My last thread!

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
Guy-Rocketram
Pronouns: He Him
Classpect: Bard of Blood

My last thread!

Post by Guy-Rocketram » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:27 am

Goodbye everyone!
i think im done with the forums
i was here for a while and im done now. everyone there seemed friendly, but i found the place more depressing then anything else.
all it really felt like was people complaining about Homestuck. it was obvious none of you really liked the comic at all, but all forced to stay simply because you didn't know of any other stories, to talk about.
I feel like I'm the last person to sincerely like Homestuck, at this point.
so before i leave may i last one question. why do you stay? why don't you just move to somewhere else. why do you discuss and argue about something you all hate? do you all just like arguing? nothing wrong with that, i'm just curious.
we're on some kind of mission

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath
Moon: Derse

Re: My last thread!

Post by egg » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:43 pm

Because hatred means apathy. Because hating something takes emotional effort. The fact we complain means we love Homestuck, and we have loved Homestuck for a very long time. If I didn't like Homestuck, I wouldn't be here. And if I didn't like Homestuck, I wouldn't bother to criticize it. You criticize somethinge because you care and because you want it to be better.
Besides, I'm not just here to talk about Homestuck. If I wanted to do that, I'd make a tumblr. I'm here to make friends with likeminded people who share a similar background of interests.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

pfeffer-29
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Heir of Mind

Post by pfeffer-29 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:38 pm

It may not seem like it, but a lot of the people being negative (myself included) also really like Homestuck, but there are things we dislike about it and we can't express our opinions on Homestuck without including those things. So, here's some stuff I like about Homestuck:

1. art good. art consistently good. art gets progressively better throughout the comic.

2. the characters are great. the main four are great and the trolls are memorable.

3. Doc Scratch and Bec Noir are genuinely terrifying villains and I love them.

4. motifs! chess motifs, card motifs, billiards motifs! motifs everywhere.

5. time shenanigans are always cool. I especially liked the converging of everything in [S]: Cascade.

6. not Homestuck, but Aradia's route was the best one in Pesterquest. time shenanigans and good writing!! yesssssssss

7. coming in at a close second is Dave's route, which is well-written and good bi representation! it's really nice to have some good bi representation in Homestuck.

8. HIVESWAP

9. the worldbuilding is weird and stupid and amazing. alien planet run by children? video game that trains you to be a god? eldritch abominations? sign me up!

10. the colors! holy crap I love all the trolls' designs. how in the world did Hussie make dark yellow look good? no frickin idea, but it worked! and the use of complementary colors, hoo boy. Terezi's Mindfang outfit is just red and cyan but it looks so good!

I don't argue about Homestuck because I don't like Homestuck. I argue about Homestuck because I do. If the people arguing about Homestuck truly hated it, we'd all frick off to other fandoms and never come here in the first place. Lord knows that'd be easier than yammering on about this weird, wonderful webcomic.
you can pry karezi out of my cold dead hands

ThePungeonMaster
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:44 pm

My stance is similar to those already expressed here. The reason why I sometimes shit on Homestuck is because we've seen it at it's best, and what is being done now is far from it's best. Granted, it is still good, I still like Homestuck^2 and Pesterquest, and I still think they're compelling stories. But compared to the instant classic Homestuck was, it's not great. I criticize Homestuck because I like Homestuck and want it to be better, I'm not just being spiteful.
That and, Homestuck, in terms of overarching lore, is the most in depth and fun to explore of any other piece of media I've seen. I could yak for hours about all the little complexities that make me love characters like Vriska and Dirk. And I just think stuff like that is fun to discuss.
June X Vriska is the best ship.

Sahxyel

Post by Sahxyel » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:50 pm

Guy-Rocketram wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:27 am
so before i leave may i last one question. why do you stay? why don't you just move to somewhere else. why do you discuss and argue about something you all hate? do you all just like arguing?
Well, for one this is MSPA Forums and not Homestuck Forums despite the prodigious amount of Homestuck material we have here. So I can certainly stay for something I do unironically love that is so shamelessly unappreciated. Problem Sleuth is still the best!

For two? I like certain parts of Homestuck, I was COMPLETELY sucked in and in-love with this comic when I read it in 2015. That impression of love dwindled and then eventually turned into how I feel about Star Wars right now: massively disappointed, marginally disgusted, and holding onto the Mandalorian as the only actually good bit left over that has any kind of worth I care about compared to the rest of the garbage (Hiveswap, it's Hiveswap that is the Mandalorian equivalent).
:professor: Honeybee Professor Says: Problem Sleuth is better than Homestuck!

It's a mathematical fact!

classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light

Post by classpectanon » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:52 pm

a: No beefing.

b: this is not an airport. there is no need to announce your departure.

Locked since this thread was not made in good faith to begin with.
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.