Worldswap AU (Idea/Story)

Got an fandom-related project, site, or theme? Want to start one? Looking for fan meetups in your area? Post in here.
Sahxyel

Worldswap AU (Idea/Story)

Post by Sahxyel » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:29 am

Have you seen this and wondered what the heck it's about? There's LORE for this all tied into this idea for an AU thing for Homestuck that I've had knocking around in my head but not much time to develop it thanks to other projects. I put a bunch of thought into it though and CPA told me to share it so here I go: welcome to Worldswap!

:professor: What is Worldswap?

It's kind of bizarre! Consider Homestuck and take the protagonists, both troll and human. Got it? Now flip their destination points after ectobiology TURN-WAYS. The trolls, sent to Beta Earth with human guardians! And the kids? Living on the miserable hellworld known as Alternia! Nuts, ain't it? The 12 trolls split three per guardian, and for the kids they scrape survival with a mysterious patron who, along with this patron's master, ensures they all don't die before playing a very special game.

:apple: Dad Egbert raises Aradia, Tavros, and Sollux!

:orange: Mom Lalonde raises Karkat, Nepeta, and Kanaya!

:lemon: Bro raises Terezi, Vriska, and Equius!

:lime: And Grandpa (used to) raise Gamzee, Eridan, and Feferi!

The kids meanwhile on Alternia engage (or not) in Alternian Society and blend in by pretending to be trolls! Rose pretends to be a highblood, known to be deadly and violent befitting a highblood's temper. John pretends to be a blueblood, always ready to back Rose up as he gets by with his own craftiness and positive outlook! Jade hides and thrives in the Breeding Caverns, helping the Jadebloods that shelter her from the imperial drones. Finally, Dave lives isolated as a rustblood, far from the city and any potential chance of being culled.

:candy: Some Things Are Different and Others Stay the Same :candy:
  • Growing up on the opposing worlds, the characters are a bit different. Trolls hardly have quirks, though Karkat still types in all caps due to a busted keyboard. Meanwhile, the kids have quirks they developed over their time on Alternia.

THE SCOURGE SISTERS LIVE BABY, SISTERS 4EVER!

Why do you suppose Equius has a broken horn and broken glasses in this timeline? What happened to Vriska's eye? It is a mystery.............it is not Bro did it because he's abusive and brutal

Imagine Grandpa dying because his dumbass little alien baby shot him with a giant rifle.
There's probably more but I'm tired so that's it for now thanks for coming to my ted talk
:professor: Honeybee Professor Says: Problem Sleuth is better than Homestuck!

It's a mathematical fact!

Darth_Energon

Re: Worldswap AU (Idea/Story)

Post by Darth_Energon » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:38 am

I hope an eventual fanventure comes out of this, it could be really good.

Sahxyel

Post by Sahxyel » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:46 am

Darth_Energon wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:38 am
I hope an eventual fanventure comes out of this, it could be really good.
Thanks Darth, I hope so too because I had a lot of fun testing out memos and hammering out the idea. Need more solid footing to make this idea float away into the seas of actual storydom first though.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:03 am

this still seems as interesting as the first time I readed it. I really wish you decide to start this proyect :chummy:
:rosecool:

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:54 am

Ooooh this is super interesting and I would love to see it fleshed out into a narrative! It would also be tons of fun just to see some character interactions in this context. Do the four kids still manage to contact each other? Would Gamzee, Eridan, and Feferi consider each other siblings and go nuts while trying to escape the island? What is Gamzee’s personality like if he doesn’t have sopor pies, does he become a murderer still or is he more like a slow and sweet doofus as he was in the beginning of Hivebent? What do the trolls think about their adoptive siblings? Is Terezi still blind? Does the Earth’s sun burn their skin? How can Rose successfully pass as a highblood when she cant breathe underwater? THERES SO MUCH
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

sigmatic
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Rogue of Life

Post by sigmatic » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:23 am

This is really interesting, would love to see it more fleshed out! (I second the notion of an eventual fanventure)
Rogue of Life
forums? more like BOREums har har

Sokota
Pronouns: he/they

Post by Sokota » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:32 am

Wow, this is really interesting!! Excited to see a fanventure about it :-)

Lhumyaki
Classpect: Knight of Life

Post by Lhumyaki » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:13 pm

This looks amazing and really interesting! I'd like to read more of what you have!

