So, who's going to be playing SBURB in HS^2

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

Re: So, who's going to be playing SBURB in HS^2

Post by thorondraco » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:54 am

JakeMorph wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:42 am
yes, technically you cannot be homosexual without a second sex. that's exactly my point and it's a really blatant oversight on aranea's part whether you want to blame it on hussie's vocabulary or whatever.

combining this with aranea's bogus statements about cherub sex which again, are dismissed by the epilogues, i think it's clear aranea is making inaccurate judgements based on her troll-centric worldview where sex has absolutely zero basis in reproduction.
But there isn't a term for a species without a second sex is what i am saying. Its less of an oversight and more that Hussie couldn't find actual words cause they don't exist. You can't blame Aranea or Hussie here. Its the issue of working with such an abstract story. You come up with bat shit ideas for things that either don't yet exist, or can't exist.

The cherubs do have this weird dimorphism going on though. She used akin terminology but at the same time, they do come in a more lithe feminine form and a more muscular masculine form. It might not be sexual dimorphism though but it is there. It even flips if the evil cherub wins the fight and makes the good one give birth. Whatever its function, it exists. It might even be a vestigial remnant of them originally having sexual dimorphism. But more eroded cause they reproduce more directly and not from insect cloning machines.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:50 am

the words do exist. I said one. hermaphroditic. you said one. monogendered. monosex, monosexual. whatever you wanna call it, "homosexual" isn't the closest existing term, it's just flat out wrong.

you're proving my point by pointing out that the cherub resemblance to human sexual dimorphism is entirely superficial. aranea is using inaccurate terminology because the cherubs SEEM like something she's familiar with when they clearly aren't.
mod on the mspa wiki

Crpal
Pronouns: He/Him
Moon: Prospit

Post by Crpal » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:57 am

JakeMorph wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:50 am
the words do exist. I said one. hermaphroditic. you said one. monogendered. monosex, monosexual. whatever you wanna call it, "homosexual" isn't the closest existing term, it's just flat out wrong.

you're proving my point by pointing out that the cherub resemblance to human sexual dimorphism is entirely superficial. aranea is using inaccurate terminology because the cherubs SEEM like something she's familiar with when they clearly aren't.
Ugh, just let Aranea get away with being a dumb spider child. Why should we care that much about the specific terminology used to describe species when we get the point: Cherubs and Leprechauns are wildly different to humans and trolls in terms of reproductive/cultural standards. They are beings that are so much more powerful and different that Aranea can't really understand them/ That was the point of the explanation. Besides, that's the least egregious thing she's done in Homestuck. coughs in S Game Over

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage
Moon: Prospit

Post by rookie1978 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:40 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:50 am
she's literally an alien being that has no firsthand experiences with human society or culture, especially not recent culture, and was never a part of it in the first place

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:50 pm

it's almost like that's exactly what I'm saying.. that aranea's word shouldn't be taken as gospel because she's only one person from one imperfect society who doesn't have the personal experience to explain everyone else's experiences objectively........
mod on the mspa wiki