Worst Character?

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
Notchine
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Worst Character?

Post by Notchine » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:27 am

i guess tavros, considering he's literally my least liked character in all of homestuck and reading through his dialogue just feels like a drag

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:35 am

I've recently decided that any iteration of Jake, whether English or Harley, is my least favorite character by a gabillion miles. He was born a murderer.
only bad takes here

overThinker
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Seer of Light
Moon: Derse

Post by overThinker » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:40 am

i'm so tired of vriska dude. she allows the story to have lazy writing because she's the only character that they ever make do important things. i don't care that much but she's been steamrolling the story since act 5 and it's getting kind of old lol

PurplePest29
Pronouns: He/him

Post by PurplePest29 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:30 pm

I think even a hateable character like Jake is better than someone like feferi who feels as though they barely even exist. Its for that same reason that i really love the whole gamzee/jane/jake thing in candy. Beautifully painful :relaxed:
Uwuw capitawism :lime:

IamtheFather
Pronouns: GOD

Post by IamtheFather » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:19 am

My worst character pick in homestuck is anyone who's dialogue I get bored reading. Like Tavros, Feferi, and Jade but only half the time.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:04 am

PurplePest29 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:30 pm
I think even a hateable character like Jake is better than someone like feferi who feels as though they barely even exist. Its for that same reason that i really love the whole gamzee/jane/jake thing in candy. Beautifully painful :relaxed:
Think after the pesterquest the only character we don't really understand right now IS Gamzee.
jake's whole issue is being non-confrontational which coincides with some of his selfish behaviors too. He can be self absorbed in the same breath as he is trying not to hurt anyone's feelings.

Gamzee... We only now that his pie eating acted as a kind of self medicating, whether deliberate or not. He obviously fought against his growing insanity from there. But we don't really know who gamzee IS.

IamtheFather
Pronouns: GOD

Post by IamtheFather » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:35 am

Worst Character is john becuase he's boring boy

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:24 am

Acts 1-5: Eridan, not because he's a bad character but because he just didnt do much to be honest. I would say nearly none of the characters in acts 1-5 are really bad, but you really feel some got WAY more attention than the others.

Act 6: Vriska after the retcon. She feels like a completely different character and the excuse "uhhh John punched her and now she's good again" is fucking pathetic. What I enjoyed about Vriska is that she was a huge manipulative asshole that would do everything, be it good or bad in order to be the most RELEVANT person ever, and not some weird "I will guide you to victory!!!!!!!!" fire emblem bullshit character.

Epilogues: Just about everyone that wasn't John.
I actually tought Dirk and Alt!Calliope fighting for narrative control right in the middle of narration was really cool and interesting but its a shame they didnt go further with that.

HS^2: Dirk. That's not even a hard question.
"nooo you don understand! it's DEEP because its META!!!"
fuck off

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

PurplePest29
Pronouns: He/him

Post by PurplePest29 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:30 am

OK but ggamzee is a juggalo and juggalos are universally funny
Uwuw capitawism :lime:

ZingDev
Pronouns: Male

Post by ZingDev » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:13 pm

Calliope

FruityRumpusAsshole
Pronouns: owo/uwu

Post by FruityRumpusAsshole » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:47 pm

I Believe That The Worst Character In Homestuck Is Dirk Strider.

Dirk Has Been Flanderized To The Point Where He Is Unrecognizable From His Original Form. Dirk Is An Uncompelling Villian Without A Strong Driving Motive. He Just Became A Villian For No Particular Reason And Got A Vague Boring Powerup That Only He Can Control For No Particular Reason.

Dirk Should Have Died In Both Candy And Meat.

ClownHornHonk
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ClownHornHonk » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:57 pm

oh boy, we are in dangerous territory now.
HoNk :o)

Cherry_Bugs_
Pronouns: They/them

Post by Cherry_Bugs_ » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:07 pm

tajazzled wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:17 pm
hussie
s a m e
maybe follow me on tumblr? https://cherry-bugs.tumblr.com/ or maybe my ao3?? (i will be posting homestuck fics in the future) https://archiveofourown.org/users/Cherry_Bugs or maybe join my hs discord server? https://discord.gg/S2wHY4g

:mutie:

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:31 pm

Gamzee and Dirk are tied in first place, Rosebot is pretty bad. Calliope in most forms is kinda eugh.