Sahxyel

Post by Sahxyel » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:50 am

Thank you everyone for your interest and delight! I really love this idea too and maybe when I have more time to give to a project like this I'll put developing it into gear. I do have Alternate Mayorverse already on my plate and all though so this is on the backburner alongside another MSPFA I have in mind.

For thanks I typed out one logchat to show as an example of what you'd probably expect in Worldswap, just to kind of add to the thread like a fun little written biscuit to munch on.
Spoiler
Show
CG: ATTENTION IDIOTS
CG: I HAVE HAD THE GREATEST UNPLEASANT EXPERIENCE IN MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE

GC: isnt that EVERYDAY for you Karkat? >:]
CG: WHAT
CG: NO
CG: ALTHOUGH MY DAYS VARY BY THE AMOUNT OF ABSOLUTE ADDLED SHIT THAT 'MOM' DECIDES TO THRUST INTO MY FACE WITH TODAY NOT BEING AN EXCEPTION TO THAT
CG: THIS IS ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE

AC: oh no...
AC: karkat do you really need to tell everyone about this?
AC: 3:

AT: uh...
AT: is this important...?

TA: look kk we all know you hate your mom you don't have to bring it up every week
TA: also you still haven't fixed your keyboard yet?

GA: He will not.
GA: He needs a new keyboard and that requires asking Mother for her help.

TA: ahahaha that's pathetic
CG: HEY FUCK YOU
CG: DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH SHE'LL GLOAT OVER ''HELPING'' ME OUT?
CG: SHE'LL SMILE IN THAT SMUG SATISFIED WAY SHE DOES AND THINK SHE FUCKING WON IN WINNING ME OVER
CG: AS IF ENDEARING HERSELF TO ME WILL SPARE HER WHEN OUR ALIEN PARENTS AND PLANET FIND OUT WHERE WE ARE AND COME BACK FOR US

TA: yeah like that'll happen
CG: IT IS HAPPENING YOU DOUCHE
CG: WE HAVE A HOME
CG: WE HAVE OUR OWN FUCKING PEOPLE
CG: AND THOSE PEOPLE ARE INTERGALACTIC CONQUISTADORS THAT BEND FUCKING STAR SYSTEMS OVER AND MAKE THEM THEIR BITCH WITH A VAST ARMADA THAT TRAVELS THE FUCKING COSMOS
CG: WE'RE TROLLS THATS WHAT WE ARE

GC: >:?
TA: pffahahaha
TA: that's a good one kk
TA: we're 'trolls'
TA: look you're the one who sounds like a fucking troll right now

CG: THATS BECAUSE I AM ONE
CG: WE ALL ARE TROLLS YOU STUPID IDIOT

AT: uh...
AT: so we're those guys who live under bridges?

CG: NO THATS A STUPID HUMAN MYTH THAT JUST HAPPENS TO SHARE OUR SPECIES NAME
CG: TROLLS SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF HUMANS SO THEY MADE UP THESE STUPID STORIES AFTER THEY LEFT
CG: THEY'RE POWERFUL WARRIORS WHO HOP FROM WORLD TO WORD AND CRUSH THEM UNDER THEIR UNFORGIVING BOOTS

AA: oh!
AA: so like independence day!
AA: OuO

CG: SOMEWHAT
CG: OUR PARENTS MIGHT HAVE DIED CRASH LANDING ON THIS PLANET
CG: THEIR CORPSES ARE PROBABLY LOCKED IN AREA 51 LEFT TO BE DESECRATED AND THEIR TECHNOLOGY RIPPED THE FUCK OFF
CG: THINK ABOUT IT
CG: HUMANS HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS BUT IT'S ONLY WITHIN THE LAST HUNDRED THAT THEY HAD A SIGNIFICANT TECH JUMP?
CG: DOESN'T THAT STRIKE YOU AS SUSPICIOUS JUST A LITTLE BIT?

GC: this is all VERY interesting and all Karkat but there's one problem!
CG: AND WHAT IS THAT PROBLEM?
GC: it's totally stupid! >:]
GC: you probably heard this from that one guy that's been bugging you right?
GC: you're so gullible if you actually believe some random troll over the internet when he says things you WANT to hear
GC: if i told you that the grass tasted like sour apple would you go outside and start stuffing your stupid face with fistfuls of lawn clippings? >:]

