Eridan Pesterquest Writer

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
Leddy
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life
Moon: Prospit

Eridan Pesterquest Writer

Post by Leddy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Griever (Author of Jojostuck) is writing Eridan's Pesterquest Route!

I thought I should share this nugget of information with the forums in case you didn't see it. I don't know much about them (Nor Jojostuck tbf) but it's always nice to learn who's writing who.
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread

Cheshire_Creeper

Re: Eridan Pesterquest Writer

Post by Cheshire_Creeper » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:00 pm

Leddy wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:58 pm
Griever (Author of Jojostuck) is writing Eridan's Pesterquest Route!

I thought I should share this nugget of information with the forums in case you didn't see it. I don't know much about them (Nor Jojostuck tbf) but it's always nice to learn who's writing who.
Really? Thought they were doing Dirk’s Route. Ah well, Dirk is essentially Human Eridan, so
I have an ill-advised plan...what else is new?
https://mspfa.com/user/?u=108518406857173018839

Darth_Energon

Post by Darth_Energon » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:02 pm

I don't like Jojostuck, and Eridan is my favorite troll so I'm kinda disappointed

Leddy

Post by Leddy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:04 pm

I've no clue of the quality of Jojostuck, but I hope the route is good. It'll take a very deft hand for me to enjoy an Eridan route.

Maybe you should be optimistic, they might write the Eridan in Pesterquest in a way you like Darth, I never liked him so I hope they just don't make it unbearable desu.

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan

livingNingyo
Moon: Derse

Post by livingNingyo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:05 pm

What sort of writing he did to make Aysha an 'unironic' Eridan stan?

That puzzles me the most.
For you are true and destined prince ♒
And my sword is by your side
I will fight for you in glory until I die

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:06 pm

livingNingyo wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:05 pm

I choose to believe he managed to write the best redemption arc of all fiction, that will make all redemption arc haters and fans alike cream their pants.
In reality he probably just woobiefied him or something. I don't know this writer.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage

Post by rookie1978 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:26 pm

Oh god, please, please be good. This is his ONLY CHANCE.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:15 pm

So Eridan is the next boi or the one after.

Eridan i think they can use to give us a perspective of how fucked up mentally the Violet bloods are. Its like Tyzias says, everyone is fucked by alternia's system. Whether by oppression or expectations for cruelty. Fight over each other to survive and remain on top.

Wonder who is next girl. Likely Nepeta. I imagine that Aradia or Feferi will be the last.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:15 pm

I hold tentative hope that Eridan will not be a total shitshow and that he will be given the genuine pathos he deserves for his loneliness and taken down a peg for his entitlement (but gently), and not demonized as an outright incel.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

livingNingyo

Post by livingNingyo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:28 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Eridan i think they can use to give us a perspective of how fucked up mentally the Violet bloods are. Its like Tyzias says, everyone is fucked by alternia's system. Whether by oppression or expectations for cruelty. Fight over each other to survive and remain on top.

Wonder who is next girl. Likely Nepeta. I imagine that Aradia or Feferi will be the last.
Maybe play up on the idea that sea dwellers or highbloods have to be loved or adored by many people. Considering how Alternia controls media like movies, anime, and books, it would not be surprising if they always paint violetbloods as like the hero or someone to worship.

Another way to work is that lowbloods only see highbloods as an escape from their poor lives. Lowbloods dating highbloods for the money and luxuries. While Eridan knows that dating peasants or commoners is beneath him, he would want someone who genuine loves him, flaws and whatnot. Not someone who uses him once and tosses him away once they got what they wanted. It may tie in how he had thought maybe helping Vriska and Feferi for their lusii, would get one or both girls to like him pass that.
For you are true and destined prince ♒
And my sword is by your side
I will fight for you in glory until I die

ThePungeonMaster
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:58 pm

egg wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:06 pm
livingNingyo wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:05 pm

I choose to believe he managed to write the best redemption arc of all fiction, that will make all redemption arc haters and fans alike cream their pants.
In reality he probably just woobiefied him or something. I don't know this writer.
While it's more likely they just cranked the sympathy knob up to 11 like they did with Vriska's route, I'm going to reserve judgement until it actually comes out. I think it's promising to see the writing team bring on some passionate people from the fandom who aren't necessarily in Aysha's inner ring of cronies.
June X Vriska is the best ship.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:10 pm

livingNingyo wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:28 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Maybe play up on the idea that sea dwellers or highbloods have to be loved or adored by many people. Considering how Alternia controls media like movies, anime, and books, it would not be surprising if they always paint violetbloods as like the hero or someone to worship.

