11/23/19 upd8 thread

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
ArchmageIsACat
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Maid of Doom
Moon: Derse

Re: 11/23/19 upd8 thread

Post by ArchmageIsACat » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:43 pm

yes I wanna see more vriska ML!
also I wanna see some more vriska in general desu

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:50 pm

Wing wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:39 pm
Jane doesn't look super different either. I think it's also in part due to the minimalist cartoony style and the fact that it's not like Dirk's grown a mustache or something. But there are definitely other arguable ways to show aging.
I think they all stopped aging in their twenties? You fully finish growing in your twenties and aging from then on is wear and tear.

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:02 pm

I mean, the last one did update again a little while after the suggestion box, so it's entirely possible there may be more on its way today. I'm a bit skeptical though.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them

Post by VASKA » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:03 pm

Yeah in my heart of hearts I'm hoping for another update but my brain isn't being too optimistic.
Only cuties survive the near future

Wing
Classpect: Sylph of Life
Moon: Prospit

Post by Wing » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:07 pm

It's also very possible that as Homestuck^2 continues we will get larger updates. Or updates may change size depending on what batch of panels best works together as a whole update.

Although I understand that it's disappointing.

Personally I'm okay with it because there's so much Homestuck content right now I'd get overwhelmed and I like having time to process stuff. But I can also see why people who donated more to the Patreon would be upset.
Rorb Lalorb :rorb: :rorb: :rorb:

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:09 pm

I am quite surprised to see Candy so soon. Was certain that either more Team dirk or back on normal Earth C. Either way i am wondering who is narrating this circumstance now. Is it somehow dirk? Is it now Calliope?

I think there is a bit of inconsistency. Cause didn't she send divorce papers? Or maybe that implies something else was involved? Shrugs?

Also it seems like human Tavros has joined the rebellion. But of course she thinks he was kidnapped.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:10 pm

Wing wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:07 pm
It's also very possible that as Homestuck^2 continues we will get larger updates. Or updates may change size depending on what batch of panels best works together as a whole update.

Although I understand that it's disappointing.

Personally I'm okay with it because there's so much Homestuck content right now I'd get overwhelmed and I like having time to process stuff. But I can also see why people who donated more to the Patreon would be upset.
It was only a bit shorter than the prior update. They may be doing a chapter type deal.

Wing

Post by Wing » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:21 pm

If the chapter marker at the beginning is anything to go by it could be very possible.

VASKA

Post by VASKA » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:24 pm

Honestly I'm hoping they get back to Dirk and the new session soon. It has me in a state of real anticipation, and not the "I'm so pumped for what comes next!" kind of anticipation but more of a... "Look, I want to know this thing, I know you have to tell me this thing, just tell me already" kind of anticipation. The month long wait for an update is enough time to let it fester, you don't need to divert the story without first satisfying the pressing issues an installment presents.

dualfallen
Classpect: Witch of Rage

Post by dualfallen » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:34 pm

I just really want to hit the two updates a month milestone because this was just embarrassing for an entire month's worth. Patron growth is extremely slow now though and even if/when it hits 2k we'd have to wait two months before they actually do updates twice a month.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:36 pm

Also another thing to note. His shades turn to the same color as Ultimate Dirk's glasses for a second. Does that imply this Dirk manifested because Ultimate dirk is linking into him Assuming Direct Control style?

Cause if that is true then the implications are that Dirk is able to manifest in any incarnation of Dirk that has existed Assuming Direct Control style. Meaning, this motherfucker could do whatever he wants so long as a Dirk is nearby.

But the question would also be what does Dirk want from Candy? Or fuck, from WHEN is Dirk doing this?

It would make total sense for Dirk to multitask across time and space. Its his greatest talent.

Wing

Post by Wing » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:41 pm

I think something to keep in mind about the update speed is the fact that there is way more going on behind the scenes and they are not making each update each month. Also that the money is supporting the creators and not directly going to just the updates being made. Aaand also that these people have other jobs they are doing and this isn't their sole occupation, so they don't have unlimited time.

ArchmageIsACat
Classpect: Maid of Doom

Post by ArchmageIsACat » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:48 pm

Spoiler
Show
thorondraco wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:36 pm
Also another thing to note. His shades turn to the same color as Ultimate Dirk's glasses for a second. Does that imply this Dirk manifested because Ultimate dirk is linking into him Assuming Direct Control style?

Cause if that is true then the implications are that Dirk is able to manifest in any incarnation of Dirk that has existed Assuming Direct Control style. Meaning, this motherfucker could do whatever he wants so long as a Dirk is nearby.

