I enjoy, but it was a bit jarring going from the previous pace to the current.

Also Karkat and Dave wearing each other's shirts is adorable.

Roxy is stylin.

Seems like maybe alt-callie barged in explicitly to get the narrative going? idk honestly.

Kanaya is great? She continues to be the best troll.

Also Kanaya talking about Rose basically owning Light now was kind of interesting. Does that imply Dirk might straight up own Heart? I was going to say that maybe to ascend you have to be the only player of your aspect in your universe, but obviously that isn't the only requirement considering John, Dave, and Terezi didn't ascend.

I find it a little weird to just not read HS^2 honestly. I mean whatever, you can read what you want, but it's not like it's a high effort thing, especially when you take into account that you can only read it once a month. I think even if it appealed to me not at all, I'd still keep reading both just to see where it's going and because why the heck not.
Oh my god what if she did that to try and disrupt what we were doing in Candy? Implying that Candy viewpoint was from Dirk here? It would explain the jarring suddenness.

But yea we are kinda getting a lot of prology things. But fortunately they should be able to ramp the pace up come febuary. Two updates a month so long as the patreon stays at 2000. And the patreon count keeps growing.

It might be why we are getting this prologuy thing here cause we only have two wait a couple weeks for the next update now.

Sokota
Pronouns: he/they

Post by Sokota » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:49 pm

To be honest, this has been my favorite update so far. I kind of enjoyed the catharsis of it. However, I'm kind of hoping HS2 doesn't stick with this for too long, and we start getting into the real meat of the story. (not even an Epilogues joke, lol)

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:59 pm

Sokota wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:49 pm
To be honest, this has been my favorite update so far. I kind of enjoyed the catharsis of it. However, I'm kind of hoping HS2 doesn't stick with this for too long, and we start getting into the real meat of the story. (not even an Epilogues joke, lol)
Good news is that its only gonna be a couple of weeks till the new update.

Dream Muttman

Post by Dream Muttman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:03 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:59 pm
Sokota wrote:
That's not the case. Going by the guidelines the double updates will start next month at the earliest, but since support dipped under the target number for a bit they might start as late as April. There's no confirmation from the HS^2 team at present.

As far as anyone's aware this is it for this month. December's was just late.
Witness my golem:

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:16 pm

Dream Muttman wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:03 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:59 pm
Sokota wrote:
That's not the case. Going by the guidelines the double updates will start next month at the earliest, but since support dipped under the target number for a bit they might start as late as April. There's no confirmation from the HS^2 team at present.

Well yea its obviously that is it for the month but we will likely get an update around the beginning of next month or so. rather than a full month.

Also what matters to this whole thing is if the month begins with 2000 patrons. Because that is when they are charged. However mcuh it dips, so long as the month is going to begin with 2000 patrons the double updates will continue. And that becomes more and more likely to stay above 2000 as we get more patrons.

Seriously why would it dipping down for a bit after the patrons are charged matter so long as it goes back up and, more so, the patreon continues to grow? Now if we went down and hadn't gained any new patrons that is another story. But we've gained a hundred since then with a likelyhood of getting even more by the end of the month.

Its possible we only get so many this month. its also possible we get another 200 patrons as seems to be the pattern so far.
Last edited by thorondraco on Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them

Post by VASKA » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:35 pm

Homestuck 2 is hitting it's stride imo. This was a good update. I really like the kind of dysfunctional family domestic life situation going on here. Unlike the teen drama of the meteor we're getting a soap opera but with the dumbest motherfuckers to ever grace The Bold and The Beautiful.
Only cuties survive the near future

ThePungeonMaster
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:46 pm

Dream Muttman wrote:

I, don't know where you're getting this from. The number of patrons is already back over 2000 and has been for a while. Even if that were the case, I don't know why double updates would start in April. I expect the next one to come out in 2-3 weeks, with updates then coming out every two weeks, giving us about 1 update per week if we're counting Pesterquest.
June X Vriska is the best ship.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:50 pm

ThePungeonMaster wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:46 pm
Dream Muttman wrote:

I, don't know where you're getting this from. The number of patrons is already back over 2000 and has been for a while. Even if that were the case, I don't know why double updates would start in April. I expect the next one to come out in 2-3 weeks, with updates then coming out every two weeks, giving us about 1 update per week if we're counting Pesterquest.
Fortunately the pesterquests are almost over so it would lighten the workload a bit for them. Albeit its also possible they are actively working on Hiveswap Act 3 as well, as the programmers work to finish Act 2.

Also i guess they aren't realizing that its importan that it is at 2000 when the month ends and the charges come in. Even if it temporarily goes down during the month it doesn't matter so long as it pops back up.

Dream Muttman

Post by Dream Muttman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:06 pm

ThePungeonMaster wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:46 pm
Dream Muttman wrote:
Snip
The guidelines clearly state double updates start 2 months after the target patron number is reached, so February is the first month that qualifies in the most optimistic interpretation of that. If it's meant to be read as AFTER 2 months, that would make it March. If the number dipping while going into January affects things that could end up with double updates only starting in April.
Witness my golem:

ArchmageIsACat
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Maid of Doom

Post by ArchmageIsACat » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:24 pm

Double upd8s start february. This is smth kate has said in the pgenpod discord.

MorganMustDie
Pronouns: f

Post by MorganMustDie » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:05 pm

THEY'RE WEARING EACH OTHER'S SHIRTS

I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE THIS SAVED ME
Image Perfection.