So, who's going to be playing SBURB in HS^2

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
Darth_Energon

Re: So, who's going to be playing SBURB in HS^2

Post by Darth_Energon » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:26 pm

VASKA wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:24 pm
I do think we'll be getting new aliens, it wouldn't make much sense to have at least part of the story occur on an alien planet without a new alien species involved. I do, however, highly doubt there will be cherubs on it. Cherubs were described by Aranea as "a species that was never meant to play the game", and this planet is seeded with Sburb technology. My bet? It's going to be furries, specifically furry with a 6 letter first name and an 8 letter last name. Why am I confident about the naming scheme? Akwete Purrmusk. Dave's fursona is a real person, and this is a very important message for Homestuck: we must all have faith in the immanent actuality of our fursonas.

As an aside, though, there is one thing I'd like to say about Cherubs on the new planet: Calamity is protecting it. Or, at least, I hope she is. It's be very interesting to have Calamity and Calliope meet, and it may be what sets Calamity off on the time-spanning, universe-exploring, troll-shooting journey she has in the Forbidden Files.
:jadesob: :jadesob: :jadesob: :jadesob: :jadesob: :jadesob: :jadesob:

aeonic maiden

Post by aeonic maiden » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:00 am

most likely a new species fo aliens its probably not going to be cherubs trolls or humans due to the fact I believe that dirk mentioned that the species that inhabit the planet naturally evolved their players and dirk said that the reason he took rose was so she could doc scratch it for a few millennium until the session starts so its probably gonna be a new species but one that has been tampered by dirk to fit his desires most likely by making it more humanoid

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:39 am

VASKA wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:24 pm
I do think we'll be getting new aliens, it wouldn't make much sense to have at least part of the story occur on an alien planet without a new alien species involved. I do, however, highly doubt there will be cherubs on it. Cherubs were described by Aranea as "a species that was never meant to play the game", and this planet is seeded with Sburb technology. My bet? It's going to be furries, specifically furry with a 6 letter first name and an 8 letter last name. Why am I confident about the naming scheme? Akwete Purrmusk. Dave's fursona is a real person, and this is a very important message for Homestuck: we must all have faith in the immanent actuality of our fursonas.

As an aside, though, there is one thing I'd like to say about Cherubs on the new planet: Calamity is protecting it. Or, at least, I hope she is. It's be very interesting to have Calamity and Calliope meet, and it may be what sets Calamity off on the time-spanning, universe-exploring, troll-shooting journey she has in the Forbidden Files.
Here is a crazy possibility. What if its 4 species that are in some way parallels to the 4 weird species on Problem sleuth? Elf, Pig, Clown and Weasel. Parallels but not exactly the same as them cause, well, they are like a species species and not the prototype to the consorts.

Hussie's joke about a 48 player session i feel is not truly a joke. So what if it turns out the 48 person session is supposed to be part of a loop and this planet is where that loop happened?

But the loop was Broken by John's shenanigans and now the planet serves a different function. The 48 player session will happen still. And 48 can be evenly divided into 4 groups of 12.

That or there could be 4 sessions in total that happen simultaneously but converge onto each other cause of some shenanigans.

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them
Moon: Derse

Post by VASKA » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:20 am

thinking more on it, id actually really like the new plamet to capitalize on an old joke. the next game is played by butlers. Theyve found butler island.
Only cuties survive the near future

Cheshire_Creeper

Post by Cheshire_Creeper » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:54 am

Honestly, Clown/Elf/Pig/Weasel Dynamics seem like the best way to go, or a Squiddles Session staring Skipper Plumthroat.
But who knows. Maybe they'll all be trees or based on a animal, vegetable, or mineral combined into one horrific mess that we'll learn to love.
Just hopefully there will be new species. I don't want to see more trolls, give us some new characters to kill and ship with, darnit!
I have an ill-advised plan...what else is new?
https://mspfa.com/user/?u=108518406857173018839

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:53 am

Cheshire_Creeper wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:54 am
Honestly, Clown/Elf/Pig/Weasel Dynamics seem like the best way to go, or a Squiddles Session staring Skipper Plumthroat.
But who knows. Maybe they'll all be trees or based on a animal, vegetable, or mineral combined into one horrific mess that we'll learn to love.
Just hopefully there will be new species. I don't want to see more trolls, give us some new characters to kill and ship with, darnit!
It would be interesting if it was some kind of parallel to those four creatures. Perhaps not direct parallels, simply equivalents with more alien esque elements. It would also give a very intersting parallel to PRoblem Sleuth.