But the question would also be what does Dirk want from Candy? Or fuck, from WHEN is Dirk doing this?

It would make total sense for Dirk to multitask across time and space. Its his greatest talent.
I actually speculated abt this a bit earlier, I think dirk wants jake specifically for his hope powers to fight altcallie

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:02 pm

ArchmageIsACat wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:48 pm
Spoiler
Show
thorondraco wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:36 pm

I actually speculated abt this a bit earlier, I think dirk wants jake specifically for his hope powers to fight altcallie
Or do something that can fuck with Alt callie. Essentially speaking they are inside of Callie's body right now. So if you could somehow navigate her strange body? One way or another, he could be up to something.

It is gonna be rather weird to have Evil Jane being Evil, and President Jane who probably has to deal with bad public opinion. And without the evil clown, she won't go down nearly as dark a path.

i honestly think President Jane would be utterly horrified by what Evil Jane is doing. Disgusted of what she is actually capable of doing to people.

VASKA

Post by VASKA » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:08 pm

I mean personally I'm of the opinion that Jane is right. I understand the story won't present Jane as rational or making the best decisions because of the similarity to real-world oppression, but frankly? Yeah, trolls are literally superhuman murder machines, in some cases borderline immortal, and all jacked up on psychic energy. They're a bad metaphor for actual victimized peoples and if I was in Homestuck world I would've voted for Jane.

Hopefully we don't see Meat Jane portrayed as a drastically better person than Candy Jane, though, on the count of "not being directly fascist".

dualfallen
Classpect: Witch of Rage

Post by dualfallen » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:14 pm

VASKA wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:08 pm
I mean personally I'm of the opinion that Jane is right. I understand the story won't present Jane as rational or making the best decisions because of the similarity to real-world oppression, but frankly? Yeah, trolls are literally superhuman murder machines, in some cases borderline immortal, and all jacked up on psychic energy. They're a bad metaphor for actual victimized peoples and if I was in Homestuck world I would've voted for Jane.

Hopefully we don't see Meat Jane portrayed as a drastically better person than Candy Jane, though, on the count of "not being directly fascist".
I mean yeah Jane was looking out for everyone's self interests and the trolls would have absolutely overrun the humans at some point otherwise. The people who made the universe would end up losing control of it to the species that they revived out of kindness.

Of course now that Jane's been compared to Hitler in the comic there's no way they would possibly allow her to seem anything but unbelievably pure evil which is totally unfair.

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:19 pm

Honestly wish Dirk, even a ghostly imagining of Dirk, would stop fucking with Jake.

From the look of things, it doesn't seem like Ultimate Dirk. Certainly, it's not a Dirk with good intentions, but, then, very few of those exist. To me, it seems like another version of Dirk who has risen up to kick Jake around so Jake could kick the ass of the Dirk that was sucking relevance out of all the other Dirks- Ultimate Dirk.

Or, maybe not even directly kick Ultimate Dirk's ass, but rather fulfil the obligation Jake had to Caliborn. Jake kills Lord English (who should be arriving in Candy soon), and perhaps that will mess with Ultimatr Dirk's plan?

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage

Post by rookie1978 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:21 pm

If dave doesn't look like Dirk's bro strider i'm gonna be fucking pissed.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:23 pm

VASKA wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:08 pm

Alternia trolls were murder machines. Because they were all mentally unstable and forced to be murder machines. These are Earth C trolls who got raised on a lot more peaceful world. They probably have aggression for sure but not the murdery kind. Just need to have places to direct that aggression. Like full contact roleplaying games and shit. Just remove the actual weapons and replace them with faker ones. The property damage might be pretty bad though.

I am suddenly imagining a giant airship made of cardboard piloted by a very ambitious Burgundy girl kinda wrecking a city black with pschokinentically projected basket balls as her purple blood opponent hits them back with a torn out stop sign. Then hwomever counts as their guardian tells them to come in for Dinner and they both head off after parking the airship and put the sign back in its place.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:27 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:23 pm
I am suddenly imagining a giant airship made of cardboard piloted by a very ambitious Burgundy girl kinda wrecking a city black with pschokinentically projected basket balls as her purple blood opponent hits them back with a torn out stop sign. Then hwomever counts as their guardian tells them to come in for Dinner and they both head off after parking the airship and put the sign back in its place.
Where the hell is that fanventure, I want in on that, holy shit, that sounds like so much more fun than Dirk's Eternal Pity Party, please tell me where I can purchase this alternative spinoff of Homestuck in print form.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance