HS^2 Update

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
AsherCrane
Classpect: Rogue of Light
Moon: Prospit

HS^2 Update

Post by AsherCrane » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:36 pm

New update!
https://homestuck2.com/story/362

Also, might be worth asking (though I'm not an admin), since it's stopped being a chapter per update, is it worth maybe pinning a thread to throw updates in rather than just making a new one per update?

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Re: HS^2 Update

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:44 pm

Here we go.
it begins.
Last edited by PilotBlackSmith on Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:47 pm

holy shit i lost it at karkat's intro ahfhajhfaksjdhfajklsdhfkjashdfjklahsdfkghasl;ghasd
:rosecool:

AsherCrane
Classpect: Rogue of Light

Post by AsherCrane » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:48 pm

Candy Karkat is no 100% my favorite ^2 character, no contest.

SteperOfTheLongEarth
Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by SteperOfTheLongEarth » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:21 pm

Wow that was, draining.

1. Why does it feel like this feel like John breaking out Tavros all over again? Just brief moment of hope and then smack it down again.
2. Karkat is not fun to talk to in this universe. I kinda just feel like he's regress to "blaming Jade for everything that has happened" levels of not being... something. Yeah, John's right "funny" maybe.
3. Karkat doesn't know? Rose, Kanaya, Jade are all in the resistance and no one fucking told him?
4. Wait, did he know something like this was going to happen?
5. Karkat's got red eyes now. Maybe they showed off that before but I wanted to point it out.
6. This feels like end of Act 5 Act 2 when Karkat just tells John to bottle up whatever he's feeling again and man up and finish the job. I don't like it.
7. Alright, I'm back to :candy: sucks again now.
Completed:
>Terezi: Reminisce
Chapter 9-10 :candy:

Working on: Chapter 10 :pumpkin: :pleasant:

SteperOfTheLongEarth
Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by SteperOfTheLongEarth » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:04 pm

okay, more shit occurred to me in the shower
8. how the fuck did vriska get captured? I just fucking know their going to use the excuses:
  • a. her powers aren't working because of the eye thing. more bullshit of removing powers a character already had to create conflict. joy.
    b. The tiara-tops stopped them from going to sleep. Also bullshit, Aradia made it work just fine. Sure Jane got up again but was severally dropped in their threat level.
    c. Candy bullshit allows anything to happen off-screen no matter how improbable it may be.
9. why did they feel the need to turn this into a huge Xanatos Gambit? I know we are in fanfic candy land where tropes like that are king but it was so unnecessary to say "OH YEAH, IT WAS ALL PART OF HER PLAN"
KARKAT: BUT NOTICING THE PROBLEM AND MAKING MEANINGFUL PROGRESS TOWARDS SOLVING IT ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS.
KARKAT: THE NEXT TIME YOU GET THE IMPULSE TO "LEND A HAND", YOU'D BE BETTER OFF CANNING IT FOR FIVE MINUTES AND LISTENING TO THOSE OF US WHO'VE BEEN TRYING TO SOLVE IT A LOT LONGER THAN YOU HAVE.
KARKAT: THIS ISN'T AN EXERCISE BEING CONDUCTED IN ORDER FOR YOU TO PROVE YOUR PERSONAL DEGREE OF MORAL RECTITUDE.
KARKAT: AND IF IT WAS, YOU WOULD HAVE ALREADY FAILED MISERABLY! SO DO YOURSELF AND EVERYONE ELSE A FAVOR AND STOP TREATING IT LIKE ONE.
Just so much fuck you Karkat. FUCK. YOU.
Completed:
>Terezi: Reminisce
Chapter 9-10 :candy:

Working on: Chapter 10 :pumpkin: :pleasant:

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:06 pm

John shoulda taken a page from Mr.Manhattan's book and left to live on Mars or some shit a long time ago.

People only ever talk to him out of obligation at this point. Everyone's so wrapped up in petty bullshit they should be well beyond by now (why the fuck does a God who can theoretically make anything care what one race does? If an evil empire of Trolls does rise up, just destroy it? You live forever and are friends with other gods who have time and space powers??) and its not like he has anything going for him on Earth C anyways. Sure, he has a kid...but he never sees him and it doesn't even look like Harry Anderson wants to even hang out with his own dad.

PilotBlackSmith

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:49 pm

SteperOfTheLongEarth wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:04 pm
okay, more shit occurred to me in the shower
8. how the fuck did vriska get captured? I just fucking know their going to use the excuses:
  • a. her powers aren't working because of the eye thing. more bullshit of removing powers a character already had to create conflict. joy.
    b. The tiara-tops stopped them from going to sleep. Also bullshit, Aradia made it work just fine. Sure Jane got up again but was severally dropped in their threat level.
    c. Candy bullshit allows anything to happen off-screen no matter how improbable it may be.
9. why did they feel the need to turn this into a huge Xanatos Gambit? I know we are in fanfic candy land where tropes like that are king but it was so unnecessary to say "OH YEAH, IT WAS ALL PART OF HER PLAN"
what if Jane resurrected HIC and is using her in her army now?

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

harmoniousCalamity
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Lord Of Doom

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:30 pm

I feel bad with how john is getting treated by everyone, he should kick their asses, like all of them.
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---
YN:[yeah dude. Sylphs are fucking gay.].
HC: Shut up!

