What if Bridges and Offramps Was just Hussie hinting towards Homestuck^2?

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

What if Bridges and Offramps Was just Hussie hinting towards Homestuck^2?

Post by thorondraco » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:29 pm

Sorry for having three of these up in one day. But a thought occurred to me here.

What if this, was in fact Hussie kinda advertising Homestuck^2?

Basically the whole thing was the typical semi/totally pretentious text wall Hussie is prone to do, full of jokes and hidden importance. This i think is a source of a lot of peoples' issue with Homestuck^2. This statement of decentralizing the story.

But if we look at it at the context of Homestuck^2, it suddenly becomes a veiled advertisement of the sequel. Because technically speaking, this isn't wrong. He hasn't exactly gifted the whole thing to the fandom and walked into his Eboy cave to never be seen again. But he hired on fans to do the writing part of the project for him, gave him a fair bit of creative control, and likely acting as the observer and boss of the whole thing.

Basically it means it was a misunderstanding. And the timing of the commentary is around the same time i am pretty sure Aysha said that the production stuff started coming together for Homestuck^2. I think Hussie is also encouraging more fan projects but at the time he posted that, he was already working on this controversial sequel.

JakeMorph

Re: What if Bridges and Offramps Was just Hussie hinting towards Homestuck^2?

Post by JakeMorph » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:59 pm

sorry yeah I thought this was kind of obvious? he was talking about how the Epilogues would have a continuation and then they did.
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Re: What if Bridges and Offramps Was just Hussie hinting towards Homestuck^2?

Post by thorondraco » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:26 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:59 pm
sorry yeah I thought this was kind of obvious? he was talking about how the Epilogues would have a continuation and then they did.
Kinda forgot about the post. Was almost 4 months ago now. But yea it should be a bit obvious. It seems a lot of people have taken it to heart and have wedged it as a criticism towards the sequel.