Homestuck^2 Chapter 5

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 5

Post by thorondraco » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:32 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:03 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:45 pm
They stated that they don't have any current plans for flashes and they would need to pay some peeps to create the animations.
Also flash is going to die soon and they don't have a good replacement for them in mind. They have issues with Youtube so hosting it there is a bit iffy. And to be fair youtube is a fuckin mess right now. Has been for years now.
werent they using html5 to fix homestuck's flashes? wait. they were fixing homestuck flashes right. that is not a thing that i thought was real but its fake right. right...?
they are trying to at least. with little success from what i can gather.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:37 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:32 pm
Generalrabogolfo wrote:
thorondraco wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:45 pm
They stated that they don't have any current plans for flashes and they would need to pay some peeps to create the animations.
Also flash is going to die soon and they don't have a good replacement for them in mind. They have issues with Youtube so hosting it there is a bit iffy. And to be fair youtube is a fuckin mess right now. Has been for years now.
werent they using html5 to fix homestuck's flashes? wait. they were fixing homestuck flashes right. that is not a thing that i thought was real but its fake right. right...?
well at least they are trying thank god.

ANYWAY. to get back on topic:
why are they working together wasnt this a competition for fuck sake.PNG
why are they working together wasnt this a competition for fuck sake.PNG (59.29 KiB) Viewed 12083 times
:rosecool:

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Post by RoyalFiddle » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:47 pm

Dunno how I feel about this one chief. I know this isn't like, a Real Up8, two in a month and the second being substantial just wouldn't make sense for the situation as it have been pointed it, so I don't mind the single page. Furthermore I... kinda feel like the conflict between Terezi and Rose felt... I dunno, forced, I guess, like it needed to happen to justify conflict. Which, hey, maybe now that they in the realms of canon and are like, trying to keep shit from dissolution, forced conflict comes from the Homestuck? I also feel like Rose going "Yes I am a machine that is suffer and Sburb is suffer" is intentionally set up that way to later provide a subversion, in some manner, but in reality who knows. Dirk's part of the page was pretty fuckin great though, and I shot air through my mouth hole when he called the readers out, however pretentious others may find it. He's right, I don't think any of us are ever going to stop, and... I guess I'm okay with that
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

ThePungeonMaster
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:52 pm

I'll be real: Not a huge fan of the update. Way too dramatic, and what the characters did seemed totally out of left field for them. I don't like how they didn't bring up John, like, at all, and they're instead continuing to dance around the VrisRezi maypole instead of actually making an actually interesting ship involving either of them. I mean, shit both of them have already had more interesting, and generally better relationships with John, but it feels like they're just scrapping that for no good reason.
This whole thing feels like it's supposed to be building to something big, this whole charade about the fourth wall breaking, and the cannon nonsense, it feels like this is all supposed to be amping us up for some kind of grand, epic story, but instead of doing anything with that premise, they keep reiterating that it will become important and that's supposed to be the big thing, but it never is. They're trying to have their cannon and eat it too.
But Dirk was there, and I like Dirk, so as long as he still has a presence in the story I'll keep coming back for more.
Generalrabogolfo wrote:
From what I've heard viz was going to come through and patch up the site, update it to post flash, but then they just, didn't, and instead put in what is now the default as supposed "placehodlers." They're probably going to do nothing about it.
June X Vriska is the best ship.

RoyalFiddle

Post by RoyalFiddle » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:56 pm

Something that does make me go :? is the way the three characters tell the narrative. Dirk makes sense, obviously, but I feel as if Terezi and Rose should be flipped. Terezi should be the one with an all picture narrative, and Rose with all words, but, fuck, maybe I'm wrong
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:01 pm

ThePungeonMaster wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:52 pm
From what I've heard viz was going to come through and patch up the site, update it to post flash, but then they just, didn't, and instead put in what is now the default as supposed "placehodlers." They're probably going to do nothing about it.
why is everything so tiresome?

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:04 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:37 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:32 pm
Generalrabogolfo wrote:

well at least they are trying thank god.

ANYWAY. to get back on topic:
why are they working together wasnt this a competition for fuck sake.PNG
Good catch. Maybe the ecto alchemologization phase is fair game to strategize together as it's the preparation phase, but then guiding the civilizations and playing sburb will be where they divide.
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:10 pm

RoyalFiddle wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:47 pm
Dunno how I feel about this one chief. I know this isn't like, a Real Up8, two in a month and the second being substantial just wouldn't make sense for the situation as it have been pointed it, so I don't mind the single page. Furthermore I... kinda feel like the conflict between Terezi and Rose felt... I dunno, forced, I guess, like it needed to happen to justify conflict. Which, hey, maybe now that they in the realms of canon and are like, trying to keep shit from dissolution, forced conflict comes from the Homestuck? I also feel like Rose going "Yes I am a machine that is suffer and Sburb is suffer" is intentionally set up that way to later provide a subversion, in some manner, but in reality who knows. Dirk's part of the page was pretty fuckin great though, and I shot air through my mouth hole when he called the readers out, however pretentious others may find it. He's right, I don't think any of us are ever going to stop, and... I guess I'm okay with that
Think they cheated a TINY bit with this one but did it in a way that makes sense. Basically yea febuary is a short month.

