Speculation.

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Re: Speculation.

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:04 pm

rookie1978 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:22 pm
If dirk's session is the one that made the trolls and it all its in a troll->human->dirk->troll paradox i'm going to cry and murder Hussie with my own two hands.
dont fucking JINX IT

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:44 pm

the whole point of homestuck's ending was that it was the breaking of a cycle. I dont think any of the writers are short sighted enough to try to pull that kind of reacharound after all this time.
mod on the mspa wiki

furrylatula
Pronouns: he/him

Post by furrylatula » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:46 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:44 pm
I dont think any of the writers are short sighted enough to try to pull that kind of reacharound after all this time.
but.......dirk might be 🤔
did trans vriska real

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:54 pm

furrylatula wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:46 pm
don't fucking JINX IT
Spoiler
Show
in seriousness you're right.. im intrigued to see the consequences that could arise from a character playing author trying to write a major plot point that's inherently stupid. what are the metaphysical ramifications of that?
on the topic of Rose becoming a final big bad: as someone who loves Rose as a character I'd love to see it happen, but I don't think I'd like it under our current circumstances. Rose is Dirk's daughter, and it seems to me that he's manipulating her out of all people partially because Dave already went through it in another timeline and therefore isn't as susceptible to his machinations. ergo I see her as a victim in this situation and imo it would suck for the story to go oops Rose got manipulated into a bad plan by her dad and now everyone has to kill her.
mod on the mspa wiki

deadlyAdder
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Seer of Breath
Moon: Prospit

Post by deadlyAdder » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:05 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:54 pm
furrylatula wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:46 pm
don't fucking JINX IT
Spoiler
Show
in seriousness you're right.. im intrigued to see the consequences that could arise from a character playing author trying to write a major plot point that's inherently stupid. what are the metaphysical ramifications of that?
on the topic of Rose becoming a final big bad: as someone who loves Rose as a character I'd love to see it happen, but I don't think I'd like it under our current circumstances. Rose is Dirk's daughter, and it seems to me that he's manipulating her out of all people partially because Dave already went through it in another timeline and therefore isn't as susceptible to his machinations. ergo I see her as a victim in this situation and imo it would suck for the story to go oops Rose got manipulated into a bad plan by her dad and now everyone has to kill her.
Rosebot's arc is just going to be her becoming a reincarnation of Vriska

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:07 pm

More than likely we will get a reveal of who the hell created paradox space as we know it. Quesiton is who and what.

We might get more details of how much John actually changed the timeline.

The planet they are heading to might be where that 48 player session was supposed to come from, but the loop got broked by John's retcon powers and the black hole, so it will instead serve as a origin session for a new paradox space.

Squiddles will be involved and will be the new species. Possibly they will be some weird harlequin octopus mermaid things that have a Talking mouth, part of their humanoid body, and an eating mouth which is a terrifying squid beak in their tentacles. They will be constantly harassed by troll and human alike about how they poop.
I am basing the two mouth part on the fact that most horror terrors have a set up where they have at least two mouths. one where their apparent head is, and on the butt. its one of the few consistent parts of the physiology. The clown part is just to give them a ridiculous aesthetic that might coincide with the clown aesthetic of the purple blood cult. worship lord english though they do a part of them remembers the clown squids that brought them into existence.

Problem sleuths universe will be revealed as a command center for paradox space and they will end up fighting the nervous inspector godhead. Least likely but makes too much fucking sense.

Terezi will read Vriska's text and calls Vriska and they have a very emotional and conflicted moment. Dirk intercepts Terezi, possibly killing her to force her to god tier cause she'll die long before their work is done otherwise. Vriska makes a creepy and ominous threat to Dirk and starts working to escape the black hole.

The Meat team has yet to leave earth c for three years cause Jane freaked the fuck out over Dirk disappearing. Has Jade locked up cause she got paranoid and thought that everyone was conspiring against him, probably think they are holding Dirk hostage. All according to keikaku for Dirk.

Terezi attempts to replicate John with ectobiology but something is preventing anything from forming. Only more goo is formed. She might also revive Feferi and Nepeta as grubs. Maybe equiss.

June Egbert becomes a character during Terezi's experiments as she accidentally generates a baby girl who is neither Jane or Jade. However said baby is in reality, somehow, a reincarnation of John and holds Retcon powers, though powers completely dormant. June is raised as Terezi's daughter and is used by Dirk to further their plans.

Hiveswap and the visual novels will circle into Homestuck^2 story but in a later date. I have no idea how it would yet. Though the art style they have chosen for Homestuck^2 is very similar to Hiveswap's art style.

A being called Apophis will appear at some point.

Dave eventually has enough of Jane's shenanigans and single handedly, and with hesitation and sadness, Destroys the economy and ruin her businesses using the tactics he used to take over the old session's Boondollar economy. Jane is harassed by an army of poorly disguised Daves who chase her across the planet asking very personal and inappropriate questions and calling her President cookie tits. Fortunately Karkat and Kanaya organize the trolls to help with the crisis and keep humanity from descending into anarchy.
The humor of the incident hits a brick wall as Jane literally collapses and goes into a coma from the stress, and spends several months having horrific nightmares of her Candy counterpart. Also because of the prior theory of Calliope slowly killing her by opening up her ultimate self connection.

Animations will return to Homestuck^2 but they will only be used for major incidents. Like some epic battle. Might be a while of course especially as we are in the set up phase.

We will cycle between Dirk, Meat, and Candy via the updates. Alternatively We cycle between meat and candy in the updates unless a major incident happens that must be focused on for several months, with Dirk being mysterious.

The bonus story stuff for the patreon might be the Session Dirk creates. It will not be significant until much later in the story when they collide with the rest of the cast in a total clusterfuck event.

Harry, Vrisk Ml, and Tavros somehow end up in the Alpha timeline and play an important part in the proceedings.

Dirk has all the sprites hogtied and gagged behind the curtain in their spaceship. He needed to make sure they wouldn't interrupt what he was doing and he has plans for some of them. Especially needed jasprose subdued.

Alt calliope got Jade's undead younger body Cherub Preggo. Some sub-clause of their reproductive habits that forces the winner to lay the egg if their mate perishes from the battle or something. This is a really weird one and i don't know why I thought of it.

Peeps escape Calliope's black hole with increasing frequency and it really makes her freak out as everything is kinda being undone.

deadlyAdder
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Seer of Breath
Moon: Prospit

Post by deadlyAdder » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:38 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:07 pm
shortened
this reads like a 4chan leak

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:39 pm

Here's an IDE: we're having Candy Earth set up as part of H2 early on because it's going to act as the afterlife for new characters, i.e when one of the people from Dirk's new world/session/whathaveyou die they'll either pop up in Candy immediately or they'll pop up in the space around the black hole and immediately be sucked into Candy. That way Candy and the new world both have equal narrative importance beyond "one of them has Dirk's ex boyfriend in it".
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:12 pm

deadlyAdder wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:38 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:07 pm
shortened
this reads like a 4chan leak
That, is a very fair assessment. It was basically a free form flow of thought and speculation. Some nonsense some stuff i think can actually happen.

Feel the squiddles are a given. And the 48 player session really sounds like some kind of origin or prophesied session.

Jane having a conflict with her evil self in some way is a good way for her to develop. Her seeing herself at her worst, that she is capable of horrible things, and at a point where she has yet to do anything terrible. Nothing would disturb someone like seeing the evil they are capable of before they concocted the mental delusions and defenses to numb themselves to it. Especially if you expose her to herself at her best. Nanna may have darker strokes to her personality but she chose a simple life over a corporate one.

It might be inevitable too. If the ultimate self is inevitable then everyone who endures it has to face not only the memories of dying a lot, but the memories of doing horrible things. Rose I think is fortunate that she is inherently a good person. Meenah i think would probably fall to pieces if she had to start remembering things the Empress did. Like wake up in a frozen sweat and fever every night, maybe shrieking in terror. She is someone willing to kill to get what she wants, but the Empress was worse than that. Far worse.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:17 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:39 pm
Here's an IDE: we're having Candy Earth set up as part of H2 early on because it's going to act as the afterlife for new characters, i.e when one of the people from Dirk's new world/session/whathaveyou die they'll either pop up in Candy immediately or they'll pop up in the space around the black hole and immediately be sucked into Candy. That way Candy and the new world both have equal narrative importance beyond "one of them has Dirk's ex boyfriend in it".
candy has a lot of importance. Has a living john, every ghost that didn't get double dead, Vriska, and has many links back to canon.

There is also the apparent fact that its not a Doomed Timeline either. Its technically an Alpha timeline.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:40 pm

what's important to Homestuck canon is not the same as what's important to Homestuck^2. if they were going to just continue every arc from the Epilogues for the sake of continuing them I'd rather they call it the Epilogues^2.

and for what it's worth, I think anyone who expects the squiddles to be "a given" in H2 is going to be pretty disappointed. Andrew only doubled down on how not-real the horrorterror session is in his commentary for act 5 act 1:
Andrew Hussie wrote:A twelve-player session is a big session, by any standard. Since I just make this shit up, I get to say what's true or not, but it does seem unlikely that they would get much bigger than that. (Sorry, the forty-eight-player Squiddle session was some bullshit joke and was never real.) It just doesn't seem logistically viable for many more players to play this game than that.
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:06 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:40 pm
what's important to Homestuck canon is not the same as what's important to Homestuck^2. if they were going to just continue every arc from the Epilogues for the sake of continuing them I'd rather they call it the Epilogues^2.

and for what it's worth, I think anyone who expects the squiddles to be "a given" in H2 is going to be pretty disappointed. Andrew only doubled down on how not-real the horrorterror session is in his commentary for act 5 act 1:
Andrew Hussie wrote:A twelve-player session is a big session, by any standard. Since I just make this shit up, I get to say what's true or not, but it does seem unlikely that they would get much bigger than that. (Sorry, the forty-eight-player Squiddle session was some bullshit joke and was never real.) It just doesn't seem logistically viable for many more players to play this game than that.
Then he harps on it for several more pages. "Nope definitely not true, nope nope nope nope nope."

Which in hussie probably means "There is an actual 48 player session but it isn't quite what people think."

does the same with gamzee.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:12 pm

he actually doesn't do that, but i can appreciate your dedication to the concept.
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:23 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:12 pm
he actually doesn't do that, but i can appreciate your dedication to the concept.
"Gamzee was always pure evil all along and has no redeeming human like qualities and is the only character outside of the literally incapable of good Cherub who is like that."

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:38 pm

that's... not exactly a quote, nor is it what I'm talking about. Andrew doesn't leave cryptic or misleading statements about the squiddle session for "pages and pages". he just makes passing references to it not being real at sparse intervals. I think that's beyond the point of a red herring and into "flat out lying" if he seriously included the squiddles in his H2 outline at length.
mod on the mspa wiki