Also i wonder if the Squiddles could technically be the Clown equivalents. Its a major stretch but if the squiddles are related to the Cherub homeworld somehow? The homeworld itself is very much covered in water more than land from the looks of it. And the legendary weapons are all clowny themed, except for the Katana which implies they had an edgelord of some kind. Or at least an outcast. There is also the colors that squids and octopi can produce.

At this point we have been name dropped 2 Squiddles. Podlight and Inkabelle, clearly a light and void players. It is almost certain the void player had the katana. Maybe they are even why it is normally unbreakable. They Voided its vulnerabilities.

furrylatula
Pronouns: he/him

Post by furrylatula » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:11 am

thorondraco wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:30 pm
If i remember correctly Cherubs don't play sburb normally. Aranea, who knows an alarmingly suspicious amount of lore, says as much.
aranea knows general lore that doesn’t extend to every possible use case. see: ‘human reproduction is exclusively heterosexual’ and trying to force a retjune too soon
did trans vriska real

Space
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Space » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:08 pm

I figure its gonna be Obama's session

no way they drop that lore in the epilogue and then do nothing with it

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them

Post by VASKA » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:18 pm

Space wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:08 pm
I figure its gonna be Obama's session

no way they drop that lore in the epilogue and then do nothing with it
I think Obama was probably Fedorafreak's server player
Only cuties survive the near future

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage
Moon: Prospit

Post by rookie1978 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:27 pm

Me. Im in Homestuck now.

dualfallen
Classpect: Witch of Rage

Post by dualfallen » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:42 pm

All the characters are going to be blank sprites that say "Your character here"!
The chat logs will act as mad libs and prompt you to input your characters' names and various words.

This is "BEyOnd cAnOn" after all.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:05 pm

I doubt it will be Problem Sleuth kingdom races, since Homestuck already had clowns and elves in it. i feel a squiddle session would be against the nature of Homestuck, and I don't see the writers as being hugely interested in cashing in on such an old and obscure joke for the sake of a whole new narrative.

I don't think it's going to be humans on "Earth D" either like some people are suggesting.

a new alien species would be fun, and probably the most interesting. there are a lot of subtleties to the trolls that make them iconic and I'd be interested to see if a whole new race could come close to that kind of charm.
mod on the mspa wiki

Crpal
Pronouns: He/Him
Moon: Prospit

Post by Crpal » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:10 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:05 pm

a new alien species would be fun, and probably the most interesting. there are a lot of subtleties to the trolls that make them iconic and I'd be interested to see if a whole new race could come close to that kind of charm.
Oh definitely, if the creators could make a species and society that matched the complexity of the trolls, I'd definetely be down with anything.

MorganMustDie
Pronouns: f

Post by MorganMustDie » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:23 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:05 pm
I doubt it will be Problem Sleuth kingdom races,
You're right, they'll be going back even further

Image Perfection.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:09 pm

furrylatula wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:11 am
thorondraco wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:30 pm
If i remember correctly Cherubs don't play sburb normally. Aranea, who knows an alarmingly suspicious amount of lore, says as much.
aranea knows general lore that doesn’t extend to every possible use case. see: ‘human reproduction is exclusively heterosexual’ and trying to force a retjune too soon
Err well, she wasn't wrong exactly? Human relationships can be homosexual, heterosexual, and bisexual. But human reproduction is purely heterosexual and there are just ways for us to find workarounds. Female to female and male to male are incapable of producing offspring of any kind unassisted. Just ask the gay penguins in some random zoo in the world. Poor fellows are too non sentient to figure out why the other isn't producing eggs.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:27 pm

only heterosexual cisgender relationships can make babies. aranea fails to see that some gay people are transgender.

aranea's ignorance regarding gender theory is a running theme in her Infallible Light Player Science. she applies binary male and female concepts to cherubs, for example, even though those things don't have genitals and have a completely alien method of copulation. she calls leprechauns "exclusively homosexual" even though by all scientific accounts that would just make them... hermaphrodites?

