does the hs2 team ever read these forums?

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them
Moon: Derse

does the hs2 team ever read these forums?

Post by VASKA » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:20 pm

are they even aware these forums exist? it would be nice if there was some official recognition of this since it could give new readers an old school homestuck vibe and open up a new angle for fandom watching.
Only cuties survive the near future

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Re: does the hs2 team ever read these forums?

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:22 pm

Yeah, I think that at the very least one of them is aware of its existence.
:rosecool:

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage
Moon: Prospit

Post by rookie1978 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:27 pm

Its a big maybe. These are still pretty new. Can't say for sure, but I genuinely hope they're either here or come here. Might open up routes for genuine communication or at the very least they'll see what we have to say.

Crpal
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Crpal » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:39 pm

I know I saw Aysha tweet about it at some point.

here it is, she retweeted one of classpectanon's tweets:

https://twitter.com/classpectanon/statu ... 3015586816

ThePungeonMaster
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:43 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if they lurked in HS dedicated forums like reddit, tumblr, and now these forums, but they likely still use twitter most of the time. I hope they end up using these forums more, as twitter is practically optimized to be bad for legitimate discussion and criticism.
June X Vriska is the best ship.

Cyber-Fan
Classpect: Sylph of Light

Post by Cyber-Fan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:58 pm

ThePungeonMaster wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:43 pm
It wouldn't surprise me if they lurked in HS dedicated forums like reddit, tumblr, and now these forums, but they likely still use twitter most of the time. I hope they end up using these forums more, as twitter is practically optimized to be bad for legitimate discussion and criticism.
Kate has posted/commented on the subreddit a few times, and even reposted something from there to her twitter once.

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:59 pm

I sure hope not. It seems more than a few people here, myself included, have a lot of criticisms to say about the HS^2 writing team.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

rookie1978

Post by rookie1978 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:29 pm

egg wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:59 pm
I sure hope not. It seems more than a few people here, myself included, have a lot of criticisms to say about the HS^2 writing team.
Wouldn't the fact that we have so much criticism be a good reason for them to visit? Maybe they'll actually listen. Or at least.. acknowledge.

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:33 pm

rookie1978 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:29 pm
egg wrote:
Wouldn't the fact that we have so much criticism be a good reason for them to visit? Maybe they'll actually listen. Or at least.. acknowledge.
I mean, you've got a point, but I also have decent reasons to believe they may not want to listen.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

rookie1978

Post by rookie1978 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:37 pm

egg wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:33 pm
rookie1978 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:29 pm
egg wrote:
I mean, you've got a point, but I also have decent reasons to believe they may not want to listen.
maybe if they see how much genuine criticism and the amount of people believing it they'll have a change of heart

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:19 pm

If a writer is unwilling to listen to good faith criticism and honest grievances from non-trolls and non-shitstirrers then I don't think they'd be a professional writer. I doubt anyone working with ViZ Media through the Homestuck franchise can afford to be like that.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

hailvera
Pronouns: She/her
Classpect: Seer of Life

Post by hailvera » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:42 am

I think there's a decent chance that at least one member of the writing staff browses this forum in their leisure, but I wouldn't say that it's near the top of their priority list to see what we're all posting about.

Sahxyel

Post by Sahxyel » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:16 am

I really just hope they see the shining jewel that is our "Is Caliborn into vore" thread. It is, quite simply, the single best and worst thread on the entire site. Roxy, I give you mad props for being the pioneer in a brave new subject no one thought to think before.
:professor: Honeybee Professor Says: Problem Sleuth is better than Homestuck!

It's a mathematical fact!

ANCIENT_HOLIDAY

Post by ANCIENT_HOLIDAY » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:32 am

-
Last edited by ANCIENT_HOLIDAY on Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do the evolution

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time

Post by RoyalFiddle » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:52 am

ANCIENT_HOLIDAY wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:32 am
On the other hand, all things considered, this is a relatively small-scale forum. Wouldn't really be up there on priorities.
I feel like that's very quickly not becoming the case, 454 users isn't exactly anything to scoff at
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

Tarty_

Post by Tarty_ » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:25 am

Probably, already eyes from a few people tangentially associated with the project on it. If they are reading I do legitimately hope they listen and take things to heart.