Another way to work is that lowbloods only see highbloods as an escape from their poor lives. Lowbloods dating highbloods for the money and luxuries. While Eridan knows that dating peasants or commoners is beneath him, he would want someone who genuine loves him, flaws and whatnot. Not someone who uses him once and tosses him away once they got what they wanted. It may tie in how he had thought maybe helping Vriska and Feferi for their lusii, would get one or both girls to like him pass that.
In the friendsims we see a couple with a burgundie and a purple blood. I think that when its a quadrant type deal they are more accepting of it. And being in a quadrant with a higher bloodtype has its protections. Don't fuck with quadrants basically.

Eridan clearly felt isolated, almost as much as Vriska was actually ostracized, but he was also a creeper and felt entitled. He probably also felt pressured to prove himself amongst the other violetbloods. Backstabbing to keep the 'uppercrust' in the thrall to the Empress. The only person to have ever truly benefited from the system is just the Empress herself, and non other.

Flame_Warp

Post by Flame_Warp » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:40 am

1: Oh thank GOD it's not V.

2: Oh GOD, V's going to be writing a character with somewhat decent foundation.

Cyber-Fan
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Sylph of Light

Post by Cyber-Fan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:44 am

ThePungeonMaster wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:58 pm
While it's more likely they just cranked the sympathy knob up to 11 like they did with Vriska's route, I'm going to reserve judgement until it actually comes out. I think it's promising to see the writing team bring on some passionate people from the fandom who aren't necessarily in Aysha's inner ring of cronies.
Griever got the job because he's friends with Kate. He's certainly passionate and has prior writing experience, but if not for that first bit he wouldn't be working on pesterquest right now.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:36 am

Cyber-Fan wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:44 am
ThePungeonMaster wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:58 pm
Griever got the job because he's friends with Kate. He's certainly passionate and has prior writing experience, but if not for that first bit he wouldn't be working on pesterquest right now.
Think Aysha has admitted that she feels uncomfortable with having so many people working on Homestuck stuff are close friends' of hers.

classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light

Post by classpectanon » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:52 am

Remember that speculation regarding WP employees is distinctly not allowed, as is beefing with them.
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

Leddy

Post by Leddy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:32 am

Yeah I agree, I was pointing this out not so we could speculate on them and WP employees, just so we could know who was writing Eridan. I'd like to see how they perform with it and give them a chance!

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan

aspiringWatcher
Pronouns: he/they
Classpect: Allegedly Scribe of Life

Post by aspiringWatcher » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:14 pm

Frankly Griever's Eridan is probably the best Eridan we can get unless flanderization is what you want.
The world is vast and full and wonders, no matter what they tell you.

Leddy

Post by Leddy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:30 pm

aspiringWatcher wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:14 pm
Frankly Griever's Eridan is probably the best Eridan we can get unless flanderization is what you want.
I'm seeing things like this occasionally and stuff quite like it. So it's getting me excited.

I hope that Eridan's route is good. He's by far my least favorite character and troll pre-epilouges, but also one who got cut a kind of raw deal and was way too one dimensional, shed some light on how he acts and make me feel some sympathy.

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan

Dream Muttman

Post by Dream Muttman » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:35 pm

Jojostuck's Eridan is a major character and a lot of fun, but a lot of that is derived from the fact that he's interacting with Jojostuck's adaptation of Jojo's plot. I don't know how a frankly plotless game like pesterquest will give him enough to work with.
Witness my golem:
:candy: :meat: :candy:
:candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn:

Has it grown since you last saw it?