at the time i think this was andrew being a little bit ignorant in his writing, but the epilogues have since implied cherubs DON'T naturally have human-equivalent binary gender identities, so i think retroactively the idea is that aranea's trollhood and/or beforanosity and/or being an upper class moron have contributed to her being sort of short sighted regarding experiences outside of her own.
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:15 am

JakeMorph wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:27 pm
only heterosexual cisgender relationships can make babies. aranea fails to see that some gay people are transgender.

aranea's ignorance regarding gender theory is a running theme in her Infallible Light Player Science. she applies binary male and female concepts to cherubs, for example, even though those things don't have genitals and have a completely alien method of copulation. she calls leprechauns "exclusively homosexual" even though by all scientific accounts that would just make them... hermaphrodites?

at the time i think this was andrew being a little bit ignorant in his writing, but the epilogues have since implied cherubs DON'T naturally have human-equivalent binary gender identities, so i think retroactively the idea is that aranea's trollhood and/or beforanosity and/or being an upper class moron have contributed to her being sort of short sighted regarding experiences outside of her own.
Or she was just being objective? She actually and literally states specifically 'reproductive relationships'. Making them distinct from other relationships.

https://www.homestuck.com/story/6007

She was emphasizing relationships where offspring is produced. I don't even really think there are terms to use other than what she used actually. These are concepts that don't exist in our reality and thus do not have their own terms. So Hussie utilized the closest words he could find for what he needed. So when she said Heterosexual, she means that it can only happen between individuals with the proper parts, not that the relationship itself had to be defined as Heterosexual. Like in a way a relationship between Sollux and Aradia is a heterosexual relationship.

She also grew up on a Sjw Dystopia planet so, yea, she would have had the right terms drilled into her head. Likely with punishment of reeducation if she slipped up. Also if she meant it in a flippant way Kankri would have manifested from the ether to berate her.

That would be so fucking funny that i wish she was being that just to see everyone's reaction as he yeets into the conversation.

This kinda issue appears in fiction often. Like if you have a fiction where a species eats another sapient species, IS it cannibalism? The technically term is same species. But as we don't have a word for sapient species eating another sentient species, the most appropriate term is cannibalism.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:29 am

ok. so supposedly shes using scientific zoological vernacular to describe human reproduction, and yet uses the term "homosexual" to describe the reproduction of leprechauns? that doesn't strike you as totally inconsistent at all?

beforus is decidedly not a SJW Dystopia planet. the dancestors wouldn't all treat kankri like a complete dickhead if that were the case.
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:37 am

JakeMorph wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:29 am
ok. so supposedly shes using scientific zoological vernacular to describe human reproduction, and yet uses the term "homosexual" to describe the reproduction of leprechauns? that doesn't strike you as totally inconsistent at all?

beforus is decidedly not a SJW Dystopia planet. the dancestors wouldn't all treat kankri like a complete dickhead if that were the case.
She was using the closest approximation as actual zoological vernacular does not exist.

And by no means. It possibly means that leprechauns are monogendered. So not a hermaphrodite, which is a species that is capable of both parts of reproduction and would literally have both parts. Think the Asari from mass effect. Though again it is a loss of useful vernacular cause technically speaking you can't be homosexaul without another sex. But we don't have a term for a species that is all of one sex.
But they do exist in reality believe it or not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Mexico_whiptail Lesbo lizard. Nature is absolutely bonkers!

So the issue is a lack of vernacular to use in a fictional setting. And we know that Hussie knows his damn vernacular, weaving elegant prose before ending it on a dick joke.

Also it absolutely was and its probably why they got so frustrated with him. Both Meenah and Feferi deal with being oppressors if given power. Just that Feferi is a kinder hand.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:42 am

yes, technically you cannot be homosexual without a second sex. that's exactly my point and it's a really blatant oversight on aranea's part whether you want to blame it on hussie's vocabulary or whatever.

combining this with aranea's bogus statements about cherub sex which again, are dismissed by the epilogues, i think it's clear aranea is making inaccurate judgements based on her troll-centric worldview where sex has absolutely zero basis in reproduction.
mod on the mspa wiki