Apparently all of visual novel, hiveswap stuff is meant to 'bring the heatdeath of canon' as hussie states?

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

Apparently all of visual novel, hiveswap stuff is meant to 'bring the heatdeath of canon' as hussie states?

Post by thorondraco » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:10 am

Is he talking about the 'dissolution' thing, cause supposedly in Heat death all possible matter disintegrates into evenly spaced out bits of atom goop and energy.

Dream Muttman

Re: Apparently all of visual novel, hiveswap stuff is meant to 'bring the heatdeath of canon' as hussie states?

Post by Dream Muttman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:32 am

That seems impossible with the current method. What caused that for Marvel and DC were the constant reboots. Homestuck keeps weaving its own stuff into itself without properly retconning anything. Every change is obfuscated as something that was always true, making it so fans who are caught up know the canon better as comic book fans used to.
Witness my golem:
:candy: :meat: :candy:
:candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn:

Has it grown since you last saw it?

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Re: Apparently all of visual novel, hiveswap stuff is meant to 'bring the heatdeath of canon' as hussie states?

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:58 am

I read this as "reality as we know it is going to end and we need to panic."

But Aradia doesn't. With a role similar to Ryuk of death note, motivated only by a detatched curiosity, she functions more like a reader insert than the MSPA reader character. She can just float there and watch it all break apart.
only bad takes here

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:31 pm

Dream Muttman wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:32 am
That seems impossible with the current method. What caused that for Marvel and DC were the constant reboots. Homestuck keeps weaving its own stuff into itself without properly retconning anything. Every change is obfuscated as something that was always true, making it so fans who are caught up know the canon better as comic book fans used to.
That seems to be the mot dangerous power of their reality. The ability to make it appear as if changes were always true.
We know that the different hemospectrums having varying levels of strength weren't always true, but the Friendsims codified it, and it is truth now and forever.

It could be something of an internal situation, in universe stuff. The reader has fucked up so much that their reality as they know it might be falling apart. Even as the Reader makes these changes he might risk all falling to ruin anyway. Or at least reality rebooting entirely.

While out of universe peeps aren't left out cause the changes appear like they were always there, in universe whomever are the Powers that Be are running around screaming like their metaphorical hair is on fire.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:47 pm

TH4NK YOU B3N wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:58 am

But Aradia doesn't. With a role similar to Ryuk of death note, motivated only by a detatched curiosity, she functions more like a reader insert than the MSPA reader character. She can just float there and watch it all break apart.
It really seems like she has her own agenda in all of this. Ryuk just sought chaos. Aradia is part of some scheme. She oddly acts the most amicably with the Reader compared to anyone else in homestuck proper. Its revealed that she in fact hates how paradox space currently functions and is rebellious towards it.

The route, like feferi's route, also causes a contextualization of how we can perceive homestuck. Basically Aradia knew or likely figured out the power that the juju can bestow upon someone. And it was Aradia herself that convinced John to put his hands into the juju. In Feferi's route we learn that something had been using a Hiveswap character to speak to Feferi all this time.

This, we can presume, are both changes to the timeline. But changes that still fit into the timelines still regardless. Secrets things that were happening offscreen but revealed to us now.

So yea Aradia is a schemer and has fooled even the likes of alt Calliope.

also technically speaking reality as ew knew it in homestuck DID in fact end did it not?

TH4NK YOU B3N

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:27 pm

She's still emotionally invested in the characters because they're her friends, but she also wants to stay a safe distance from the action, so she's not going to get involved.
only bad takes here

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:39 pm

TH4NK YOU B3N wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:27 pm
She's still emotionally invested in the characters because they're her friends, but she also wants to stay a safe distance from the action, so she's not going to get involved.
She is of course but she also knows they are so tightly bound by their fate, unable to escape it. She never even implied that she hated paradox space after god tiering. The pesterquest stuff seems to imply that she had in fact been secretly rebelling against their reality.

Just cause she is a schemer does not mean she is doing so with malice or apathy... One could argue that Dirk's schemes probably have his friends in mind despite its clear selfishness.

TH4NK YOU B3N

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:49 am

Actually, if she's keeping things secret from us, then I guess she isn't an audience surrogate after all. From the characterization of her robot self, we know she hates predestination, taking commands, and things such as that. It's not actually bad for Paradox Space to be destroyed if it means existence in a place with less of all that horseshit.
only bad takes here

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:39 am

TH4NK YOU B3N wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:49 am
Actually, if she's keeping things secret from us, then I guess she isn't an audience surrogate after all. From the characterization of her robot self, we know she hates predestination, taking commands, and things such as that. It's not actually bad for Paradox Space to be destroyed if it means existence in a place with less of all that horseshit.
Think the issue is that the reality is built solely towards accomplishing the goal to the point that it detriments the possibility of personal growth. It thrives off of characters only learning what they need to know and remaining ignorant if they must remain ignorant. Its why you see so many god tier ghosts, as they weren't supposed to.

Poor kanaya for example. She couldn't unlock her sylph powers cause it would have meant Feferi survives at least. She is denied understanding of her aspect and class because reality demands it so.

Course its all presuming Pesterquest is part of the Story of homestuck, and homestuck^2. Which i feel it is cause.. well they literally have it that the reader is fucking up reality, not creating doomed timelines. If they had these be doomed timlines that is one thing, but this is retcon shit.

SbIUsedToKnow

Post by SbIUsedToKnow » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:34 am

It sure brought the heat death of Homestuck. Congrats I guess.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:39 am

SbIUsedToKnow wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:34 am
It sure brought the heat death of Homestuck. Congrats I guess.
Which is why its generally doing very well right now.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom
Moon: Derse

Post by calamityCons » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:27 pm

What? Thorondraco, it's not doing well at all right now. The fandom is scattered across tons of social media sites. The HS2 Patreon is peanuts compared to the money they earned from the Kickstarter for Hiveswap in 2011. In comparison to everything that came before, the current Homestuck media being released is more divisive, less frequent, and less accessible than ever. Why do you think it's doing well? Genuinely curious, because from my perspective it's not doing so hot.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

TH4NK YOU B3N

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:13 pm

I don't know how to use twitter so I don't know what hip hashtags the people are using these days

All I see is the SonicFox fursuit.
only bad takes here

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:16 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:27 pm
What? Thorondraco, it's not doing well at all right now. The fandom is scattered across tons of social media sites. The HS2 Patreon is peanuts compared to the money they earned from the Kickstarter for Hiveswap in 2011. In comparison to everything that came before, the current Homestuck media being released is more divisive, less frequent, and less accessible than ever. Why do you think it's doing well? Genuinely curious, because from my perspective it's not doing so hot.
Its why i used the term generally. Lotta stuff has happened and homestuck is very old. but considering all of its issues, it still reached 2000 peeps in only a couple of updates, has shown continuing growth on the patreon, and the updates while infrequent compared to the Hussie';s early days, ARE FAR more consistent than his later times, and having succeeded in updating monthly. Generally outside of extreme opinions, the reaction to the sequel is becoming more positive as the writing teams proves itself to a lot of hesitant folks.

Also its a little o compare monthly updates to a kickstarter. With a kickstarter your pay once and you are expecting a product out of it at some point to pay for later. Monthly payments are a different deal as it takes a certain level of commitment, thinking on if you can go with paying that amount every month and all that. So it reaching a rather modest go so soon in indicative that people want more Homestuck. Even if they re scattered across discords and reddits and twitters. And slowly shit is growing again

We won't be getting a major boom like in the past for many reasons but it doesn't mean the fandom isn't growing again nor will it continue to grow. I like to compare Fandoms to volcanic islands. You get this huge upheaval of fire and molten shit that piles up, some of it runs off into the ocean in time, some of it hardens in place. The place becomes a home for fans to inhabit, while other leaves for other things, or were only there cause of fads or being asshole trolls. This is the volacno becoming active again, and even though it may never explode like it did before, it can continue to grow.

ANY fandom looks like its dying when you compare it to it boom age.

TH4NK YOU B3N

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:51 pm

I like how nobody involved has any idea of what's actually going on.
only bad takes here

Blob55

Post by Blob55 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:03 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:47 pm
TH4NK YOU B3N wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:58 am

It really seems like she has her own agenda in all of this. Ryuk just sought chaos. Aradia is part of some scheme. She oddly acts the most amicably with the Reader compared to anyone else in homestuck proper. Its revealed that she in fact hates how paradox space currently functions and is rebellious towards it.
I'd say that Sollux also rebels PS as it is, but in a different way: By totally ignoring it. If everyone ignores it, instead of charging towards it, I find it's overall a better method.