favorite songs from the ost?

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
overThinker
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Seer of Light
Moon: Derse

favorite songs from the ost?

Post by overThinker » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:29 am

i'm really interested to see what others have to say regarding this because homestuck music was essentially my first creative outlet and is still pretty important to me. i remember learning to play moonsetter when i was twelve and being so proud of myself, lmao. my current favorites are probably even in death, doctor (or any variation), or dark rose/black hole/green sun.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Re: favorite songs from the ost?

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:38 pm

if i have to choose one i would say without a doubt derse dreamers (at x1,25). don't know why exactly, it just mixes the violin with the beat so well.
second close are the three versions of showtime cause, joder, the feels. they hurt my soul.
the third position would go to even in death (i like both, but Morra's mix is, imo, better than the original)
then there would be a bunch other like Savior of the waking world, you killed my father (prepare to die), beatup, time on my side, umbral ultimatum, doctor, of gods and witches that i love but not that much.
:rosecool:

overThinker
Classpect: Seer of Light

Post by overThinker » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:30 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:38 pm
if i have to choose one i would say without a doubt derse dreamers (at x1,25). don't know why exactly, it just mixes the violin with the beat so well.
second close are the three versions of showtime cause, joder, the feels. they hurt my soul.
the third position would go to even in death (i like both, but Morra's mix is, imo, better than the original)
then there would be a bunch other like Savior of the waking world, you killed my father (prepare to die), beatup, time on my side, umbral ultimatum, doctor, of gods and witches that i love but not that much.
derse dreamers is definitely good, it's one of the few songs of the ost that can stand alone as a song without a need for any associations with flashes or plot points. i love savior of the waking world too but that's what makes me unable to just enjoy it as a song, it feels like it needs the accompanying animation to induce its full effect.

also i forgot to mention ugly betty earlier lol

Dorfde
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Hier of Light
Moon: Prospit

Post by Dorfde » Mon May 04, 2020 7:11 pm

I'm personally unsure when it come's to this. I have a lot of favorites, but I either change my mind about them or just forget they even exists. I think for now my favorites are "Sburban Jungle", "Time on my side" , "Heir of Grief", "Fiduspawn, Go!", "Rex Duodecim Angelus" and "Moonsetter".

Bahinchut

Post by Bahinchut » Tue May 05, 2020 8:25 pm

Black is a classic. More recently I've gotten into Superego from Colours and Mayhem, ominous moody songs are exactly my cup of tea. Speaking of moody, I'll insist until the day I die that Ace of Trump is one of if not the best songs in the entire Homestuck library. It's even better with rain effects.

baseybol
Pronouns: she/they
Classpect: Fangirl of Bone

Post by baseybol » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:46 am

I probably would say that Pendulum,Clockstopper and Orchid Horror from Colours and Mayhem Universe B are very underapreciatted and honestly should receive more love
what the sneef... it snorfing here :nepball:

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:41 am

Sunslammer, Savior of the Waking World and "Homestuck"

pure kino

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

javitaxy
Pronouns: she/he/they
Classpect: Mage of Heart

Post by javitaxy » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:12 pm

Never stopped to think of my favorite song before. I have listed my favorite albums but in terms of songs...
It's probably a lot haha, but I can highlight Gold Pilot, Even in death (T'Morra's ver), Dawn of Man, Temporal Piano, Three in the morning (any ver).... ahaha

My absolute favorite album is Cherubim though.
:ecstatic: Ey

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:18 pm

Galaxy Hearts, Black, Crystamanthequins, and Purple Bard.

Gold Pilot, Fuschia Ruler, Cascade, and Eternity Served Cold have also always been really up there for me.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

FurretKnightofMind
Classpect: Knight of Mind

Post by FurretKnightofMind » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:48 pm

i fucking looooove savior of the waking world

LunaLattex
Pronouns: she/they
Classpect: Maid Of Space

Post by LunaLattex » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:35 pm

fucking heir of grief
-Luna :perky:

princeofThelustful
Pronouns: He/It + Neo pronouns
Classpect: Prince of Light

Post by princeofThelustful » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:37 pm

My, i think it would be Feferi's theme song, Serenade, Homefree, Temporary, Any many others! i have alot of favorites but if you cant tell, i have a taste for this kind of music! ♥︎
~Love, Prince of lust Image