Basically Dirk wasn't paying attention and was working on his species, so it means that Rose was able to narrate a bit. Or perhaps Dirk went on autopilot and let Rose's perspective and thoughts be heard. Then We get a bit from Terezi's point of view, then shit started getting REALLY kinky and Dirk took over like "OH HELL NAW."

Basically peeps who can't make panels popped up and Dirk took a break for a second. Hopefully they go back to the panels when they have a couple more days to work with. They still have the bonus update to do as well.

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:15 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:10 pm
Think they cheated a TINY bit with this one but did it in a way that makes sense. Basically yea febuary is a short month.

Basically Dirk wasn't paying attention and was working on his species, so it means that Rose was able to narrate a bit. Or perhaps Dirk went on autopilot and let Rose's perspective and thoughts be heard. Then We get a bit from Terezi's point of view, then shit started getting REALLY kinky and Dirk took over like "OH HELL NAW."

Basically peeps who can't make panels popped up and Dirk took a break for a second. Hopefully they go back to the panels when they have a couple more days to work with. They still have the bonus update to do as well.
isnt this the bonus update?
also, rose was not narrating, she only "narrates" through pics, while terezi does (""""kinda"""") through text

lavendersiren
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Mage of Light

Post by lavendersiren » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:22 pm

Considering it wasn't behind a paywall, it's not the bonus, just the secondary thanks to solid funding.

I still think Dirk is the one pulling the strings on Rose's current line of logic. Been manipulating her since the meat epilogue began.
Image Image

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:15 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:10 pm

isnt this the bonus update?
also, rose was not narrating, she only "narrates" through pics, while terezi does (""""kinda"""") through text
Well we were seeing other perspectives and shit.

And no this isn't a bonus update this is chapter 5. They still have the patreon exclusive updates to do. So that is three updates a month technically.

Why i said they were cheating a bit.

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:25 pm

oh okey sry~

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:28 pm

lavendersiren wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:22 pm
Considering it wasn't behind a paywall, it's not the bonus, just the secondary thanks to solid funding.

I still think Dirk is the one pulling the strings on Rose's current line of logic. Been manipulating her since the meat epilogue began.
Oh most definitely. Especially as last chapter its implied that he was feeding her the vision of this planet. Could easily have been feeding the vision that if they don't act their reality falls apart.

terminalTenacity
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Prince of Heart

Post by terminalTenacity » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:31 pm

id also like to point out that although its only one page this upd8 is still longer than chapter 3 as far as actual word counts are concerned
Last edited by terminalTenacity on Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itll be fine

RoyalFiddle

Post by RoyalFiddle » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:45 pm

terminalTenacity wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:31 pm
id also like to point out that although its only one page this upd8 is still longer than chapter 4 as far as actual word counts are concerned
That's very fair to point out, sweet catch!
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND

RoyalFiddle

Post by RoyalFiddle » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:51 pm

WAIT HOLY SHIT

Terezi being a blackrom slut absolutely makes sense, per the information we have on blackroming.

Per Hussie's commentary:
It's also worth noting the existence of this quadrant (Ashen Quadrent) culturally arises from the need to suppress trolls' general inclination to devolve into blackrom sluts.
Someone needs to seriously auspistice this girl for real
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:25 pm

RoyalFiddle wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:51 pm
WAIT HOLY SHIT

Terezi being a blackrom slut absolutely makes sense, per the information we have on blackroming.

Per Hussie's commentary:
It's also worth noting the existence of this quadrant (Ashen Quadrent) culturally arises from the need to suppress trolls' general inclination to devolve into blackrom sluts.
Almost seems like Trolls are biologically predisposed to relationships that prevent peeps from killing each other. Smacking each other and having really kinky rough sex, but not killing each other.

Someone pointed out on the reddits that Terezi keeps on trying to find someone to matter to. Part of it is having an absent mom i think and living in a tree seemingly deliberately. Be fair her absent mom couldn't be with her ever because of a presumed doomsday button, but she has attached far too much of her self worth to being with someone. As a friend or a lover. Even if it becomes very, very toxic. And it got sooo much worse when she gained her GO self's memories and knows she and Vriska can complete each other.

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 am

RoyalFiddle wrote:
WAIT HOLY SHIT

Per Hussie's commentary:
please god dont make vriska do it please god dont make vriska do it please god dont make vriska do it please god dont make vriska do it please god dont

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:03 am

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 am
RoyalFiddle wrote:
WAIT HOLY SHIT

Per Hussie's commentary:
please god dont make vriska do it please god dont make vriska do it please god dont make vriska do it please god dont make vriska do it please god dont
I literally want that to happen for one reason. So that she knew what Kanaya went through dealing with her bullshit.

Kidpen
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by Kidpen » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:41 am

Holy crap I low key loved this update. Give me the complicated relationship drama and feeling jams and ships. Turns out all I need from HS^2 is more of Act 6 2 times a month.
Also turns out I prefer Act 6 to Act 5, please don't kill me.
Also I kind of love TeRose? I don't think this should even cause problems with Kanaya, she should be used to the idea of having a matesprit and also a kismesis.
the epilogues were good.