SBURB + Early Programming-esque Mechanics

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
aspiringWatcher
Pronouns: he/they
Classpect: Allegedly Scribe of Life
Moon: Prospit

Re: SBURB + Early Programming-esque Mechanics

Post by aspiringWatcher » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:12 am

calamityCons wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:55 pm
Always wondered why the kids didn't ever make cooler outfits by combining their God Tier clothes with their previous clothes. A tuxedo version of the Heir of Breath pajamas would be fuckin SICK.
I know Hexane did that but idk why Hussie decided to limit outfit cross-alchemizing to Meenah tampering with her Thief outfit and Rose making a date dress.
The world is vast and full and wonders, no matter what they tell you.

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage

Post by rookie1978 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:26 am

aspiringWatcher wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:12 am
calamityCons wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:55 pm
Always wondered why the kids didn't ever make cooler outfits by combining their God Tier clothes with their previous clothes. A tuxedo version of the Heir of Breath pajamas would be fuckin SICK.
I know Hexane did that but idk why Hussie decided to limit outfit cross-alchemizing to Meenah tampering with her Thief outfit and Rose making a date dress.
Caliborns time lord outfit also got ripped up. Someone could, theoretically, disguise their god tier status by wearing normal clothes.

asocksual
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: seer of space I think

Post by asocksual » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:22 pm

Probably the alchemy system because I find the way it works really interesting with how much grist it costs to make something based on how complicated the idea of it, and i want to wear the Dress of Eclectica.
:kitty: hi.

Radical Dude 42

Post by Radical Dude 42 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:36 pm

Cyber-Fan wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:43 am
I wish Collide had had at least one character weaponizing their sylladex again. Huge missed opportunity that would have been really easy to include.
I would have loved to see some sylladex weaponizing in Collide. It would have been the perfect like, wrapping-up thing! The sylladex (and how to use it in strife) is the first thing you learn about in Homestuck, so it would have been supremely cool to end with it!

Actually, some time ago, I was kind of re-thinking Collide to be a little more classic MSPA-y, and I had the idea that John and crew would have beat Lord English by using the Fetch Modus Control Deck (another forgotten thing) to combine ALL of the sylladice they had, and then weaponizing that in some way. I guess that ultimately would've just like, shot objects at English, but whatever. I think I also had thought about using Die's voodoo dolls and Stitch's effigies to harm the big man himself, but that's dipping away from early-mspa-programming-mechanics and more into... I dunno, early-mspa-puzzle-mechanics. Which is still way cool, but not the topic of this thread.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom
Moon: Derse

Post by calamityCons » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:51 pm

What if they defeated Lord English by captchaloguing him in that Ultimate Sylladex and then having Karkat take the card and captchalogue that into his impenetrable Code Breaking modus. Then he'd double that, and the fucking card is as good as gone.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:14 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:51 pm
What if they defeated Lord English by captchaloguing him in that Ultimate Sylladex and then having Karkat take the card and captchalogue that into his impenetrable Code Breaking modus. Then he'd double that, and the fucking card is as good as gone.
Isn't there a modus that destroys shit if not used correctly? Just yeets it into the ether, never to be seen again?

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:39 pm

rookie1978 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:26 am
Caliborns time lord outfit also got ripped up. Someone could, theoretically, disguise their god tier status by wearing normal clothes.
that's not really a theoretical, Vriska was doing it for pretty much her whole session
mod on the mspa wiki

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage

Post by rookie1978 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:05 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:39 pm
rookie1978 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:26 am
that's not really a theoretical, Vriska was doing it for pretty much her whole session
didn't cross my mind, your right

Roxy
Classpect: Mage of Mind

Post by Roxy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:13 am

calamityCons wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:37 pm
The alchemy binges were some of the best parts of Homestuck for me. I'm a sucker for dress-up games and I'm a creative person to the bone, so seeing the WHACKY SHIT that these dumbass little kids thought would be cool is really exciting.

I love seeing the fucking ridiculous weapons.

I love seeing the gorgeous collection of kickass outfits.

And of course, who could forget MAGNETIC WODKA?

