Jade Harley Appreciation Thread

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them
Moon: Derse

Re: Jade Harley Appreciation Thread

Post by VASKA » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:14 pm

egg wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:58 pm
calamityCons wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:22 pm
I am not really clear on what the aspects mean to signify metaphorically. Oftentimes the classpect system comes across to me as nonsense or inherently contradictory because it isn't something that was meant to be so supremely important. Many fan-made theories on how classpects work and what they represent tend not to have too much consistency between them, so I think this is just another example of an aspect being a general superpower?
The real hot take is that Classpect has literally nothing to do with your personality and Calliope literally just made it all up. We have no evidence otherwise besides off-site sources like the EZ.
I don't think Calliope "made it all up". There are very observable trends across characters with the same aspect, but the fact that it's often so vague and abstract makes it hard for a reader to be able to say definitely "oh, that's a light thing" as opposed to "oh, that's a serket thing", and there's another layer of complexity to it in that a lot of aspects overlap with each other and there are gaps in the system.

But with that in mind, Hussie has classpected actual people, most notably Cohen (page of blood iirc) and considering Cohen neither exists in a fictional narrative nor has any superpowers that we're aware of, I think it's safe to say it means something in relation to personality, we're just left a little vague on the "what".
Only cuties survive the near future

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:00 pm

VASKA wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:14 pm
egg wrote:
calamityCons wrote:
I am not really clear on what the aspects mean to signify metaphorically. Oftentimes the classpect system comes across to me as nonsense or inherently contradictory because it isn't something that was meant to be so supremely important. Many fan-made theories on how classpects work and what they represent tend not to have too much consistency between them, so I think this is just another example of an aspect being a general superpower?
The real hot take is that Classpect has literally nothing to do with your personality and Calliope literally just made it all up. We have no evidence otherwise besides off-site sources like the EZ.
I don't think Calliope "made it all up". There are very observable trends across characters with the same aspect, but the fact that it's often so vague and abstract makes it hard for a reader to be able to say definitely "oh, that's a light thing" as opposed to "oh, that's a serket thing", and there's another layer of complexity to it in that a lot of aspects overlap with each other and there are gaps in the system.

But with that in mind, Hussie has classpected actual people, most notably Cohen (page of blood iirc) and considering Cohen neither exists in a fictional narrative nor has any superpowers that we're aware of, I think it's safe to say it means something in relation to personality, we're just left a little vague on the "what".
I mean I do think it's real, considering that I've been following it for like 6 years now. I just think that if you want to like, interpret it as solely a powers thing, you probably could.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

Leddy
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life
Moon: Prospit

Post by Leddy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:44 pm

It's Jade week on Tumblr apparently, so I'm going to post some Jade fanart from it (It's just begun)

Code: Select all

https://ghxsthoodie.tumblr.com/post/189244483114/i-am-so-excited-for-jade-week

https://fourcatssushi.tumblr.com/post/189289481819/day-1-of-jade-week-i-kind-of-fucked-up-her

https://teethandeyes.tumblr.com/post/189241129557/quick-jade-sketchdoodle-since-im-very-excited
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread

Leddy

Post by Leddy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:23 pm

Had to share this one it's amazing oml

https://jade-week.tumblr.com/post/189300188519/spectraltopaz-jadeweek-day-1-magic-i-was-so

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan

asocksual
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: seer of space I think

Post by asocksual » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:09 pm

:kitty: hi.

Leddy

Post by Leddy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:58 pm

asocksual wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:09 pm
https://66.media.tumblr.com/45d0fc9d4e5 ... b2199a.pnj
I drew this for jade week
Can I ever tell you how much I love this? Because I love this and it's awesome.

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan

Leddy

Post by Leddy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:25 am

This one stunned me, have to share.

https://jade-week.tumblr.com/post/189306255687/crystalrina-jade-week-day-1-magic-i-looked

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan

gutza1
Pronouns: Male
Classpect: Mage of Space

Post by gutza1 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:00 pm

Hot take, I think Jade should have gotten with Karkat.

Darth_Energon

Post by Darth_Energon » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:06 pm

gutza1 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:00 pm
Hot take, I think Jade should have gotten with Karkat.

I'm inclined to agree, I really liked their interactions in Act 5 Act 2.

Leddy

Post by Leddy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:09 pm

Jadekat is valid.

https://dandomroodles.tumblr.com/post/189313124666/jade-week-tuesjade-aesthetic-day-id-like

https://aeritus.tumblr.com/post/189301217071/oh-shoot-its-jade-week-of-course-gotta

https://mayzi-artz.tumblr.com/post/189313365925/this-turned-out-simpler-than-i-originally-intended

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan

Leddy

Jade Harley's Birthday!

