Favorite Characters but WITH HS2/Epilogue Influence!!

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
terezis_gay_lusus
Pronouns: she/he/they/it/god
Classpect: Thief of Light
Moon: Derse

Favorite Characters but WITH HS2/Epilogue Influence!!

Post by terezis_gay_lusus » Fri May 21, 2021 4:04 pm

So I was curious about something.
There's a favorite character thread in the main Homestuck forum but a lot of the people in that forum haven't touched HS2 or the Epilogues so I want to know who all of you like and dislike from the Beyond Canon Universe!
Who do you love? Who do you absolutely despise?
You can talk about it all in this thread.
TT: How cool do you think it is having my own godawful personality mirrored back at me all the time, reminding me what it must be like when other people have to deal with me?
TT: Do you have any idea how fucking sick I am of myself?

terezis_gay_lusus
Pronouns: she/he/they/it/god
Classpect: Thief of Light

Re: Favorite Characters but WITH HS2/Epilogue Influence!!

Post by terezis_gay_lusus » Fri May 21, 2021 4:13 pm

To start, I would have to say that I lost a lot of love for what used to be some of my favorite characters. Including (but not necessarily limited to): Terezi, Dave, Karkat, and Roxy.

I don't like how Karkat and Dave just turned into "That Gay Couple" and how their entire personalities just start to revolve around each other. In the original comic, Dave and Karkat had PERSONALITY. I loved them!! Especially Dave. However, it's really sad for me to see their entire character just fade away into some gay relationship abyss.

While I do think that Johnrezi was handled well in the Meat Timeline, I don't like what happened in HS2 when Terezi went up into paradox space with Dirk and Rosebot. I just don't feel like she's... the same character that she was? If that makes sense?

I am all for LGBT representation! Especially that of the gender-spectrum variety. But the way Roxy was handled was absolutely AWFUL. I hated reading Roxy's character the second they started in with all of the gender stuff and it just became almost her entire personality. "Hey, look at me, I'm trans!!!" That was Roxy. Plus, they dropped the entirety of Roxy and she just became this replication of Dave. I don't like it at alllll.

Jane is a character that I hate and love at the same time. I think that she is such an amazing villain. Literally, chef's kisses to whoever handled the majority of Jane's villain writing. I just feel like she is so easy to hate and she has motivations behind everything she does and ultimately: I hated Jane in Homestuck, because she was boring. But now, even if I hate her, at least she's interesting!

Jade sucks. I hate Epilogues Jade. For reference, I really did adore Jade in Homestuck. But they took this genuinely kind and caring girl, who loved her friends, and turned her into (essentially) a sleazy whore who would hurt her friends just to fuck some dude. I hate the way they did my girl Jade and it makes. me. so. MAD!

I do really like Vrissy, Vriska, what's left of Dave, Dirk, alt!Callie is okay sometimes, Rosebot is half-decent, and Jane in the way that she's a fucking FIRE villain.
TT: How cool do you think it is having my own godawful personality mirrored back at me all the time, reminding me what it must be like when other people have to deal with me?
TT: Do you have any idea how fucking sick I am of myself?

harmoniousCalamity
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Lord Of Doom

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Mon May 24, 2021 11:20 am

For those I still enjoy, I enjoy Terezi and John as I feel like they were mostly still intact? I also enjoyed their dynamic and them on their own.

I also think it is slightly interesting to see alt!callie being a villain, and wondering wtf is going on with both timeline callies.

But I think that's it honestly? I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Jade, even though I can't say I enjoy what the writers have done to her in the epilogues, and just about everyone else is just...Eh. I have my issues with the rest of them.

I can say with confidence though the epilogues have made me incredibly annoyed by rose, dave, roxy, and karkat. I think they're the worst offenders even with Jane being a villain for no reason.
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---
YN:[yeah dude. Sylphs are fucking gay.].
HC: Shut up!

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Mon May 24, 2021 1:51 pm

Meat!John is a Guts-tier sadboy character.

TantamountTurnabout
Pronouns: He/him

Post by TantamountTurnabout » Tue May 25, 2021 9:56 pm

I can't really think of any characters that really stand out in isolation, I can only think of them in terms of how they interacted with other characters. I think the conflict between Ult Dirk and Alt Callie was really interesting in the epilogue at least! Dirk's turn was surprising and menacing, Callie felt very powerful but also flawed, which reminded me a lot of Original Flavor Calliope (Calliope thought of herself as sweet and kind (which she was!) but she couldn't recognize when she was being patronizing or putting her own thoughts or needs first. Alt Calliope considers herself an objective detached observer, and doesn't acknowledge when she's actually emotionally motivated). It was pretty metal when she cannibalized her brother but she didn't really do much particularly memorable after that.
Trying to think of other characters where i'm not like "eh, mostly boring or just, very bad ideas at play" and coming up short lol.
Oh Meat roxy kicks ass, i liked running into him, but also he doesn't do much so, hard to call him my favorite.
I think I do like the way Roxy's powers manifest by making them somewhat absent from the story. In Candy we don't get to see all the shit she's dealing with, which parallels John being painfully oblivious to all things, and in Meat all this shit's going on that, honestly doesn't really effect him. He's having his own cool story and journey that you just don't get to see. Did anyone bring up that the glasses and haircut make him look like Dave because I feel like someone would have mentioned that.
*demonterializes*

Disgustedorite
Classpect: Mage of Light

Post by Disgustedorite » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:53 am

the postcanon made me love:
- Jane Crocker
- Diamonds Droog
Sagan 4 - collaborative worldbuilding community that's older than Homestuck and still active

PurplePest29
Pronouns: He/him

Post by PurplePest29 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:36 pm

I like everyone on Earth D rn & alt calliope alot. I hate all the other characters which have been easy for dirk to manipulate and are constantly so uninquisitive and out of the loop on the plot and shit. Especially karakt and dave -they both always need to be told what to do. Its a shame cus they were both so cool before.

Im actually kind of sad hs2 is not continuing, when reading back through the meat route (and ignoring candy :3 cus its hell) i was really into the shit between dirk and calliope. I wanna see, like, a kismesis ~ i think itd work. They both seem to hate eachother, but also envy eachother in aspects! I think they have the perfect foundation for what hussie layed out as a kismesis being. If u think about the story thru the lense of cherub mating, meat is kind of like the malevolent cherub and candy is the benevolent one, both birthed from LE's shenanigans and fighting all those ghosts and dying, besides a BLACK HOLE (which is where cherub eggs are layed).

I think the fact dirk is only willing to exist in meat, AND was a part of LE, gives him the same allure other malevolent cherubs would give in comparison to calliborn. Cus their attraction is fueled by incest and shit. It makes me terribly excited for a story which wont complete :/
Uwuw capitawism :lime: