New Pesterquest Routes confirmed!

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
Leddy
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life
Moon: Prospit

New Pesterquest Routes confirmed!

Post by Leddy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:23 pm

So as it turns out we're getting Tavros and Aradia next week! This is great I love these two. I am a little dissapointed at no Nepeta yet though I can't wait for Nepeta. Thought it'd be appropriate to post here because it hasn't been yet.

Also yes Aradia appears to be alive, we do not know how this is achieved yet.
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread

livingNingyo
Moon: Derse

Re: New Pesterquest Routes confirmed!

Post by livingNingyo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:33 pm

Considering last volume in Equius' Route reveals that MSPA Reader can time travel, it means it might have something to do with that. Considering Aradia's aspect too...

Though this also means if the same theme applies, that means MSPA Reader will still leave Tavros crippled.
For you are true and destined prince ♒
And my sword is by your side
I will fight for you in glory until I die

Leddy

Post by Leddy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:37 pm

livingNingyo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:33 pm
Considering last volume in Equius' Route reveals that MSPA Reader can time travel, it means it might have something to do with that. Considering Aradia's aspect too...

Though this also means if the same theme applies, that means MSPA Reader will still leave Tavros crippled.
I don't imagine that they would pull something like that. Goodness I certainly hope not, helping one without helping the other. I'd feel very iffy if they retconed such a major part of the troll backstory that'd be way too much change to predict how they'd end up back to where we are supposed to believe the time this is taking place. I'm trying to think that maybe Aradia is managing to hide the fact that they're a ghost to MSPAR somehow or something, I dunno. I feel like we'll see her as a ghost too in the route.

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan

livingNingyo

Post by livingNingyo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:40 pm

Leddy wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:37 pm
livingNingyo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:33 pm

I don't imagine that they would pull something like that. Goodness I certainly hope not, helping one without helping the other. I'd feel very iffy if they retconed such a major part of the troll backstory that'd be way too much change to predict how they'd end up back to where we are supposed to believe the time this is taking place. I'm trying to think that maybe Aradia is managing to hide the fact that they're a ghost to MSPAR somehow or something, I dunno. I feel like we'll see her as a ghost too in the route.
Since we did see Aradia briefly in Jade's bad ending, I hope there can be a small callback to it or god tier Aradia making her appearance after seeing MSPA Reader died before.

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:57 pm

they look really good
who's writing their routes?

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Cyber-Fan
Classpect: Sylph of Light

Post by Cyber-Fan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:05 pm

PilotBlackSmith wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:57 pm
they look really good
who's writing their routes?
James Roach is writing Aradia's route and David Turnbull is writing Tavros' route.

livingNingyo

Post by livingNingyo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:21 pm

Turnbull wrote Tegiri, Tirona, and Nihkee's routes. I love Tegiri so much! I hope to see that sweet charm for Tavros' route too! :ecstatic:

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:28 pm

Aradia and Tavros are two of my favorite trolls, and I hope they're treated with dignity in the story. I also think that maybe MSPAR (sometimes I pronounce it as Ms. Par) could have time traveled to the point in time after Tavros was handicapped but before Vriska retaliated against Aradia by killing her.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

livingNingyo

Post by livingNingyo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:32 pm

Could be. They could give us the amount of time it has taken for Tavros to get his wheelchair and ramps right before the conversation between Aradia and Terezi happened. Like was it a week or two before Aradia made her move. Though that would still raise a question how Vriska still got her robot arm when Reader first meet her.

Leddy

Post by Leddy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:15 pm

livingNingyo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:32 pm
Could be. They could give us the amount of time it has taken for Tavros to get his wheelchair and ramps right before the conversation between Aradia and Terezi happened. Like was it a week or two before Aradia made her move. Though that would still raise a question how Vriska still got her robot arm when Reader first meet her.
With the nature of MSPAR's powers and his lack of control over them, it's very possible that MSPAR is teleporting to them but at the same time he's also teleporting through time in the process without realizing it. So for instance he goes looking for Aradia and manages to teleport back in time on accident whilst doing it. Something of that nature already happened in Karkat's route.

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan

pfeffer-29
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Heir of Mind

Post by pfeffer-29 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:18 pm

It's Aradia time, boiiiiiiiis!

