Classpect discussion

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
Eromancery

Classpect discussion

Post by Eromancery » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:36 am

We should probably get one of these going, huh?
Talk about classpects! What's yours? what do mages do? bard codpieces: great or AMAZING?
What is a juggalo?
A juggalo
That's what it is
Well, fuck, if I know
What is a juggalo?
I don't know
But I'm down with the clown
And I'm down for life, yo

barexamkind

Re: Classpect discussion

Post by barexamkind » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:31 am

Witch of Light:

Ability to control manipulate fortune, knowledge, and attention/importance.
I'm not sure how to phrase this very eloquently but I'd probably be the most effective distraction possible other than a Heir or Lord of Light.
Apart from manipulation of luck, I wouldn't have many offensive skills afforded to me by my classpect. However, manipulation of knowledge seems like it could be extremely terrifying if fully realized.
for more bad takes and atrocious vibes, follow me on twitter!
https://twitter.com/barexamkind

warren

Post by warren » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:35 pm

im a mage of hope!! i see mages as a knowing class and due to their active nature they end up being harmed because they Know Too Much, even if they arent aware of it. they channel their aspect through them and in the beginning its definitey working against them. for me, i am way too passionate and convicted. to the point ive gotten in real trouble because im stubborn and wont sway from my own beliefs. for sollux, every aspect of his life was surrounded by death. he heard the voices if the about to die, and he saw the deaths of his friends and himsef in the future due to his vision twofold. all of this caused him to undergo a personality change , as told by kanaya here
931C850D-F112-4EC6-ABBF-DE7B157965F5.jpeg
931C850D-F112-4EC6-ABBF-DE7B157965F5.jpeg (21.35 KiB) Viewed 39232 times
He isolated himself from his friends
1) because he was frustrated with them not believing him, boiling it all down to his melodramaticness
2) in the hopes that would make all the death and suffering STOP.

eventually, however, mages are able to get a hold of the reigns and use their knowing too much in ways that dont hurt them. for me, i can use my passion to inspire others and maybe like jake, the sheer hope of something could make it actually happen. mages are p neat
i love me some classpects
mage of hope :cool3d:

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:03 pm

Bard of mind.

I don't really know what my powers would be(?) I guess that since mind is decision related (I think) I influence other people decissions in a way that lead to some kind of destruction(?). I dunno.
:rosecool:

Sahxyel

Post by Sahxyel » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:06 pm

Last time I checked I was an Heir of Space! Space is about a few things like creation and I'm pretty into that given I was obsessed with genetics since middle school, draw creatively, and even want to have my own kids! Heirs meanwhile feel like they inherit their Aspect as they embrace it, and for good or bad I feel like that's me too. AltCallie's infamous 'Space means being alone' line sometimes feels like it applies to my own life because I often become socially isolated and as a result feel very lonely because of it. It's broken up by very rare opportunities to come into my own and BE the big star of the show...if only for a brief moment. I just wish those moments happened more often.

I dunno what would happen to me in an actual session, though some have observed that I could pull a sn0wman and become Space itself? Not sure, need more elaboration.
:professor: Honeybee Professor Says: Problem Sleuth is better than Homestuck!

It's a mathematical fact!

Sokota
Pronouns: he/they

Post by Sokota » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:23 pm

Mine is Seer of Void!

to be honest, I haven’t really thought about it too deeply. I see it as someone who understands mysteries and see paths and ways of action that others don’t!

Drinosi
Classpect: Mage of Blood

Post by Drinosi » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:09 pm

I am a Mage of Blood.

One who has been through a lot, but has learned so much through experience. A master manipulator able to get the job done through strong leadership and saying the right things at the right time to make sure things happen as they are supposed to. Extremely empathic and compassionate. One who sees the suffering of others, and always wants to 'do' something, but not being able to necessarily show those feelings. Internally, the Mage of Blood wants to help, but externally, they don't always do so. Mage of Blood can read people easily, and use that to their advantage, whether it be to help the group, or to stop someone from doing something. Mage of Blood can be easy to talk to and share things with, because once someone gets past the barriers, they find they have a strong ally who will be loyal to the end.

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage
Moon: Prospit

Post by rookie1978 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:54 pm

The REAL question: Which classpect has the best color and outfit combo? Prince of Time looks really cool IMO

Razzykins

Post by Razzykins » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:02 pm

Bard codpieces are necessary. Are they good? Are they bad? Is a cool breeze good? Is a tsunami bad?
The codpiece is tenement to a force of nature, an element of the bard. I can't call them great or AMAZING, because they just are.
Now, to answer the first question second, I've been named an Heir of Hope recently, and previously a 'Monk' of Blood. Monk coming from some odd classpect test that used fan classpects...

And, for the REAL question, what color and outfit is the best combot, there's only one REAL answer... Knight of Rage.
GAME OVER
Try Again?
- No ->No

-----
Donate to my Patreon! Every dollar helps!

Prime

Post by Prime » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:50 pm

rookie1978 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:54 pm
Prince of Time looks really cool IMO
Princes are always popular among ocs, with Time and Mind in particular. In truth, I think the Prince wouldn't rock their tights if they didn't totally fucking own them :cool:. I'm guilty of having a Prince of Mind oc myself.

My grasp on each individual hero title is basic at worst but I absolutely love the system as a toolset for deconstructing characters to understand them and their narrative better. Of course, real people don't have a narrative looming over them. But it's still fun finding your own title!

Oh, and godly codpieces are physical manifestations of big dick energy.

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage

Post by rookie1978 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:58 pm

Prime wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:50 pm
rookie1978 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:54 pm
Prince of Time looks really cool IMO
Princes are always popular among ocs, with Time and Mind in particular. In truth, I think the Prince wouldn't rock their tights if they didn't totally fucking own them :cool:. I'm guilty of having a Prince of Mind oc myself.

My grasp on each individual hero title is basic at worst but I absolutely love the system as a toolset for deconstructing characters to understand them and their narrative better. Of course, real people don't have a narrative looming over them. But it's still fun finding your own title!

Oh, and godly codpieces are physical manifestations of big dick energy.
I've been writing my fantrolls based off classpect analysis's. Not entirely, obviously, but it's surprising how much inspiration you can get off the 12 for 12 system.

bathtimebird
Classpect: Prince of Time

Post by bathtimebird » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:04 pm

Classpects are pretty fun. I'm particularly fond of the Rage aspect. Although we got a good idea of what Rage does in the comic based on Gamzee's actions, I don't think we've ever had a proper demonstration of Rage used for good, because no classpect is inherently good or bad.

I've been told by an expert that I'm a Prince of Time. I don't like classpecting myself because I can never fucking decide what I am, so I'll trust his analysis.

Prime

Post by Prime » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:22 pm

rookie1978 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:58 pm
I've been writing my fantrolls based off classpect analysis's. Not entirely, obviously, but it's surprising how much inspiration you can get off the 12 for 12 system.
That's why I think classpects are so cool insofar that specific combinations of class and aspects by themselves are basically stereotypes. Caricatures essentially that many people can fit into resulting in almost limitless versions of the same titles! Also why I don't find fan titles very attractive but all to their own.

barexamkind

Post by barexamkind » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:24 pm

personally, I've always thought witches/heirs had the best outfits ngl
for more bad takes and atrocious vibes, follow me on twitter!
https://twitter.com/barexamkind

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:26 pm

Last time I got quizzed about my classpect, I came up as a Prince of Doom, which is cool with me desu.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

Darth_Energon

Post by Darth_Energon » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:35 pm

I got uhhh fucking Mage of TIme on a Classpect quiz and that sounds fine to me
Last edited by Darth_Energon on Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

warren

Post by warren » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Darth_Energon wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:35 pm
I got uhhh fucking Mage of TIme on a Classpect quiz and that sounds fine to me
Mage of time is my ocs classpect :rosecool: i think theyre neat as fuck
mage of hope :cool3d:

KnightOfRage413

Post by KnightOfRage413 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:52 am

I gave a really passionate lecture on Twitter about how I interpret Rage as an aspect and how that intersects with being a Knight. I kinda think we Rage players got shafted, our canon representation is clowns, literally.
Homestuck since Oct 2014. I run cosplay meetups! Check out @ addriblack on Insta and Twitter. :pumpkin:

sigmatic
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Rogue of Life

Post by sigmatic » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:13 am

Last time I did a Big Classpecting Session the result was Rogue of Life because I fit in the profile of giving all my energy to others while trying to do too many things at once myself :lime:
Rogue of Life
forums? more like BOREums har har

Daz

Post by Daz » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:13 am

Extended zodiac got me time, and the two classpect quizzes both got me prince of time, so... I guess that's it. Reading upon it after it got one thing right, as I tend to hurry through things and being very anal how I spend my time to the point I end up wasting large chunks of it by mistake, and I feel I'm in a rush most of the time.
Personally I'm more interested in classpects regarding the personality sense rather than actual powers (like a shitty version of Myers-Briggs but with ridiculous pajamas).