[Fangame] Befriendus: A Beforus Befriending Adventure

Got an fandom-related project, site, or theme? Want to start one? Looking for fan meetups in your area? Post in here.
Alienoid
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Rogue of Mind
Moon: Prospit

[Fangame] Befriendus: A Beforus Befriending Adventure

Post by Alienoid » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:43 am

Sometimes, you just can't get enough of meeting one of the many brand new friends before you. #blessed

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://spritersblock.itch.io/befriendus
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/BefriendusGame
TUMBLR: https://befriendus.tumblr.com/
DISCORD: https://discord.gg/3v4wBzy

Hey all! I'm Alienoid and I'm the director of Befriendus, our fan-made answer to Pesterquest's lack of alpha troll content. The game will feature 12 familiar faces, but perhaps a little younger than you may remember them... I'm basically just so excited about this project that I found myself needing to shove this everywhere I could think of. I hope this project looks intriguing!

The first two volumes are planned to drop on 4/13, with future double-volume updates happening... as they happen. We'll do our best to keep you dancestor fans well-fed but we're only human.

for those who can't be assed reading alternian, that sign says "Cuddleplum Beforus." you're welcome
Last edited by Alienoid on Fri May 22, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I'm the director of Befriendus! Do you wanna make friends with alpha trolls? Check it out here:

Gio
Pronouns: its him
Moon: Derse

Re: [Fangame] Befriendus: A Beforus Befriending Adventure

Post by Gio » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:10 pm

wow! trolls
I'm making Pesterquest Modsuite! Write your own pq/friendsim routes!
Keep circulating the tapes.
you're
:⁾
welcome

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time

Post by RoyalFiddle » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:11 pm

Interested to see how the writing and art quality pans out! I always felt it was a shame the Dancestors weren't getting any volume's, they needed more characterization out of all of the trolls.
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:09 pm

RoyalFiddle wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:11 pm
Interested to see how the writing and art quality pans out! I always felt it was a shame the Dancestors weren't getting any volume's, they needed more characterization out of all of the trolls.
eh they could. We still need games for the time between act 3 and act 4 of hiveswap.. And hopefully not more cause that means further delays in development.. :jadesob:

Kidpen
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by Kidpen » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:19 pm

Why hello! It's me, here to ask a question on this thread that hasn't been commented on in more than a month!
Will this require Pesterquest to play, or will those of us who watch YT playthroughs going to have petition our favorite YouTubers to play it?
the epilogues were good.

Alienoid

Post by Alienoid » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:30 pm

Kidpen wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:19 pm
Why hello! It's me, here to ask a question on this thread that hasn't been commented on in more than a month!
Will this require Pesterquest to play, or will those of us who watch YT playthroughs going to have petition our favorite YouTubers to play it?
This won't require Pesterquest to play, no! It's going to be a standalone build, meaning those who've never had a Homestuck game on their computer before should be able to boot it up and make some Beforan buddies.

(that being said i would love to see some youtubers play it so maybe it's not entirely out of the question either.)
I'm the director of Befriendus! Do you wanna make friends with alpha trolls? Check it out here:

foreverFlummoxed
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:55 pm

I find that it ended up wonderfully that this will start releasing volumes 12 days after Pesterquest releases its final volume. I'm also curious as to how the release order will compare to the beta trolls. (not that I want to know, suspense is great after all, just like who will be paired up with who? and other things) Whoa, how will Damara's route be handled? (language barriers and all that)

Can't wait, I have a feeling that this "new friendsim" will be worth it. :olliesouty:
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

Alienoid

Post by Alienoid » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:22 am

Very minor progress update but for the sake of proving that this is still being worked on I figured I'd show a neat little easter egg! The skipping notification now resembles the command prompt boxes the walkarounds had. This isn't the only instance of updated UI, but it is the least spoilery right about now.

I'll be dropping some juicier teasers soon though, so keep an eye out for that.

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time

Post by RoyalFiddle » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:38 pm

That's still a decent snack sized amount of juice. It's like the kiddy sized jamba but shit, it's still that dope ass strawberry sweet
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

Alienoid

Post by Alienoid » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:19 pm

For those who haven't seen the sneak peeks before, Befriendus' UI is getting a fresh coat of paint! We're also returning to the classic hashtag dialogue system as seen in Openbound because we all obviously miss it dearly.

I am very proud of my MSPA icon-styled quickmenu and you WILL look at it.

Khiara
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Post by Khiara » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:06 pm

The UI looks so cute and comfortable. Can't wait for the release! :chummy:

"The Pir8's Daughter"

Visit my art gallery :
DeviantART

Alienoid

Post by Alienoid » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:15 am

Because the game's coming along so well, I figured I'd give you all a treat and give you a little sneak peek for the first route of Befriendus! You might even get to figure out who the first character you'll be encountering is, so pay close attention. ;)

happy ap

Alienoid

Post by Alienoid » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:15 am

Hey! Announcement! The first two dancestors have been implied revealed! We're not making the 4/13 deadline but I wanted to share some juicy tidbits anyway because I want people to be at least half as excited as I am, which is very very very very very much.

Also check this gorgeous menu music out, please, it's just. It's beautiful. It makes me cry and it's very very good.

Kidpen
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by Kidpen » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:34 pm

I am. So hype for this. You don't even know.
Any general info on a timeline? Like 'we think we'll have it within x' or 'it'll be at least x unit of time but we don't know how much after that's or anything.
the epilogues were good.

Alienoid

Post by Alienoid » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:19 pm

Kidpen wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:34 pm
I am. So hype for this. You don't even know.
Any general info on a timeline? Like 'we think we'll have it within x' or 'it'll be at least x unit of time but we don't know how much after that's or anything.
Thank you so much, that means a lot! We're aiming to release late April but it very well might take another few weeks. No idea how long we'll take between volumes but a couple of months per wouldn't be an unsafe guess.

Alienoid

Post by Alienoid » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:42 am

Alright let’s talk about hashtags. You may have noticed but I make use of them a lot in this project, and the title screen is no different. There’s going to be a randomised message greeting you on the title screen every time you pop by! It’s kind of like Minecraft’s splash text?

There are a LOT of tags you can get. The document basically turned into the team joking grounds. It’s like Twitter but way shorter and honestly way funnier if I do say so myself. Maybe. Possibly.

The best part is what happens when you complete a route:

MORE tags are added, and they’re character specific!

(Pro tip: you can click the logo to switch to a new hashtag instead of constantly clicking in and out of menus. Quality of life, yo.)

Honestly this is a very very small thing in the end but it’s fun so we did it. That’s all there really is to say on the matter. Enjoy!

Alienoid

Post by Alienoid » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:32 pm

Finally got around to adding a warnings button to the main menu like a reasonable and sensible person

Alienoid

Post by Alienoid » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:44 am

Remember Openbound? I remember Openbound. We made our choice buttons look like those walkaround command prompts, but with a touch of extra flair to the blinking arrow next to your selected option to make it look a little cooler. Do you like tweening? I like tweening.

p.s. we might be showing a sprite soon so buckle up

Alienoid

Post by Alienoid » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:11 am

Happy 4/20, I have some Meenah pics! Volume one of our dancestor befriending adventure stars Meenah Peixes. We hope you have a whale of a time with Beforus’ next in line for the throne. ;v

We’re looking for a late April release window so keep your eyes peeled!

Khiara
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Post by Khiara » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:39 am

BEAUTIFUL

Can't wait for the release! Everything about this project is beautiful!

"The Pir8's Daughter"

Visit my art gallery :
DeviantART