_DASHFLAME_
Pronouns: He, Him;
Classpect: Heir of Heart

Post by _DASHFLAME_ » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:51 pm

I feel so bad for John. They think Dave is dead, but it just shows that Dirk is still fucking with the candy timeline. I really hate how almost everyone is blaming the wrong person. Vriska is being an idiot sure, but at this point they should know that Vriska makes sure that john can't follow them; she's done it before, she'll do it again. I also hate how Karkat reacts to john trying to talk to him. Sure John might have come off as annoying but he is seriously just trying to make the best of things, you can't just dig right in him. I also hate how John honestly tried to fix everything in the epilogues, he tried his absolute best to help other people, but they wouldn't listen to him. Only Tavros Crocker agreed with him and they still hate john. I mean come on! John killed Lord English and you still think that he's insane? None of his problems come from his own flaws. His depression came from people hating him when he tried to fix everything ( most likely Ult. Dirk's handiwork) but also his retcon powers. Retcon powers made him have insane problems and issues with morality and how he could change literally anything. And when he loses them makes him go through the problems even worse. His problems affected everyone else, they should have helped him but they never did. I hate how they blame John for literally everything. He tries to help them by stopping Dirk's suicide and they say ( Fuck You John) He tries to get everyone to talk about the issues that have been bothering them and they say ( Fuck You John). In the lowest of corners he still keeps on trying even in depression and they still say ( Fuck You John). At the very least they should have said "I hate how Jane keeps messing with us, lets go stop her!". but instead, they are all " John you didn't do anything, We hate you, your not good, stop trying, why aren't you trying, you should've done this, etc." They blame him for Jane's actions which is just really not cool. Their issues were being kept locked in a bottle, john tried to open the bottle to let the issues out but they wouldn't let him. The bottle is now going to break and the glass is going to cut them all. The only thing that can fix this is either some new character will help candy john or candy john dies ( I honestly think it's going to be the latter). I do hope that we take a break from the candy shit and go back to the meat timeline.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:43 pm

Everything sucks and feels completely hopeless and that really sucks.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

PurplePest29
Pronouns: He/him

Post by PurplePest29 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:38 am

Karkat is right though.
The planet is at war and the god with windy powers should probably be helping stop it, he cant just be depressed for so long. They cant sit around and be all feelies when theres a bunch of fires going on! John is THE man equipped to put out fires, he can do all of them with the movement of an arm.
Granted, idk how hard it is to recruit motherfucking john even when hes depressed, so quite a bit of blame goes onto just about all his friends.

Also, they dont have HIC's body do they? She died on one of the moons.
God.
Where are the planets?? Jade had them. Overpopulation my ass, send one into orbit!!
Uwuw capitawism :lime:

harmoniousCalamity

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:32 am

PurplePest29 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:38 am
Karkat is right though.
The planet is at war and the god with windy powers should probably be helping stop it, he cant just be depressed for so long. They cant sit around and be all feelies when theres a bunch of fires going on! John is THE man equipped to put out fires, he can do all of them with the movement of an arm.
Granted, idk how hard it is to recruit motherfucking john even when hes depressed, so quite a bit of blame goes onto just about all his friends.

Also, they dont have HIC's body do they? She died on one of the moons.
God.
Where are the planets?? Jade had them. Overpopulation my ass, send one into orbit!!
I think the real problem is, is that it sounds like none of his 'friends' bothered to really stay or work with him through his clear depression prior to the war, and only want him now, when he could be useful. I'm sure there's some conflicting emotion going on with that alone. Along with the mounting stress and depression of just losing his house, and still not having anyone to really fall back on emotionally?

Like John is a mess, and it's really not entirely his fault, as it seems like he honest to god just has no support group? Most people can't drag themselves out of their depression, even when super serious shit is going on. It's not like stuff like that can be put on hold.
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---

PurplePest29
Pronouns: He/him

Post by PurplePest29 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:51 pm

i agree on the odd lack of support group.

hope he gets some
Uwuw capitawism :lime:

calamityCons

Post by calamityCons » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:57 pm

John’s “friends” have very clearly abandoned him and only care about him as far as they can find use in him. This situation is uniquely despicable and unpleasant, and I’m sick of reading a story about awful people being awful to each other for no particular thematic purpose.

Like what is even the goal here. What is this story trying to say? “Life sucks and not even superpowers can fix it?” You can tell a story like that sure. Doesn’t mean I’m going to be part of its audience.

This comic is so frustrating.

PilotBlackSmith

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:02 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:57 pm
This situation is uniquely despicable and unpleasant, and I’m sick of reading a story about awful people being awful to each other for no particular thematic purpose.
BUT THAT'S WHAT MATURE WESTERN MEDIA IS ALL ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!

calamityCons

Post by calamityCons » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:10 pm

I will reach into my heart and bring back the power of goodness and compassion into this hell of a storytelling climate >:V

harmoniousCalamity

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:07 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:10 pm
I will reach into my heart and bring back the power of goodness and compassion into this hell of a storytelling climate >:V
honestly all off this comes down to is making a hs^2 that's just simply better, and yet still draws on the epilogues. because i dont think its gonna get better

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:49 pm

Looks like John's still learning how to grow the fuck up and be an adult, even in adulthood. Unsurprising, considering he was thrust from the middle of childhood into a world-ending game and godhood. Dude didn't really have time to adjust to things like change, loss, and the passage of time in a natural, evolving way.

I can sympathize with him, but Punished Crab is right. Sometimes life is just like "Suck it the fuck up, buttercup."

Also Karkat is just as Metal Gear as I wanted him to be, and he continues to be my favorite character in this franchise.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

pfeffer-29
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Heir of Mind

Post by pfeffer-29 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:36 am

hey at least Karkat looks dope as heck
you can pry karezi out of my cold dead hands