Forgotten/Underappreciated Characters

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
bathtimebird
Classpect: Prince of Time
Moon: Derse

Re: Forgotten/Underappreciated Characters

Post by bathtimebird » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:26 am

Dad Egbert and Dad Crocker. Complete badasses who can kick dersite ass and love their children to death. I'm still mad John never got to reunite with his dad, all he got was Jane's dad, who didn't even know him and probably wondered why the fuck his dad was a 16 year old kid with blue pajamas. He also had his own wallet! I bet that confused the hell out of him but oh well. :jadesob:

Tarty_

Post by Tarty_ » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:37 am

If AR got the ring instead of that useless courier then Jack would be filled with holes by the end of Cascade and LE would be next on the list. Rest in peace dude. Then there's characters who just straight up disappeared like B2 Draconian Dignitary or Sawtooth and Squarewave.

Sahxyel

Post by Sahxyel » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:41 am

rubs juice wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:14 pm
The entire carapacian race, mainly

They're such an important part of SBURB and they were literally thrown aside so the alpha kids could talk about their teenage drama. The one carapacian everyone remembers, WV, is reduced to a silly comic relief that does absolutely nothing and that Dave and Karkat pretend is their small child they have to care for and protect. And when they get to Earth C, WV gets to rule a carapacian KINGDOM. D'you know how insulting that is for his character arc?! The republican revolutionary who named himself the MAYOR because he hated KINGS and MONARCHY? Jesus. He died and we don't even get closure on how and why. Probably out of spite for these squishy-skinned people who don't bother to listen to him

And the injustice doesn't even stop there, on the snapchat upd8s, Bec Noir being basically equated with Slick and given the leadership of the Felt is such a disservice to Slick's character. He didn't fight an exact replica of himself from another universe and face his internal demons just so a dumb one armed fool can wobble in and take his place of leadership as if they were the exact same person

Yeah I'm salty, a little bit.
This hits a hard bullseye on everything from Spades Slick to WV to PM to DD, it feels like DD and CD in the Alpha session were even wholesale forgotten which I thought was mega weird. F to Mayonaka's Pendant too.
:professor: Honeybee Professor Says: Problem Sleuth is better than Homestuck!

It's a mathematical fact!

seerofheart
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Heart
Moon: Derse

Post by seerofheart » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:57 am

I like to think the Four Kingdoms formed in the 5000 years between Can Town and the characters returning, because it hurts less to imagine the Mayor died in vain than to think he ended up betraying his democratic ideals and became a King.

The Writ Keeper is without question the most underappreciated character in HS. Dude literally dies within a minute of his introduction!

But in terms of major characters I think the most cast aside is Feferi. Every little bit of her character is recycled into someone else?

Cool Fish Pisces Troll? Meenah.
Mistress of Death and the Afterlife? Aradia.
Sollux's girlfriend? Aradia (at least Aradia was Sollux's girlfriend first.)
Heiress to the Condesce who wields a trident? Jane (and also Meenah to some extent.)

Feferi deserved better.
Welcome back to 2007

xxSeerxofxHeartxx

You're keeping in step
In the line
Got your chin held high and you feel just fine
Because you do
What you're told
But inside your heart it is black and it's hollow and it's cold

asocksual
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: seer of space I think
Moon: Prospit

Post by asocksual » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:17 am

Oh my god, i have a lot.
okay so basically all carapaces everywhere but especially aimless renegade, who sacrificed himself for WV and seems to have just been completely forgotten by everyone! Maybe if we had gotten to inhabit the dear Mayor's perspective again we could have had him remembering AR, but that's not what happened and I'm salty
Also Feferi! Seerofheart, I don't think I could've said it better myself.
With how little people talk about Aranea, it's easy to forget how much of a presence she was in the story for a while, even though she's basically the reason game over happened.
But because I'm me, I must say that I think that the cherubs are the most underappreciated as the beating heart of homestuck's story. I'm glad that some recent stuff has reinvigorated interest in them, if nothing else, but still. I miss them
:kitty: hi.

Darth_Energon

Post by Darth_Energon » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:55 am

MorganMustDie wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:38 pm

bill.
Bill was right

Cheshire_Creeper

Post by Cheshire_Creeper » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:50 am

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:53 am
Cheshire_Creeper wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:18 pm
Leprechauns.
Where are my Leprechauns.
These bad-at-their-jobs bois have more power than most of Paradox Space,
Are basically a traveling circus for Jujus, the most powerful things in said Universe,
And their antics are pretty darn funny,
Plus more lore!
BUT NOPE. NOBODY CARES. ONLY ME.
:sob:
>Liking the leprechauns
but why
BECAUSE THEY ARE COOL AND AWESOME AND STUPID AND FUNNY AND I LOVE THEM AND THEY CAN BE USED TO TALK ABOUT THE POWERS OF OTHERS SIMILAR TO THEM
THEY ARE ALSO GANGSTERS AND HAVE PUNNY NAMES
I have an ill-advised plan...what else is new?
https://mspfa.com/user/?u=108518406857173018839

MorganMustDie
Pronouns: f

Post by MorganMustDie » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:21 pm

Darth_Energon wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:55 am
Bill was right
Bill saw Hussie's unprofessionalism coming years in advance
he tried to warn us and we did not listen
Image Perfection.

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage
Moon: Prospit

Post by rookie1978 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:25 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:53 am
Cheshire_Creeper wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:18 pm

BUT NOPE. NOBODY CARES. ONLY ME.
:sob:
>Liking the leprechauns
but why
The Felt were great, and had the best Intermission if not the best part of Homestuck.