Post by Leddy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:54 pm

It's Jade's birthday, celebrate the best character in Homestuck's birthday thank

https://candyvoncaramell.tumblr.com/post/189413455036/all-the-days-that-i-hadnt-had-time-to-post-before

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan

aspiringWatcher
Pronouns: he/they
Classpect: Allegedly Scribe of Life

Post by aspiringWatcher » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:11 pm

Happy birthday, a silly girl with a lot of flowers.
The world is vast and full and wonders, no matter what they tell you.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:17 pm

oh my god this is so much fun

Happy birthday Jade!
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

pfeffer-29
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Heir of Mind

Post by pfeffer-29 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:48 pm

Jade's not my favorite character, but I still think she deserves a happy birthday, some headpats, and a nice nap. In her worst moments, she's boring and quite one-dimensional, but in her best, she's the most genuinely kind and funny of all the beta kids. If a Homestuck property ever does her wrong again, I shall REVOLT. Jade deserves better than what she got.
you can pry karezi out of my cold dead hands

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:14 pm

VASKA wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:14 pm
egg wrote:
calamityCons wrote:

Jade sadly has contradictory aspects, and it is like paradox space itself forces her to be passive despite her active personality. As if its afraid.

It should be. Imagine if she got retcon powers instead! Jade is just awesome.

From what I can guess nature and nurture are parts of it. Nature is the aspect, as trolls of the same sign have the same aspect, and nurture is the class, the personality that forms and the talents they develop.
Course paradox space's whole narrative bullshit controls the course of life that leads to the class. But it is still nurture.

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:33 am

thorondraco wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:14 pm
From what I can guess nature and nurture are parts of it. Nature is the aspect, as trolls of the same sign have the same aspect, and nurture is the class, the personality that forms and the talents they develop.
Course paradox space's whole narrative bullshit controls the course of life that leads to the class. But it is still nurture.
Class and Aspect are both nature, as can be seen by Bro's behavior still being similar to what a Prince of Heart does, amongst other examples (such as all of the post-scratch equivalents of the pre-scratch kids, The Sufferer being more of a guiding force (like a Seer) than anything else, which is reflected in Kankri, as well as having visions of Beforan society (Society being a concept linked to Blood), etc.). Actually, the question of nurture has been attempted to be tackled various times over the course of the classpect subfandom, with the most recent (and currently popular) example being oD's roleplaying theory. The idea here is that Classpect as a system is naturally imperfect - people won't really fit neatly into boxes. And there have been attempts to justify unusual behavior, such as bladekindEyewear claiming that Jade's passive behavior early on was inversion, to varying degrees of success.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:08 am

egg wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:33 am
thorondraco wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:14 pm
Class and Aspect are both nature, as can be seen by Bro's behavior still being similar to what a Prince of Heart does, amongst other examples (such as all of the post-scratch equivalents of the pre-scratch kids, The Sufferer being more of a guiding force (like a Seer) than anything else, which is reflected in Kankri, as well as having visions of Beforan society (Society being a concept linked to Blood), etc.). Actually, the question of nurture has been attempted to be tackled various times over the course of the classpect subfandom, with the most recent (and currently popular) example being oD's roleplaying theory. The idea here is that Classpect as a system is naturally imperfect - people won't really fit neatly into boxes. And there have been attempts to justify unusual behavior, such as bladekindEyewear claiming that Jade's passive behavior early on was inversion, to varying degrees of success.
It makes you wonder if hussie really intended it to be that complicated or he simply adopted the theories peeps were making.

Think with paradox space is that its controlling Shitty Dm like nature makes it hard to figure it out. Cause even while it seems clear that if in a vacuum anyone could become anything least in terms of class, the Narrative forces them to be a class via a controlled form of nurture. All incarnations of Kankri are seers. All incarnations of Meenah are thieves, etc. Basically the empress is a woman child pirate who was put in charge of an entire society.
And it seems like Doc Scratch and the Handmaiden had to babysit the bitch so she wouldn't be overthrown. Which is hilarious.

I've honestly been developing a theory that everything we know about paradox space is an artificiality. Basically because of a statement that both John and now Dirk have made. About how what people with this kind of power over narrative can make their actions appear like they were always supposed to happen, both to viewers and to those in universe. Had john kept to the shadows he could have retconned all of homestuck without us knowing.
Its like when an author changes course in their direction. By all means, if they do it right, we would never know.

CelticCavalry
Classpect: Mage of Breath

Post by CelticCavalry » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:28 am

Good dog
Best friend
Bestest girl
Attachments
tumblr_92b4be2cd96866b04526034db66614e8_d6d6465b_640.png
tumblr_92b4be2cd96866b04526034db66614e8_d6d6465b_640.png (94.64 KiB) Viewed 15478 times
there is hope.png
there is hope.png (168.78 KiB) Viewed 15478 times
minijade.png
minijade.png (10.24 KiB) Viewed 15478 times
USER WAS SHOT BY [REDACTED] FOR THIS POST

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:58 am

where are the first and third images from? the second one has a watermark so that one is clear.
only bad takes here

CelticCavalry
Classpect: Mage of Breath

Post by CelticCavalry » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:55 am

TH4NK YOU B3N wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:58 am
where are the first and third images from? the second one has a watermark so that one is clear.
They're both from gummybear2379 and smolstuck (both on tumblr)
USER WAS SHOT BY [REDACTED] FOR THIS POST