So, who's going to be playing SBURB in HS^2

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
Crpal
Pronouns: He/Him
Moon: Prospit

So, who's going to be playing SBURB in HS^2

Post by Crpal » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:00 pm

So far, we know that Dirk and co have come to this new planet, specifically because they were destined to play SBURB. How do you think it's going to go down? I've got a set of possible theories:

1. The session is played by the alien race with Dirk and Co acting as a Lord English stand-in by being in their session with them and influencing their session with his narrative powers.

2. Dirk and friends play SBURB with the kids from the alien race, making them players along with them.

3. Dirk somehow gets the group from Meat! Earth C to play SBURB with him , Rosebot, and Terezi, effectively making a new session on a new planet without actually engaging with the planet's inhabitants.

4. Nobody is playing SBURB. Dirk has some different game that he has cooked up that will work similarly to SBURB.

I'm leaning towards 1 or 2, but the others are just as possible at this stage in the story.

Darth_Energon

Re: So, who's going to be playing SBURB in HS^2

Post by Darth_Energon » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:06 pm

I was thinking maybe Dirk acts like a super asshole version of Guy from Divine Interference: Cosmic Exertion.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:39 pm

Dirk hijacks the game to make him, Rose and Terezi part of the players.
:rosecool:

Cheshire_Creeper

Post by Cheshire_Creeper » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:34 pm

I hope we are getting new players
The bonus updates are, after all, going to showcase side-stories and lore from the main world of the story
Implying that we are, indeed, going to have new players
After all, Dirk's session is "The Most Important SBURB Session,"
I'm guessing that was the case before he got involved.

Mainly I want new players because then we get to have NEW CHARACTERS FOR THE FIRST TIME THAT AREN'T JUST SKIN SWAPS OF ANOTHER CHARACTER WE KNOW!
Plus, maybe a new romance system :nepball:
I have an ill-advised plan...what else is new?
https://mspfa.com/user/?u=108518406857173018839

beefcakelocale

Post by beefcakelocale » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:05 pm

I was under the impression that Dirk's "new session" was just going to be him bringing a few familiar characters back together in an effort to stop him and the Theseus crew, like some kind of op session of SBURB where your players are already seasoned veterans and are actively fighting for supremacy over the session as opposed to working together to win.

Almost like how the trolls were originally going to be playing in separate teams, only fr this time and with much higher stakes.
I can't believe it's 2019 and I'm still talking about Homestuck

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:25 pm

More than likely whatever species is on the planet. They are presumably thousands of years early too, so its not like they are about to jump into the session any second now. They either find a way to do some time shenanigans or they wait for the first meteors and jump through those portals.

That or they find the sburb tech as it falls and hijacks it with their own tech.

I do think that the session has to be some kind of 'fix it' situation. Paradox space broke and this session is taking place in broke paradox space.

Sokota
Pronouns: he/they

Post by Sokota » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:37 pm

4 seems the most likely for me imo. I'm expecting 4 new kids/trolls/whatever race inhabits that planet that'll go through SBURB, only Dirk will take the place of Skaia, so to say

Nep
Pronouns: Any (Genderfluid)
Classpect: Rogue of Heart

Post by Nep » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:23 pm

Inb4 new classpects by the huss himself.
Forum's Certified Nep. :nepball: || Rogue of Heart

william_

Post by william_ » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:54 pm

i doubt it will be a new species! seems like a LOT of work to establish characters + interactions + The Universe (the trolls took 600 pages :P) then again, it's a whole entire sequel to the comic, so i guess there's no reason it COULDN'T be in the cards...

my money goes to 'some twisted alternate versions of the characters we already have'. or the squiddle session. could be that,
[YTP] [BBA] [TWITTER]

sorbicCondition
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: mage of void

Post by sorbicCondition » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:36 pm

Cherub session. I'm probably wrong but that's my call right now, the planet they're going to is gonna be the ancient cherub planet vaguely alluded to during the trickster arc, with the seven continents the Legendary Zillium weapons are from. Might explain why one of "legendary weapons of cherubian folklore" is just Dirk's unbreakable katana: because he put it there.

This would of course mean if said session is successful, it is the one that creates the Trolls universe, thus completing the circle of stupidity (and the chain of cultural influence calliope alludes to in meat 19 of the epilogues).
:cool3d: homestuck 2 :cool3d:

Cheshire_Creeper

Post by Cheshire_Creeper » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:49 pm

sorbicCondition wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:36 pm
Cherub session. I'm probably wrong but that's my call right now, the planet they're going to is gonna be the ancient cherub planet vaguely alluded to during the trickster arc, with the seven continents the Legendary Zillium weapons are from. Might explain why one of "legendary weapons of cherubian folklore" is just Dirk's unbreakable katana: because he put it there.

This would of course mean if said session is successful, it is the one that creates the Trolls universe, thus completing the circle of stupidity (and the chain of cultural influence calliope alludes to in meat 19 of the epilogues).
Wow, this…would actually make sense.
I have an ill-advised plan...what else is new?
https://mspfa.com/user/?u=108518406857173018839

deadlyAdder
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Seer of Breath
Moon: Prospit

Post by deadlyAdder » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:01 pm

sorbicCondition wrote:

:amazed:

MorganMustDie
Pronouns: f

Post by MorganMustDie » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:04 pm

sorbicCondition wrote:

Incredible thinking, but if I remember correctly the troll universe wasn't influenced by being created by a Cherub session, it was just influenced by Doc Scratch being "part Cherub" as it were
I will not stand for any theorising which delegitimises the 48 player squiddle session
Image Perfection.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:13 pm

MorganMustDie wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:04 pm
sorbicCondition wrote:

Incredible thinking, but if I remember correctly the troll universe wasn't influenced by being created by a Cherub session, it was just influenced by Doc Scratch being "part Cherub" as it were
I will not stand for any theorising which delegitimises the 48 player squiddle session
Theory. That is actually the squiddle planet. And squiddles were originally weird mixture of clown and octopus cuttlefish things. course with female looking like amore appealing mix of ursula and harlequin. IT would explain the coloration and nonsense words of the weapons. But there was one member of this team that was 100% goth and shit and he or she is the one who used the katana.

Hussie said in the commentary that it was all a lie but the question is which is the lie. the most likely explanation is that it being a 48 squiddkle session is the lie. the squiddles were just one species involved in this session.

MorganMustDie

Post by MorganMustDie » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:15 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:13 pm
Theory. That is actually the squiddle planet. And squiddles were originally weird mixture of clown and octopus cuttlefish things. course with female looking like amore appealing mix of ursula and harlequin. IT would explain the coloration and nonsense words of the weapons. But there was one member of this team that was 100% goth and shit and he or she is the one who used the katana.

Hussie said in the commentary that it was all a lie but the question is which is the lie. the most likely explanation is that it being a 48 squiddkle session is the lie. the squiddles were just one species involved in this session.
What would Hussie know :andrew:
Image Perfection.

sorbicCondition
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: mage of void

Post by sorbicCondition » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:20 pm

MorganMustDie wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:04 pm
sorbicCondition wrote:

Right, but Doc Scratch has nothing to do with Beforus. And yet, Beforus is culturally very similar if not identical to Alternia, at least with regards to the gender norms Calliope is referencing in the epilogues, implying a deeper influence than just the one Scratch imparts onto Alternia.
:cool3d: homestuck 2 :cool3d:

MorganMustDie

Post by MorganMustDie » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:22 pm

sorbicCondition wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:20 pm
Right, but Doc Scratch has nothing to do with Beforus. And yet, Beforus is culturally very similar if not identical to Alternia, at least with regards to the gender norms Calliope is referencing in the epilogues, implying a deeper influence than just the one Scratch imparts onto Alternia.
A very good point

Alternatively, Damara's sin was so strong that the entire universe balanced out to oppress her as she personally deserved
Image Perfection.

Drinosi
Classpect: Mage of Blood

Post by Drinosi » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:26 pm

A Cherub session would be interesting. I don't think they're going to create a whole new species. It takes a lot of work to flesh out a brand new species, although it would be cool.
I don't think this will be a thing, but I would love some new classpects.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:30 pm

Drinosi wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:26 pm
A Cherub session would be interesting. I don't think they're going to create a whole new species. It takes a lot of work to flesh out a brand new species, although it would be cool.
I don't think this will be a thing, but I would love some new classpects.
If i remember correctly Cherubs don't play sburb normally. Aranea, who knows an alarmingly suspicious amount of lore, says as much. Why we don't know. We know that the game can have very powerful species like the Trolls with their damn super powers. But Cherubs are a lot more powerful by nature. Also you would probably just have half the group try to kill the other half and it keeps on shifting around as they go to sleep and their other halves take over. Be bedlam.

Then again a lot of artifacts we see in homestuck seem to allude to Cherubs being behind something bigger.

https://www.pngkit.com/png/detail/864-8 ... -clock.png this clock literally has the homestuck cherubs on it.

Also why would it be unlikely for them to make a new species altogether? Yea it would be a bit of work but its not like they are trying to get this done in a few months. Kate mentioned a part that was the 'best and worst' she ever wrote and she doesn't expect that to pop up for another three years. They have time.

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them

Post by VASKA » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:24 pm

I do think we'll be getting new aliens, it wouldn't make much sense to have at least part of the story occur on an alien planet without a new alien species involved. I do, however, highly doubt there will be cherubs on it. Cherubs were described by Aranea as "a species that was never meant to play the game", and this planet is seeded with Sburb technology. My bet? It's going to be furries, specifically furry with a 6 letter first name and an 8 letter last name. Why am I confident about the naming scheme? Akwete Purrmusk. Dave's fursona is a real person, and this is a very important message for Homestuck: we must all have faith in the immanent actuality of our fursonas.

As an aside, though, there is one thing I'd like to say about Cherubs on the new planet: Calamity is protecting it. Or, at least, I hope she is. It's be very interesting to have Calamity and Calliope meet, and it may be what sets Calamity off on the time-spanning, universe-exploring, troll-shooting journey she has in the Forbidden Files.
Only cuties survive the near future