Homestuck Music Wiki

Got an fandom-related project, site, or theme? Want to start one? Looking for fan meetups in your area? Post in here.
florrie
Pronouns: she/they!
Moon: Prospit

Homestuck Music Wiki

Post by florrie » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:58 pm

More or less in reaction to the official Homestuck Bandcamp's flattening, I've made a new fan wiki which avoids the problems caused by that and adds a bunch of handy new features to boot. Check it out! Here are some key points:
  • Track art: Every single track has its original track art, plus credits to the people who drew it.
  • All albums: All the compilation albums have been expanded to their original albums. Solo and themed albums missing from the Bandcamp are present here.
  • Listening links: Easily listen to any track by clicking the link on its page.
  • Artist pages: See all the tracks written or collaborated upon by your favorite artists.
  • Artist commentary: Read artists' thoughts on their tracks, archived from their tumblrs and similar places.
  • Leitmotif/music references: See all the tracks which reference Doctor.
The site is still WIP and very, very young, so feel free to suggest any ideas and share feedback! Thanks for taking a look. :)
trans enby dog - she/they!

spankety

Re: Homestuck Music Wiki

Post by spankety » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:20 am

Official music, or are you going to work with fanmusic too? Somewhere in my messages i've been in contact with whoever made the extant Fanmusic Wiki, if they aren't already around here themself. Maybe they would be of help to this project, if it's to expand in that direction. But also, such an endeavor may be better served by Fanlore.org.

Re: leitmotif reference, there was a chart/site posted to Reddit......... last year? that did a T O N of work in this area both in published HS music and unpublished Sound Test music iirc.

florrie

Post by florrie » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:04 am

spankety wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:20 am
Official music, or are you going to work with fanmusic too? Somewhere in my messages i've been in contact with whoever made the extant Fanmusic Wiki, if they aren't already around here themself. Maybe they would be of help to this project, if it's to expand in that direction. But also, such an endeavor may be better served by Fanlore.org.
Just official music, at least for now. Having a site like this for fanmusic would definitely be neat too! It's just a project I'm not particularly working on right now. Technically the code could 100% support it well though.
Re: leitmotif reference, there was a chart/site posted to Reddit......... last year? that did a T O N of work in this area both in published HS music and unpublished Sound Test music iirc.
NSND, perhaps? That's what I used :P

Monckat

Post by Monckat » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:53 pm

this is awesome! i really appreciate the lists of all the music made by each composer, i've been looking for something like that for a long time.

i wonder if you ought to include tensei's Strife 2, as an album by an official composer referencing official motifs i personally consider it pretty much official.

florrie

Post by florrie » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:08 pm

Monckat wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:53 pm
this is awesome! i really appreciate the lists of all the music made by each composer, i've been looking for something like that for a long time.

i wonder if you ought to include tensei's Strife 2, as an album by an official composer referencing official motifs i personally consider it pretty much official.
thank you!! ive considered albums like those but decided against it to maintain an archive roughly equivalent in structure to (but more useful than) the bandcamp... but ive seen a lot of want for a site which includes unofficial albums too, and i can see the value in that, so like.. i am still considering it :P

(ps ooh im super behind but ive seen your fancomic, i really enjoyed reading what i have from it!!)

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage

Post by rookie1978 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:23 pm

i love this and im glad it exists

Darth_Energon

Post by Darth_Energon » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:20 am

Much appreciated.

SC
Pronouns: he/him
Moon: Derse

Post by SC » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:33 am

This is GOOD. My only nitpicks are that I'd probably change the site font from Times to Arial, to make it more like the Bandcamp.
Check out my Homestuck fanpage!
(fanventures, fanfiction, and wikis, oh my!)

:distraught3d: website | mastodon :kitty:

power464646
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Thief of Light

Post by power464646 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:38 pm

Me and a bunch of other folks over at UnofficialMSPAFans tried putting something like this together shortly after we released Land Of Fans And Music 4. I don't think we ever really completed it, but there's some information on it that could probably of some use to your wiki.

https://homestuck-and-mspa-music.fandom ... Music_Wiki

Kidpen
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by Kidpen » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:19 pm

Just gonna say that I've really been liking this and using it a lot. I will say that I would like a 'Page(s) this track was in' spot just cause I like having that information. Obviously it wouldnt apply to everything, but something to think about!
the epilogues were good.

foreverFlummoxed
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:40 pm

I am curious as to if pointing out small errors found on the wiki is allowed, I've found a few small things but don't want to seem like "uGh You DId a tHInG WRoNg anD i KnoW mOrE THan yoU" cause that just seems like a shitty way to be, at any time, anywhere, ever. (anyway there were three small things that I have found: The La2t Frontiier is spelled wrong, and both The Blind Prophet and Rex Duodecim Angelus do not list The La2t Frontiier as a track that they refernce)(also apparently Horsechestra STRONG Version references Staring but I have personally never been able to hear it)
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

florrie

Post by florrie » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:55 am

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:40 pm
I am curious as to if pointing out small errors found on the wiki is allowed, I've found a few small things but don't want to seem like "uGh You DId a tHInG WRoNg anD i KnoW mOrE THan yoU" cause that just seems like a shitty way to be, at any time, anywhere, ever.
thank you for asking! totally, please do tell me anything you notice - ill be sure to get them fixed right away and i very very much appreciate it when people tell me things like this, i want to make as complete and accurate a resource as possible :)
Kidpen wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:19 pm
Just gonna say that I've really been liking this and using it a lot. I will say that I would like a 'Page(s) this track was in' spot just cause I like having that information. Obviously it wouldnt apply to everything, but something to think about!
per popular request from you and others, this has now finally been implemented! have a look :D

Kidpen
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by Kidpen » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:09 pm

florrie wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:55 am
per popular request from you and others, this has now finally been implemented! have a look :D
Oh heck this is amazing. Thanks for all the work you do on this!
the epilogues were good.

florrie

Post by florrie » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:13 pm

with the release of DIVERGING DELICACIES, ive decided to add fan albums to the site! currently, only this new release has an album page, but you can expect to see the rest from unofficialmspafans soon. the homepage has been updated; track references are divided between official and fandom releases. have fun browsing! :olliesouty:

oh, also, remember: any feedback is always welcome here! id love links to other fandom-created albums youd like to see collected here; feel free to share!

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:07 pm

behold, the wondrous return of, uhh : POINTING OUT MISINFORMATION WHILE NOT TRYING TO SOUND LIKE A DOUCHE.

Flashes that include Harlequin (that aren't listed) [S] YOU THERE. BOY. and [S] ==> (page 338). page 338 also features JOHN DO THE WINDY THING from Land of Fans and Music Vol. 3 (no, I'm serious).

[S] ACT 6 INTERMISSION 3 GameGrl (1993 orig. mix) is actualy NOT the song that plays although it is an understandable mistake as the actual song has not been released: Image

It seems that whenever a page is worked on that page may "reset" the image used, so it might be something to watch in the future (this was my first conclusion i jumped to as soon after The La2t Frontiier was updated, the image was gone. so this may just be something went wrong at a strange time), also The Thirteenth Hour doesn't seem to have an image on it's page? I can't think of anymore that currently have an image issue without searching thoroughly so I'll leave it at that.

Keep up the good work! :rosecool: Love how this wiki has turned out so far!
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

florrie

Post by florrie » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:07 pm

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:07 pm
behold, the wondrous return of, uhh : POINTING OUT MISINFORMATION WHILE NOT TRYING TO SOUND LIKE A DOUCHE.
yo, tyvm!!
Flashes that include Harlequin (that aren't listed) [S] YOU THERE. BOY. and [S] ==> (page 338). page 338 also features JOHN DO THE WINDY THING from Land of Fans and Music Vol. 3 (no, I'm serious).
oh my god.

i was just listening to lofam3 for the first time today. thank you for this critical trivia. :')
[S] ACT 6 INTERMISSION 3 GameGrl (1993 orig. mix) is actualy NOT the song that plays although it is an understandable mistake as the actual song has not been released: Image
oh right!! i set it to GameGrl since it was the closest thing to the actual release - but ive got a new "unreleased tracks" collection/album which is a perfect fit for the track. thanks for reminding me about this!
It seems that whenever a page is worked on that page may "reset" the image used, so it might be something to watch in the future (this was my first conclusion i jumped to as soon after The La2t Frontiier was updated, the image was gone. so this may just be something went wrong at a strange time), also The Thirteenth Hour doesn't seem to have an image on it's page? I can't think of anymore that currently have an image issue without searching thoroughly so I'll leave it at that.
ooh, right. when i changed the name of the song, it changed the songs "directory" too, which is the kebab-cased-like-this shortcode used for the directory the track is outputted to - but also the expected filename for the track image, in its albums folder. so its looking for the-la2t-frontiier.jpg, and i forgot to rename the existing image file to the new name. thanks!
Keep up the good work! :rosecool: Love how this wiki has turned out so far!
thank you for the feedback and compliments!! theres going to be a fairly large new update out soon - next day or two, with luck; ill totes get these fixed. thanks for continuing to use the site and send feedback! :apple:

florrie

Post by florrie » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:39 pm

LoFaM, random track button, Vol. 5 art and more!

a large new update to the site has gone live! additions include:
  1. the Land of Fans and Music albums have been added, including full commentary for each album! i vastly underestimated the size of LoFaM 4's booklet; that's the main reason this update was delayed a couple days.
  2. Unreleased Tracks is a new album, containing such renowned tracks as Penumbra Phantasm, so that you can easily see where these tracks have been referenced and find links for listening to them online!
  3. a new random track button has been added to the sidebar of every album, and you can access a whole host of links at the Random Pages listing!
  4. the Homestuck Vol. 5 Anthology has been mirrored on hsmusic, to help people discover the amazing community track arts organized there!
  5. a number of minor fixes and tweaks have been made to make the site a bit cleaner in general. such includes: artists' art listings show who they collaborated with, a number of duplicate artist names have been combined, and various other typos have been fixed!
as always, feedback is appreciated!
thanks for continuing to use the site and send feedback :apple:

Makin

Post by Makin » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:52 pm

SBURB is online again! Now it can be linked on the respective wiki pages.

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:53 pm

yAY! Now all that's left is the Wanderers right?
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:21 pm

Wanderers, Prospit and Derse, and lastly Squiddles and that will be all the albums finally up again