Some Theores about Narrators and Cherubs from Hussie's current commentary stuff

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
thorondraco

Some Theores about Narrators and Cherubs from Hussie's current commentary stuff

Post by thorondraco » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:36 am

Basically he made a commentary, and a fairly straightforward one, talking about how he imagined that there are a lot of beings within a frog that, behind the scenes of it all, act as the Frog's biologicaly systems. The most obvious being Cherubs who can act as both the immune system or as hostile bacteria, probably as a balance, and referring to stars and planets as like the Frog's cells.
Meaning there could be other creatures like the Cherubs out there.

And even more so this explains why Cherubs were never meant to play the game. They are part of the natural systems of the Universes, meant to do that balance of good and evil behind the scenes. As such they appear to be more naturally connected to the energeez of the Universes and paradox space. That is their purpose.

and it kinda really shows how perhaps not only Caliborn, but Calliope, are like a cancer. They are 'cells' of the body that has overtaken the host completely. Arguably of all paradox space.

His commentary also continues his statement of how Lord english is a amalgamation of self inserts of hussie and meta villains. How he is hte anti of all elements of a story from the author, the narrative, and the readers themselves. IIiit also gives a disturbing implication that Lord english did, himself, have some level of influence over the narrative. Because his apparent last act of defiance to us is preventing us from seeing his defeat until Dirk stepped in.
Oooof course this might be Hussie using his black magic again and turning a mistake into 'it was totes how it was supposed to be all along!' as he does. Still it shows what is basically a cell in the body, becoming beyond any singular Frog in totality. Cancer. And Alt calliope is arguably a cancer herself... a mutation perhaps could be another term though. Kinda shows some hypocrisy don' it?

It kinda convinces me that there really was a timeline that was overwritten by John. But that is for another time i think.

it also puts the whole idea of 'cherub venom' into a new light though. If they are naturally the immune system of a frog and arguably paradox space... maybe they have a means of eliminating someone like John. Maybe the whole Soul Destruction thing actually has nothing to do with any particular aspect of lord english and more that he is a Cherub.

Its good when Hussie gifts us with food for thought and not force us to chew our way through grissly trolling.

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Re: Some Theores about Narrators and Cherubs from Hussie's current commentary stuff

Post by RoyalFiddle » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:53 am

I think you got the wrong meaning from those commentaries cause I didn't glean anything of the sort from reading them. At the very least, maybe say which pages you got this idea from so I can take another look and see if any of this has merit?
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

thorondraco

Re: Some Theores about Narrators and Cherubs from Hussie's current commentary stuff

Post by thorondraco » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:08 pm

RoyalFiddle wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:53 am
I think you got the wrong meaning from those commentaries cause I didn't glean anything of the sort from reading them. At the very least, maybe say which pages you got this idea from so I can take another look and see if any of this has merit?
Forget/don't know the page. its in the very latest book and it is talking about how hussie imagined that Cherubs were like cells or bacteria in a body for the Frogs, implication there could be more entities that function similarly.
The statement of 'lord english didn't let us see his defeat' is stated by hussie in another bit of commentary and considering the whole Narrative control stuff going on, the only way he could have is if he had control enough to prevent it. so extrapolating it a bit.

It can be hard to figure out if hussie is genuine bout something or fucking torlling us, but when it statements like this it seems more genuine. with the lord english one, its ismply taking into account how we know their world works atm.

the Cancer metaphor works still if cherubs are meant to be parts of the pardox space's anatomy.

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:51 am

I think Aranea is terribly mistaken when she calls the green cherubs benevolent and the red cherubs malevolent.

I think green cherubs are cancerous, but red cherubs are more like viruses, or maybe just death.
TT: But in the process of killing him and you, I release your master, who is just as deadly?
He's more deadly.
But the danger he poses is sanctioned by paradox space.
It is a known quantity. His very existence in a universe will mean it will inevitably be torn apart.
Yeah. That's how it should be. One universe dies and another universe takes its place. It evens out.

I actually have no idea what the point of green cherubs are? They're supposed to protect things but I thought that was the role of first guardians. I'm feeling dumb right now.
only bad takes here

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them
Moon: Derse

Post by VASKA » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:27 pm

TH4NK YOU B3N wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:51 am
I think Aranea is terribly mistaken when she calls the green cherubs benevolent and the red cherubs malevolent.

I think green cherubs are cancerous, but red cherubs are more like viruses, or maybe just death.
TT: But in the process of killing him and you, I release your master, who is just as deadly?
He's more deadly.
But the danger he poses is sanctioned by paradox space.
It is a known quantity. His very existence in a universe will mean it will inevitably be torn apart.
Yeah. That's how it should be. One universe dies and another universe takes its place. It evens out.

I actually have no idea what the point of green cherubs are? They're supposed to protect things but I thought that was the role of first guardians. I'm feeling dumb right now.
First Guardians are specifically meant to protect planets with sentient life. Green cherubs seem to protect whole solar systems, with or without life in them.
Only cuties survive the near future