About the Bonus Update

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
Royaute
Classpect: Waste of Time

About the Bonus Update

Post by Royaute » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:25 pm

Patrons pledging $5 or more per month will get access to a monthly ‘bonus’ update, shorter vignettes featuring some characters and side-plots less crucial for the main storyline [...]
so that was a fucking lie.jpg
so that was a fucking lie.jpg (31.92 KiB) Viewed 9095 times

Darth_Energon

Re: About the Bonus Update

Post by Darth_Energon » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:31 pm

to add insult to injury it also sucked

paladinnertime

Post by paladinnertime » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 pm

so that was jasprose but i guess it at least told us who stayed and who left
So like do highbloods just love milk or what?

NAKNAKNAK
Moon: Derse

Post by NAKNAKNAK » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:24 pm

Well, if the bonus stories are just side stuff that aren't that important in the grand scheme of HS^2 then maybe the remnants of Meat who aren't racing towards the new session are now kinda irrelevant? And if that's the case I'm curious what's going to be happening in Candy that got it important enough to be a main HS^2 chapter.
:professor: NAK NAK THERE IS A BUG ON MY SCREEN AND I CAN'T REACH IT TO SWAT IT AWAY WITH TINY ARMS NAK NAK NAK!!!

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:34 pm

That is kinda factually wrong?

Basically Jane and Jake are staying on Earth C, Jake too much of an emotional wreck and Jane with her whole president shiz. As of right now, they are not part of the story at large.

The newspost stated that if one of these stories fold into the main one they will give a recap of those events so they won't strongarm people into giving 5 bucks just to know wtf is going on. So its possible we have at least two forms. Form A, one that will obviously in time do just that with the current update. And Form B, things that give some information about things happening in the story's background but won't eventually circle back to the story.

We don't have an example of the latter, true. It is best to presume that Jane and Jake will be holding down the fort, or at least Jane is going to be held hostage so Jake can hold down the fort, for the foreseeable future.

And again, to repeat, they said that some of these stories will fold into the main story in time. But that is the in time part. Right now we didn't need to know that Jane got bagged and gagged in the alpha. We might not need to have known until the Meat Team is forced back to Earth c for some reason.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:40 pm

NAKNAKNAK wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:24 pm
Well, if the bonus stories are just side stuff that aren't that important in the grand scheme of HS^2 then maybe the remnants of Meat who aren't racing towards the new session are now kinda irrelevant? And if that's the case I'm curious what's going to be happening in Candy that got it important enough to be a main HS^2 chapter.
For the moment they aren't a primary focus. The newspost they made did say some of these stories would wrap into the main story but they would provide recaps of them when or if that happens.

Though let's face it, this is gonna wrap into it in time. The only question is when and what? These are the intermissions equivalent now. But for now it is just us knowing what is happening in some spots of paradox space that aren't the focus right now. Jane being kidnapped is important for Earth C, not for the main story.

NAKNAKNAK
Moon: Derse

Post by NAKNAKNAK » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:47 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:40 pm
Jane being kidnapped is important for Earth C, not for the main story.
I for one am looking forward to seeing how Vice President Motter Ataxia handles power now that Jane is currently out of the picture.
:professor: NAK NAK THERE IS A BUG ON MY SCREEN AND I CAN'T REACH IT TO SWAT IT AWAY WITH TINY ARMS NAK NAK NAK!!!

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:54 pm

NAKNAKNAK wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:47 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Jane being kidnapped is important for Earth C, not for the main story.
I for one am looking forward to seeing how Vice President Motter Ataxia handles power now that Jane is currently out of the picture.
Considering he was probably 100% a mouthpiece pawn, not well XD.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:58 pm

thorondraco wrote:
For the moment they aren't a primary focus. The newspost they made did say some of these stories would wrap into the main story but they would provide recaps of them when or if that happens.
"If" is the operative word. The impression I get is that they have no plans to make the bonus updates relevant to the main story; they just have a backup plan in place in the event that it does happen.
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:06 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:58 pm
thorondraco wrote:
"If" is the operative word. The impression I get is that they have no plans to make the bonus updates relevant to the main story; they just have a backup plan in place in the event that it does happen.
I am gonna say they have at least this one planned to be relevant. Its a bit transparent. But it could be months if not years before it does. Probably if or when they return to Earth C. These are major characters, just ones out of the loop atm. Probably helps avoid confusion and keeps distance between the versions of Jane and Jake we are dealing with. This is emotional wreck Jake not Improtus spy Jake.
And this is idiot politician Jane not Condesce Jane.

But we will likely get stories that don't have an impact. Like i don't know a scene of troll kids playing Flarp, earth c edition. But greater nonsense will occur in time. With homestuck, expect the greater nonsense.

Or hell, what if they are setting up a flip thing. The Bonus was obviously narrated by Calliope. What if the Bonus and the Main content shifts depending on who has the influence of the narrative? Like next time we focus on Team Meat and we get a bit for Dirk's team as the bonus? Meaning that stuff like the issues on Earth C become the Main focus so long as Calliope is in control, while Candy and Dirk's stuff is the main focus during his turn?

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:08 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:06 pm
Or hell, whta if they are setting up a flip thing. The Bonus was obviously narrated by Calliope. What if the Bonus and the Main content shifts depending on who has the influence of the narrative? Like next time we focus on Team Meat and we get a bit for Dirk's team as the bonus?
that would be the exact opposite of "not twisting anybody's arm into paying 5 dollars to know what's going on"
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:19 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:08 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:06 pm
Or hell, whta if they are setting up a flip thing. The Bonus was obviously narrated by Calliope. What if the Bonus and the Main content shifts depending on who has the influence of the narrative? Like next time we focus on Team Meat and we get a bit for Dirk's team as the bonus?
that would be the exact opposite of "not twisting anybody's arm into paying 5 dollars to know what's going on"
Depends on the context. Like you don't get main story stuff when the shift happens, because the other has taken that main story juice away. Like When dirk is in charge, Calliope is forced to just be flying through the infinite void for like an eon trying to get to the Frog. Or maybe the session itself. When Calliope is in charge, you can only see him taking a shit cussing his head off as he prepares to retake control one again.

I won't lie it wouldn't exactly be super easy to follow but it would be thematic. I am just expecting the weirdness whatever form it comes in.

Though yea the idea is a bit out there. Calliope has to start narrating at some point though.

Crpal
Pronouns: He/Him
Moon: Prospit

Post by Crpal » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:26 pm

I mean maybe Meat Earth C has absolutely nothing to do with the main plot, which is a weird fucking choice, but still within the realm of believability.