CG: I HEARD IT FROM A REPUTABLE SOURCE WHO IS COMPLETELY AWARE OF HOW TERRIFYING OUR KIND IS
CG: HE WAS PRACTICALLY SHITTING HIS PANTS IN FEAR WHILE CRYING ABOUT HOW SCARY OUR HOMEWORLD IS AND HOW HE WOULD HAVE BEEN CULLED FOR BEING A WEAK ALIEN FREAK
CG: ANYWAY IT'S NOT STUPID YOU THICKHEADED IGNORAMUS GOD DAMN IT
CG: HOW ELSE DO YOU EXPLAIN US BESIDES ALIENS
CG: WE'RE ALL LIKE EACH OTHER WITH GRAY SKIN AND CANDY CORN STRIPE HORNS FOR FUCK'S SAKE
CG: WE'RE ALL PRISONERS ON THIS GOD DAMN PLANET
CG: OUR 'GUARDIANS' ARE ACTUALLY OUR JAILERS
CG: THEY KEEP US HERE TO BRAINWASH US TO USE AGAINST OUR OWN KIND WHEN THEIR RECKONING FINALLY COMES

AT: i uh
AT: this all sounds really convincing and everything
AT: maybe i could believe some of it...maybe...
AT: but...
AT: i don't really think dad is like that
AT: hes very nice :}

CG: HE'S JUST TRYING TO ENDEAR HIMSELF TO YOU SO WHEN OUR PEOPLE COME BACK YOU'LL BETRAY THEM BECAUSE YOU 'LOVE' THE HUMAN PARENT YOU ATTACHED YOURSELF TO YOU FUCKING IDIOT
CG: OUR 'MOM' IS DOING THE SAME FUCKING THING TO US HERE
CG: THE ONLY ONE WHO'S HONEST ABOUT IT ALL IS THE CRAZY PUPPET OBSESSED ASSHOLE AND HE HAS THREE OF US ON COMPLETE LOCKDOWN

AG: Not for long ;)
GC: oh no >:[
AG: Oh yes!

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:51 am

If only I werent on mobile so i could input that shaking eyes emoji gif I have. Because I am SUPER INTO THIS NOW
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

Crpal
Pronouns: He/Him
Moon: Prospit

Post by Crpal » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:39 pm

What would the alpha kids quirks be like?

Khiara
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Post by Khiara » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:56 pm

WHOA now this is an hilarious and interesting idea! I'm so excited to read more XDD

"The Pir8's Daughter"

Visit my art gallery :
DeviantART

Sahxyel

Post by Sahxyel » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:36 am

Crpal wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:39 pm
What would the alpha kids quirks be like?
I haven't jumped to any Alpha storywork yet, plus it was hard enough trying to come up with stuff about the Beta kids and their quirks so far.

So far:

john t4lks w1th h4lf of t3r3z1's qu1rk s1nc3 413 1s h1s numb3r st1ll though th3 c1rcumst4nc3s h3 chos3 th3s3 numb3rs w4s not 4 d4t3

Rose Has One More Like Kanaya Where She'll Properly Enunciate Her Words To Make Herself Sound More Aristocratic Since She Is Pretending To Be A Highblood. When Speaking To Other Highbloods That Are Seadwellers Shell Fit In Fish Puns Here Or There Tuna Make Herself Fit In Moray Than Before Even Though She Hates It.

daveprettymuchrefusestospeakonlineaftertheincidentitfuckedhimupprettybadly but before that happened he used to used to be way cooler and 1nsp1rat1onal w1th h1s number 1 att1tude

jade is still FRIENDLY and ENTHUSIASTIC from her time in the :Breeding caverns!! She EMPHASIZES adjectives and ver:Bs when SPEAKING! she MAKES her face whenever she TYPES anything with a :B!!!!

And one more nugget of a log from the story I jotted down:
Spoiler
Show
CG: SO WE JUST HAVE TO TRADE PLACES
CG: WE GO HOME AND THEN YOU COME BACK TO YOUR SHIT PLANET
CG: WE'LL INVADE IT ANYWAY BUT MAYBE WE CAN PUT IN A GOOD WORD FOR YOU ALL TO BE OUR NEW PETS

EB: oh my god
EB: you h4v3 no 1de4 wh4t you'r3 t4lk1ng 4bout

CG: EXCUSE ME I THINK I JUST HEARD SOMETHING
CG: IT SOUNDS LIKE THE NOISE OF A CUCKOO HUMAN WHO STOLE MY RIGHTFUL PLACE ON MY BADASS HOME PLANET

EB: ok4y f1rst off
EB: fuck you!
EB: s3condly
EB: 1 4m 4bsolut3ly sur3 th4t 1f you gr3w up h3r3 on your 4wful pl4n3t you would h4v3 b33n cull3d by now!