God yes. I dont care about anything else in this thread the alchemy system was so underused and unappreciated. Just combining any two items? Was so fucking dope. I was so sad when i got past the betas alchemy binges and the entire system just got. Ignored. Beyond making white sword and dice hammer.
Could yall imagine if they took the idea of recursive item fusions? Think shity sord && Caledfwlch. Useless? Probably? Funny? Absolutely. Imagine LE chocking to death on that while voring paradox space. Now THATS a good ending :mutie:
I don't know dude, i just- I just drink blood dude
I'm going to dismantle the concept of government

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:39 am

Combine Caledfwlch with SORD....
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

sumiwrecko

Post by sumiwrecko » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:20 pm

If there wasn't smth like that already going on with the alchemy fight redux thread, I'd defs try to do that similar thing of "take a few base items and combine them into infinity"

Roxy

Post by Roxy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:25 am

calamityCons wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:39 am
Consider!!! The possibilities. It would be super cheap and shitty and mass producable, and even cheaper if really small, and then you could just make like, a billion. And let them pollute paradox space with anti-LE microplastics. Like choking turtles with straws but on purpose and way shittier

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time

Post by RoyalFiddle » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:43 am

Roxy wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:25 am
calamityCons wrote:
Consider!!! The possibilities. It would be super cheap and shitty and mass producable, and even cheaper if really small, and then you could just make like, a billion. And let them pollute paradox space with anti-LE microplastics. Like choking turtles with straws but on purpose and way shittier
Fuck I love that, I feel like Dave had a great potential to game the hell out of the seassion, but outside of the ECONOMY, never really did.
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

Roxy

Post by Roxy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:58 am

RoyalFiddle wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:43 am
Roxy wrote:
calamityCons wrote:
Fuck I love that, I feel like Dave had a great potential to game the hell out of the seassion, but outside of the ECONOMY, never really did.
God the fucking economy. Yknow what i was gonna criticize dave for never exploiting anything but upon remembering it was probably just hussie and also you reminding me of the stocks I HAVE to reconsider. Gaming the stocks in a video game is such a funny concept to me and i love that thats how he decided to make money. Dude could gone and created then bet on with future sight, sports on his own world. But this man realizes and KNOWS. No game mechanic can ever be more broken than a market that can be inflated. From my own experience in really niche weirdo MMOs, gaming the stocks is the #1 way to reach integer limits. A power move that not even paradox space could stop him from making. One on the same level id say, as breaking one’s own death clock. God the economy was so underdiscussed and underused in homestuck i feel betrayed now that you made me remember it

RoyalFiddle

Post by RoyalFiddle » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:25 am

I make people feel betrayed, it's what I do
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND

Roxy

Post by Roxy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:37 am

RoyalFiddle wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:25 am
I make people feel betrayed, it's what I do
You arent responsibly fiddle, we all know who’s really responsible for the removal of game mechanics from canon (eyes everyone in the fandom at that time that simply demanded quick and quality plot moving updates with no room for fleshing of game mechanics)

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:08 am

Roxy wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:58 am
RoyalFiddle wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:43 am
Roxy wrote:

God the fucking economy. Yknow what i was gonna criticize dave for never exploiting anything but upon remembering it was probably just hussie and also you reminding me of the stocks I HAVE to reconsider. Gaming the stocks in a video game is such a funny concept to me and i love that thats how he decided to make money. Dude could gone and created then bet on with future sight, sports on his own world. But this man realizes and KNOWS. No game mechanic can ever be more broken than a market that can be inflated. From my own experience in really niche weirdo MMOs, gaming the stocks is the #1 way to reach integer limits. A power move that not even paradox space could stop him from making. One on the same level id say, as breaking one’s own death clock. God the economy was so underdiscussed and underused in homestuck i feel betrayed now that you made me remember it
Gaming the stock market is the only way to max out a character in Trove. Which is great because that means flexing on all the poor-boys in the marketplace with lodsemone afterwards.

sumiwrecko

Post by sumiwrecko » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:40 am

It'd be pretty epic to see all of these concepts expanded on, but I think if that were a possibility, considering the wiiiiiiiide range of what one could possibly conceive with any of these worlds, you'd have to expand on them individually
As cool as it is, with any story like HS, I don't think Hussie ever planned on expanding on something like the stock market in such an open ended game, but it'd be interesting to see how that could also be developed
Then again, that goes for everything, really

RoyalFiddle

Post by RoyalFiddle » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:26 pm

But, but that's the beauty of FanFiction. Even if it isn't canon, as a FanFiction author, you get to pave the way in expanding on the aspects you want expanded on, and allow others to bask in that beauty. Honestly, it's kinda great.
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND

eddie_morton
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: page of void or doom or

Post by eddie_morton » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:26 pm

bumping this, because it's a cute thread
TT: You know you like the mannequin dick. Accept it.