That's all I have to say on the matter.
you can pry karezi out of my cold dead hands

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:58 pm

Leddy wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:15 pm
livingNingyo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:32 pm
With the nature of MSPAR's powers and his lack of control over them, it's very possible that MSPAR is teleporting to them but at the same time he's also teleporting through time in the process without realizing it. So for instance he goes looking for Aradia and manages to teleport back in time on accident whilst doing it. Something of that nature already happened in Karkat's route.
I suspect he accidentally made 2 Johns in the very first pesterroute myself.

But yea that is a valid idea. It may even be because he can't detect her ghost too. That or this is a deliberate attempt by Vriska to change the past. Make it that they thought Aradia was dead but the entire time clever Vriska ensured she would live.
But it doesn't work, Aradia did die and the Reader effectively pulled another Aradia from the past. And we get acreepy reveal that we have been stalkd by ARadia since we came to Alternia and disrupted shit.

Drinosi
Classpect: Mage of Blood

Post by Drinosi » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:39 pm

I love the art for these. Can't wait to get to know these two a little better! I'm surprised to see Aradia still alive.

Ralsei
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: rogue of hope

Post by Ralsei » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:47 pm

livingNingyo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:21 pm
Turnbull wrote Tegiri, Tirona, and Nihkee's routes. I love Tegiri so much! I hope to see that sweet charm for Tavros' route too! :ecstatic:
Turnbull also did Jade's route!
check out my website vriskadidnothingwrong.com

Leddy

Post by Leddy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:50 pm

Ralsei wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:47 pm
livingNingyo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:21 pm
Turnbull also did Jade's route!
I must say, I think that Tavros' route is in good hands. I enjoyed all of those routes mentioned above in some way and they expressed the characters the routes centered around really well!

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan

Crpal

Post by Crpal » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:30 pm

So since Aradia is apparently alive, Tavros is probably going to be the main time for us to adress the fact that Vriska did in fact "do a lot of shit wrong." I hope and pray that gets adressed and its not just Tavros saying, "iTS oKAY vRISKA, i tOTALLY fORGIVE yOU fOR tRYING tO kILL mE aND lEAVING mE aS a cRIPPLE. tOTALLY tHE bEST oUTCOME fOR mY lIFE." or I swear I will pop a blood vessel. :detestful:

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:17 pm

Crpal wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:30 pm
So since Aradia is apparently alive, Tavros is probably going to be the main time for us to adress the fact that Vriska did in fact "do a lot of shit wrong." I hope and pray that gets adressed and its not just Tavros saying, "iTS oKAY vRISKA, i tOTALLY fORGIVE yOU fOR tRYING tO kILL mE aND lEAVING mE aS a cRIPPLE. tOTALLY tHE bEST oUTCOME fOR mY lIFE." or I swear I will pop a blood vessel. :detestful:
Agreed. Vriska's treatment of Tavros causes me a lot of visceral, emotional rejection of Vriska and a strong desire to get Tavros away from her and into a better situation. This is 100% personal for me and I sure as fuck hope that even if Tavros doesn't do anything against Vriska or admit that what she did was horrible and ruined his life in a lot of ways, we can give him some tender loving care because goddamnit this little angel boy didn't deserve any of that.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:35 pm

Crpal wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:30 pm
That is obviously going to be ARadia in the past. It may be that Aradia in the present cannot be interacted with by the reader. Cause ghost.

Crpal

Post by Crpal » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:40 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:35 pm

That is obviously going to be ARadia in the past. It may be that Aradia in the present cannot be interacted with by the reader. Cause ghost.
Or Reader goes back into the past after seeing Aradia is a ghost to stop her from dying. I mean look at the Equius route.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:03 pm

Crpal wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:40 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:35 pm

Or Reader goes back into the past after seeing Aradia is a ghost to stop her from dying. I mean look at the Equius route.
I don't think he can at all, unless someone gets him a phone.

It is implied that Aradia is completely invisible to everyone else. Maybe another burgundy could see her. But neither solux nor Nepeta could. So it stands to reason that the reader can't.

Quesiton is how he does it. Guessing either he messes up cause time powers or he is tricked by Vriska in creating some kinda alteration to the timeline. That probably fails i wager.