CG: YEAH RIGHT
EB: 1'm s3rious!
EB: th3 mom3nt 4nyon3 s4w th4t br1ght r3d blood of yours th3y'd tot4lly b3 down for cull1ng you for 1t!
EB: 1 should know b3c4us3 th4t's h4pp3n3d to on3 of us b3for3!

CG: WHAT
CG: FUCKING WHY

EB: b3c4use your blood 1s cl34rly 4 mut4t1on
EB: th3r3's no br1ght r3d blood on th3 h3mosp3ctrum
EB: th4t m4k3s your l1f3 not worth 3v3n 4 lusus sh1t!
EB: you'd just b3 4s much 4 fr34k 4s w3 w3r3 grow1ng up h3r3
EB: 4nd from wh4t 1'v3 s33n of you 1 wouldn't b3 surpr1s3d 1f you "h1d l1k3 4 b1tch" just l1k3 w3 d1d!

CG: WHAT THE FUCK
CG: WHAT DO YOU MEAN A MUTATION ALL HUMANS HAVE THIS FUCKING BLOOD COLOR

EB: but trolls don't!
EB: th3r3 1s 4 c4st3 syst3m on 4lt3rn1a th4t 1s d3t3rm1n3d 4ll on wh4t blood you h4v3
EB: rust r3d to must4rd y3llow 4r3 th3 lowbloods
EB: ol1v3 gr33n to t3al 4r3 th3 m1dbloods
EB: 4nd c3rul34n blu3 to v1ol3t 4r3 th3 h1ghbloods
EB: fuchs14 1s th3 rul1ng cl4ss 4nd th3r3's only 3v3r two 4t on3 t1m3
EB: 4nd h3y gu3ss wh4t br1ght fuck1ng r3d 1sn't on th3 l1st th3r3 p4l!

CG: WAIT WAIT HOLD YOUR FUCKING AND BUCKING HORSES THERE
CG: ARE YOU SERIOUSLY TELLING ME THAT OUR HOMEWORLD DISCRIMINATES BY FUCKING BLOOD COLOR?

EB: yes 1 4m!
CG: THAT'S SO FUCKING STUPID!
CG: YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE SOMEONE'S BLOOD COLOR UNLESS THEY'RE ACTUALLY BLEEDING
CG: HOW IS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHO IS WHAT JUST BY LOOKING AT THEM

EB: you'd b3 surpr1s3d how much bl33d1ng 1s don3 3v3n on 4 c4su4l d4y 4ctu4lly...
CG: THIS ALL SOUNDS LIKE A LOAD OF SHIT COMING FROM A BITTER TINY PUCKERED ASSHOLE POISED TO CRAP ALL OVER MY PEOPLE
CG: WELL GUESS WHAT
CG: I'M NOT BUYING YOUR STUPID FUCKING STORY ABOUT WEIRD HEMOBULLSHIT
CG: NEXT TIME YOU TRY TO TELL ME A FUCKING WHOPPER AT LEAST TRY TO PICK UP SOMETHING MORE BELIEVABLE WITH THAT DESICCATED ROTTED SPONGE YOU CALL YOUR BRAIN
CG: BYE IDIOT

crabbyGoliath [CG] blocked extantBacterium [EB]

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Post by RoyalFiddle » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:05 am

First of all, I really love this, it's a really good Swap idea that I haven't really heard any other versions of (Most people go for Troll!Kids and Human!Trolls instead of the Hiveswap style), and I feel like the story could go in a lot of interesting ways that I'd frankly love to read (Maybe even more than the Mayor Fanventure, that one, while still gucci as hell, hasn't been drawing me like this one). My question though, is that presumably if they ever get into game, how radically would things change? Is Bec still a thing, do they have different God Tiers, how does Doc feel about it all, etc. etc.. Basically, IT'S GOOD DO MORE :cool:
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

Nep
Pronouns: Any (Genderfluid)
Classpect: Rogue of Heart

Post by Nep » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:49 am

Do the kids fake having 6/6 names too and fake their horns?
Forum's Certified Nep. :nepball: || Rogue of Heart

SC
Pronouns: he/him

Post by SC » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:06 am

hey. i love this. please keep doing this. thank u
Check out my Homestuck fanpage!
(fanventures, fanfiction, and wikis, oh my!)

:distraught3d: website | mastodon :kitty: