How did you get introduced to Homestuck?

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
javitaxy
Pronouns: she/he/they
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Re: How did you get introduced to Homestuck?

Post by javitaxy » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:00 am

I found some fanart on tumblr of Karkat and Terezi. Beside her was the quote "IM GOING TO CUT YOUR THROAT AND LISTEN TO YOU BLEED WHILE I SMELL YOU DIE" which I thought was really cool. I was just getting into anime so I thought it was one, and since I was looking for new things I researched a bit about it. I put it on hold until I got sick and had to stay in bed for a couple of weeks, so I read it all. This was on August 2013.
:ecstatic: Ey

loomingDoom
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Knight of Light

Post by loomingDoom » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:49 am

I tried to get into Homestuck 3 time but the long chat logs put me off and how slow the intro is (I'm a sucker for action stories) that was until i discovered Voxus... yes i'm a filthy voxus homestuck fan XD

distractedArtist
Pronouns: She/her
Classpect: Rogue of Heart

Post by distractedArtist » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:50 am

My friend was the one to get me into Homestuck, and I've been a fan of it ever since. I use Pesterchum often and enjoy talking to my friends on there.

NovaStirner
Pronouns: They/She
Classpect: Seer of Blood

Post by NovaStirner » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:07 am

Group of friends attempted (and kinda failed) to make a Homestuck club in our discord server and i eventually got interested in reading it and i thought to myself that hey, it'd be nice to have a thing to obsess over the first half of this year, so i decided to go with Homestuck. As it turns out, a fair amount of my peers really liked homestuck/were getting into homestuck around the same time as much and ever since then (feb 2021) its become my special interest and it'll probably remain that way

Krabkat
Classpect: Witch of Heart
Moon: Derse

Post by Krabkat » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:15 am

I knew about it for years with no interest of getting into it, back when it was huge. A friend of mine on Tumblr managed to convince me to start reading it in 2018 or so, and I read the first ~400 pages, starting at like 2 or 3 am that day (night?). I thought it was okay but kind of forgot about it until I randomly remembered that I'd never finished it in late November 2020. I've pretty much been obsessed since early December 2020.
Hi, I am your resident Dirk apologist. Total Strider simp. I'm sorry that I always sound like an asshat.

rapturousBlasphemer
Classpect: Witch of Rage

Post by rapturousBlasphemer » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:39 pm

I had like heard of it in like 2014 or around the time. Because yknow. It was the mid 2010s and I was a semi regular tumblr user. After a while I decided to check it out for some reason, forget why. Actually got a good bit in before I just dropped it for some reason. Kinda forgot about it for a few years until randomly last year the magic of the YouTube algorithm struck and just decided I wanted to watch Homestuck content reminding me of its existence and yeah. Ending up reading it all in about 3 months.
WOw! :rorb:

mortiferousLathe
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Mage of Mind

Post by mortiferousLathe » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:49 pm

My friend was reading this page in the middle of class in 2015 and laughing at it. He kept quoting it when talking to me and I asked what he was reading. All he would say was "Homestuck," and no matter how many times I asked what it was about, he would just tell me to read it for myself and find out. I had heard of Homestuck before on the internet, and I thought it was only about "the gray people with horns" (as I used to put it before reading it). It kind of annoyed me a bit to read hundreds of pages without any sign of the trolls anywhere (Jade and Rose are some of my favorite characters nowadays though), and I actually quit twice before finally hunkering down and reading it towards the end of 2016. I finished in about two months, and I got a small taste of what it was like to wait for updates before the main webcomic ended.

candleWick
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Douche of Light

Post by candleWick » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:35 pm

Heard about it a bit online because i was in the UNDERTALE fandom for a while, then my sister started reading it and got me to read it and now i really love it! Now I'm reading Homestuck with my friend and he really likes it too. (As of posting this he's currently on Act 5, Act 2.)

moonObssesed
Pronouns: he/zim/bees
Classpect: Maid Of Hope

Post by moonObssesed » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:39 pm

i was sucked in though a portal called broadway karkat
:P

aquaticFoxfire
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Doom

Post by aquaticFoxfire » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:34 am

I guess I just found it one day. I was fixated on UNDERTALE dispite not being able to play it.
So I guess i just found Homestuck and read it because I could. (Unfortunately I couldn’t pass the one bit that was broken so I forgot about it for three years).

Then fast forward to summer 2020. I just thought about reading it again.

So far I turned out great!

read Memes and Memories
What to do now? is another project I've got.
also go read AfterLife

zealousZombie
Classpect: Witch Of Life

Post by zealousZombie » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:53 pm

So Basically
FuryForged Played Hiveswap
zeal~
(Something Something Homestuck. :orange:)

Some-Girl
Classpect: Page of Void

Post by Some-Girl » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:42 pm

my sibling started reading it and would not stop talking to me about it. I was not much of a reader at the time but then my bro showed me [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus and that pushed me to actually start reading it.
plz read my sburb webcomic
https://mspfa.com/?s=42911&p=1

- [SG] :kitty:

TellTaleTypist
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Seer of Time

Post by TellTaleTypist » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:23 am

My brother hounded me into reading it and then fell out of love with it pretty much right as I started getting really into it. Now it's 10 years later and I still can't shut up about it while couldn't care less about it lol.

Chemol
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Page of Space

Post by Chemol » Fri May 06, 2022 5:41 pm

i dont really remember what it was, but i think it was this one video about a now lost media fancomic called "Be the lowblood seadweller". the song they used in the video was a cover of "Poor Unfortunate Souls". who did the cover? THE FUCKING JONAS BROTHERS (lighthearted)

adorableGluttony
Pronouns: He/They

Post by adorableGluttony » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:00 pm

Some guy on an autism support forum I used to frequent (yes I’m autistic) made a post mentioning his love/hate feelings towards Homestuck Trolls. I was curious about it so I googled Homestuck.

I’ve been into Homestuck for so many years that my brother remembers me talking about it way back when he was in high school. He’s in his mid-twenties now.

AutisticTussler
Pronouns: he/him

Post by AutisticTussler » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:45 pm

I'm pretty sure I was first introduced to it via [S] Gamzee: Sing a song about things. after that, I watched a few more videos without context and I stopped. Fast forward to May 2022. I suddenly get an influx of Homestuck content on my TikTok FYP. after that I get intrigued and read Homestuck. 3 months later, I'm on page 6453.
my favorite fruit is :orange:

contrabandToxicant
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Mage of Space

Post by contrabandToxicant » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:36 pm

Massive nagging from friends LOL! I read some of Act 1 back in school in like 2014 but I couldn't get into it. Came back several months ago and I've gotten well into Act 5 now!

compassionateCrafter

Post by compassionateCrafter » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:08 am

there was this fucking parody of gentleman by psy. with gamzee. this is the few artifacts of the song from it i can find:

Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Classpect: Sylph of Heart

Post by Avatar Mary » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:43 am

a good friend of mine told me about it back in 2012