give me your absolute favorite fics

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
eddie_morton
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: page of void or doom or
Moon: Derse

give me your absolute favorite fics

Post by eddie_morton » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:41 am

all ships & any sort of subject matter is good with me. i just wanna read some a1 stuff...do include trigger/squick warnings tho.

+ please don't post fic that's based off of the post canon content...sorry

i'll come back & edit this better later probably (somehow, it's nearing 3am??) but here are fics i really really love:

john attempts to lure dave into occult nonsense. very very funny imo. chatlog fic

post game deal in which the kids move to singapore

au rose centric, focuses on her relationship with the outer gods

another post game fic; rose & kanaya go shopping

cozy kid au fic.

i've always loved this brand of bro interpretation...crucify me

tz & gamzee tear one another down on the meteor
TT: You know you like the mannequin dick. Accept it.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Re: give me your absolute favorite fics

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:01 am

i think theres already a thread (?)

anyway, my favs are:
-John: try to understand||a clusterfuck of ideas that change sburb completely, making it more brutal and unforgiving
-The kids arent alright||a sadstuck that i dunno, got me hard
-Battlestuck||battleroyale but with homestuck (duh)
-The greatest witch ever||a fantasy setting where rose is a witch and go adventures with john and co
-Pony pals (duh)||duh
-Sail the black ship||a crackship that i absolutely love: john<3<Kanaya
-Crossroads||zombies yo
---a saga consisting of three fanfics---
-Rose: do the light thing
-Rose: Pester John in real life
-John: Pester everyone in real life
:rosecool:

syrupsand
Pronouns: any
Classpect: confusing af no idea

Post by syrupsand » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:04 pm

i really liked herding cats a lot, its basically nepeta shipping everyone

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:39 pm

Excerpts From an Unholy Union

This fic's summary is so fucking good that it immediately grabbed me and made me read it. Here it is: Calliope works as the inexplicable sole employee of a combination Pizza Hut/Taco Bell. Despite their best efforts to satisfy any customer that comes their way, work can be very tiring, and with sleep comes a very, very shitty brother. Shenanigans take center stage inside this hellish duo of restaurants, piloted by an asynchronous pair.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

Khiara
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Post by Khiara » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:51 am

I usually don't read long multichapter fanfics much, so I'd just put my favorite oneshots here

Stupid emotions
8a8y it's cold outside (this one is a short multichapter)
Because JohnVris

The Gam8lignant's Wwaltz
Because DualFang

Evening on, and Twilight grey (Rated M)
also because DualFang (and for me, it's a great depiction of kismesissitude)

"The Pir8's Daughter"

Visit my art gallery :
DeviantART

Bahinchut

Post by Bahinchut » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:03 pm

Sadly I can't find the fic nor do I even remember the name. The premise is this, the trolls land on earth in a universe where the kids live in close proximity. They have to protect them from the clutches of Jack Noir and his subordinates who are portrayed as FBI spooks. It's like ET only instead of a bicycle chase at the end, Karkat and Feferi make out.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:54 pm

DOWN by GreyscaleCourtier is the fanfic that dragged me back into Homestuck kicking and screaming in 2015. It is an absolutely brilliant, tightly written, fast-paced monster of a fanfic that does not stop for even a MOMENT before shit hits the fan, then the windmill, then the entire goddamn turbine gets attacked by a shit tornado until it breaks and out pops Gl'Bgolyb out of the sea into the brains of children turned into monsters by Betty Crocker during Project Zodiac. Goddamn, it is so fucking good.

The Legitimate Businessman series by Halberdier is also an absolutely wondrous thing, it's got Intermission characters, Problem Sleuth, sprinkled with stabdads and a truly PETRIFYINGLY UNEXPECTED twist in the third story that caught me so goddamn off guard I fell out of bed and had to scream for a bit because I did not see it coming and yet it made perfect sense. It's so fucking good, man.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

leijon
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: witch of heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by leijon » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:38 pm

Kit's in the Furtograph by Java_Bean, a short gen fic about davepetasprite and roxy hanging out post game. really cute
Dubious Quest #413: The East Stargo Vampire by the same author, a 15k word rose/kanaya fic where rose runs a paranormal investigation tv show and visits a town called east stargo to explore reports of a vampire in the town's midst. my favorite au rosemary fic its REALLY fun.
Human After All, or, the Universal Ineptitude that Comes with Sentience by obstinateRixatrix, a 2k word oneshot about how the rosemary meteor date went in the post-retcon timeline. a classic and one of my favorite fics. i think it deals with rose's character and how her addiction and preexisting emotional hangups affect her relationship and how they move past those things together in a really realistic, touching and concise way.
The Neon Bible by tactfulGnostalgic, a 120k+ word chaptered janeroxy fic that takes place in an alternate universe approximation of earth B where the condesce took over the earth but brought the trolls with her. roxys a young woman in a world slowly being swallowed up by the ocean when she gets hired [without applying] to be the heiress, jane crocker's bodyguard. my favorite homestuck fic of all time i recommend this to everyone i meet. it was started and mostly written before post canon content began coming through last 4/13 so the depictions dont reflect anything like that at all. highly recommend

eldomtom2
Pronouns: fuck off

Post by eldomtom2 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:06 pm

Enforced Cultural Exchange It's Johnkat fluff, and NSFW Johnkat fluff at that, but it's redeemed by its remembrance of the fact that trolls are an alien species.
Testify Fun reinterpretation of Gamzee's rant. The other two stories in the series aren't anything to write home about, though.
The Other You After It All Ends A satisfyingly melancholy conclusion to Tavros' story.
You can't bury a planet (but you sure as hell can try) The sort of thing that really should have been in the epilogues. It's nice to finally see the characters properly react to the obliteration of their homes and the extinction of their species.
Secret Godstuck Fun and fluffy.
Zero Punctuation: Sburb Notable for just how well it captures Yahtzee's reviewing style, not just in the humour but also in the criticisms made - this is a semi-legitmate review of Sburb as a game.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:46 pm

eldomtom2 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:06 pm
Zero Punctuation: Sburb Notable for just how well it captures Yahtzee's reviewing style, not just in the humour but also in the criticisms made - this is a semi-legitmate review of Sburb as a game.
thank you so much for this. i love you.
:rosecool:

Mandy
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Mandy » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:40 pm

Sburb Glitch FAQ Not a typical fic, but one of the best. It's exactly what it sounds like.