POSITIVE Unpopular Opinions Thread!

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
gutza1
Pronouns: Male
Classpect: Mage of Space
Moon: Prospit

Re: POSITIVE Unpopular Opinions Thread!

Post by gutza1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:16 pm

Alright:

Johnvris, Daverezi, and Jadekat are good ships.

asocksual
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: seer of space I think
Moon: Prospit

Post by asocksual » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:45 pm

The Alpha kids? Just as good and fun as the Betas.
:kitty: hi.

pfeffer-29
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Heir of Mind
Moon: Derse

Post by pfeffer-29 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:06 pm

aspiringWatcher wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:56 pm
an opinion on my own:

karkat and terezi's relationship had a positive influence on both of them, be it romantic or wholly platonic
I was boutta post something about Karezi, but you beat me to it. Their interactions were fun and they seemed to genuinely care for each other. They had chemistry, though what kind it was is up for interpretation; I saw it as romantic. I'm quite miffed that they haven't had a single conversation since the retcon. But I'll lay off the retcon for a bit; this is a thread of wholesomeness and I'd rather not ruin it.

In conclusion: I'm not sure that "karezi good" is an unpopular opinion, but it is positive, so here I am!
you can pry karezi out of my cold dead hands

Flame_Warp

Post by Flame_Warp » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:30 am

The Condesce is an interesting character marred only by a lack of screentime. She's a sappy bitch being half-forced to play the villain (Not that she isn't one already, but not entirely) by Scratch (for making Alternia the perfect place to pretty much ruin her) and LE (more directly). Note how when she gets to the session, her first action is gathering up what amounts to her family. It's a bit twisted because she's just too much of an Alternian and too entrenched in that for it not to be, but it's what she does. The extinction of humans wasn't just an act of hatred towards the human race, but a desperate woman, believing herself to be the last of her kind, scrambling to revive her people and failing miserably. She married the same man in two different timelines.

It's even implied via Beforan Meenah that the whole violent line of succession isn't even entirely something she wants to do. She apparently has some kill switch in her brain that just makes it near-impossible to keep herself from reacting violently around other fuchsias, even though she very much wanted to be friends with Feferi (keep in mind this is a Meenah who knew and hated beforan Fef, and still wanted with all her heart to be friends with Alternian Fef).

She's one of my favorites, and it's only partially because I think she's hot.