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Classpect: Heir of Void

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:55 am

I hope so
Twitter is a fucking echochamber where you can just delete off your page everyone you don't like
having a place like this where you can see what everyone thinks is important
also this:
calamityCons wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:19 pm
If a writer is unwilling to listen to good faith criticism and honest grievances from non-trolls and non-shitstirrers then I don't think they'd be a professional writer. I doubt anyone working with ViZ Media through the Homestuck franchise can afford to be like that.
to improve at anything, you need to understand your mistakes and take advice on how to become better. Sure, a lot of time the advice might be really mean, or even just flat out wrong but if I could choose between getting praised for drawing with literal shit or having someone at my side to scream "WHY", I'd choose the latter.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:10 pm

PilotBlackSmith wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:55 am
I hope so
Twitter is a fucking echochamber where you can just delete off your page everyone you don't like
having a place like this where you can see what everyone thinks is important
also this:
calamityCons wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:19 pm
to improve at anything, you need to understand your mistakes and take advice on how to become better. Sure, a lot of time the advice might be really mean, or even just flat out wrong but if I could choose between getting praised for drawing with literal shit or having someone at my side to scream "WHY", I'd choose the latter.
Can be hard to find good faith criticism honestly. Its defintiely there but often times you have to dig through a lot of hate or vague angry comments at best. Which can be exhausting.

On the reddits there is a realtively highly upvoted post that is basically 'how to make homestuck more marketable' but a lot of people in it are simply saying hoemstuck is dead. Blaming hiveswap for the changes to homestuck etc etc.
It is surprising, Hussie's commitment to it after all that drama, but maybe its involved with his current projects, especially with Friendsims going into Pesterquest.

When it comes to fandoms i like to see it like an island forming in a sea. A fiery spectacle as it comes into being, grows, and is known, but it cools down in time so it can be habitable and less hostile. Occasionally it starts up again to grow larger.

Sahxyel

Post by Sahxyel » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:40 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:10 pm
Blaming hiveswap for the changes to homestuck etc etc.
Who the heck blames Hiveswap itself? I've heard the argument that the Kickstarter which eventually became Hiveswap was the harpoon to the flying whale's chest, causing a glorious fall from the tumultuous skies that the fandom peaked at to the tumultuous churning seas below, its corpse fed to an insatiable monster that grumbles and demands more.

Like, Hiveswap itself has no real content to trash upon Homestuck itself and you can very well enjoy it as a separate experience flavored LIKE Homestuck but I don't think it's the game but the meta surrounding the troubled creation process for it that burned fans are cantankerous over. I for one actually like Hiveswap (I certainly wouldn't be modding the board for it and the Friendsims if I hated them) but I can sympathize with the impression that the Kickstarter distracted from finishing the story before the horse trotted, exhausted and beaten within an inch of its life, past the finish line and with it the story fidelity was lost or felt particularly rushed for the effort after very long periods of wait for serial readers.
:professor: Honeybee Professor Says: Problem Sleuth is better than Homestuck!

It's a mathematical fact!

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:21 am

Sahxyel wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:40 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:10 pm
Blaming hiveswap for the changes to homestuck etc etc.
Who the heck blames Hiveswap itself? I've heard the argument that the Kickstarter which eventually became Hiveswap was the harpoon to the flying whale's chest, causing a glorious fall from the tumultuous skies that the fandom peaked at to the tumultuous churning seas below, its corpse fed to an insatiable monster that grumbles and demands more.

Like, Hiveswap itself has no real content to trash upon Homestuck itself and you can very well enjoy it as a separate experience flavored LIKE Homestuck but I don't think it's the game but the meta surrounding the troubled creation process for it that burned fans are cantankerous over. I for one actually like Hiveswap (I certainly wouldn't be modding the board for it and the Friendsims if I hated them) but I can sympathize with the impression that the Kickstarter distracted from finishing the story before the horse trotted, exhausted and beaten within an inch of its life, past the finish line and with it the story fidelity was lost or felt particularly rushed for the effort after very long periods of wait for serial readers.
Yea. Though it seems like things have stabilized somewhat since that time. Hussie took a three year or so break from homestuck. Now they are working on Hiveswap, side games for Hiveswap, and Homestuck^2.

I do feel like Hiveswap is important to what Hussie is planning though. Which might be why he is hellbent on it getting done. Course i can't fathom how, its just if its following the rules of Homestucks whole three pillars thing, someone has to be showing it to us in universe. And the stuff in friendsims implies, someone with narrative powers.

Think part of the issue is Hiveswap originally was supposed to be nothing more than a side project, but got revised several times. I think it even got revised a bit based on the friendsims. Its probably why they want to complete all the assets first then get them programmers to put the pieces together. In case there is more revision.