I cannot think of anyone as pointless as Jake except for Feferi.

ThePungeonMaster
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:05 pm

Feferi is the worst character IMO, just because I could not give less of a shit about her. Maybe Jane could contest that spot, because I generally just forget she exists half of the time. I even didn't like Gamzee even before he went psycho and killed everyone, and if anyone was to hold the top spot as character I like the least it's Gamzee hands down, but that's not the mark of a bad character to me. A good, hateable, villain is just as compelling as a good, likable, hero, but if I don't care if a character lives or dies, then that makes them objectively bad. They fail as a character.
June X Vriska is the best ship.

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:39 pm

Vriska, if only because the franchise increasingly and repeatedly tries to excuse her and shove her into the spotlight.
Other characters with shitty traits have not been treated nearly as kind. (Gamzee got a redemption arc in Candy, but he was locked in a fridge for however the fuck long, and was still implied in Candy as a child abuser, then killed off again. Eridan was sawed in half and quickly forgotten about until he was fused into Erisolsprite. Equius' death was a fetish joke. Ultimate Dirk has been narrative-centric in HS^2, but he's also been treated as the main villain of this arc.)

Vriska actively and maliciously abused Tavros because... she could. Because she wanted to. Even when he was trying to avoid her. She's an asshole.

Gamzee is another one I just find painfully unfunny, and roll my eyes every time he shows up. Even before he sobered up. Honestly, him sobering up made him more interesting as a character to me, but not enough to actually like him.
But at least he actually suffers consequences and gets talked down by the narration for the shit he does.

Other characters I don't actively hate, but do find extremely boring: Jane, Jake, Tavros, Jade, Nepeta, current timeline Calliope (Callie), Feferi

I would mention some of the dancestors too, but I think Hussie said somewhere that they were specifically made to be unlikable besides Meenah and potentially Aranea, so that goes without saying.
Besides, a lot of them barely have a character as it is.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

eddie_morton
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: page of void or doom or

Post by eddie_morton » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:37 am

most of the dancestors, for the sole reason of them being nothing but memes and caricatures. karl was right when he said they were all named carlos
TT: You know you like the mannequin dick. Accept it.

Bahinchut

Post by Bahinchut » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:04 pm

Tavros!!!!!!!!

terezis_gay_lusus
Pronouns: she/he/they/it/god
Classpect: Thief of Light

Post by terezis_gay_lusus » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:29 pm

So in Homestuck, there's no single character that I just can't stand. Even though I find John to be boring, I still admire him because he's the "hero" of the story and he's kinda cool I guess. And Cronus, though he's a total dick, is still funny and I've laughed at some of the things he's said.
However, Jane Crocker. Oh my goddd. This girl annoys me so much. From the moment I was first introduced to her in the comic, I kind of knew I wasn't going to like her.
First of all, Jane is a terrible friend. Not just to Jake, but to Roxy and Dirk as well.
Jane and Jake have known each other for a while, and she knows that he is oblivious. She knows he doesn't catch on to social cues that easily. I don't think that her being upset he forgot her birthday is an overreaction. But I do think that the way she went about it was really shitty.
She hit her true feelings of anger from him until she finally blew up. She was still vague, even when she was yelling at him, and didn't even really try to resolve the problem.
Also, she never made any kind of effort to be decent towards Dirk until Jake and Dirk's relationship ended, because all she ever saw him as was competition.
Not to even talk about this comment she made to Roxy:
Jane: I THINK I LIKED YOU BETTER WHEN YOU WERE DRINKING!
Roxy: jaaane no
Roxy: dont say that
Roxy: i had a problem :(
So yeah, I fucking HATE Jane Crocker.
TT: How cool do you think it is having my own godawful personality mirrored back at me all the time, reminding me what it must be like when other people have to deal with me?
TT: Do you have any idea how fucking sick I am of myself?

harmoniousCalamity
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Lord Of Doom

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:35 pm

I'm going to go with my reactions over the course of my first read over:

Pre-Cascade: Vaksa, Terezi.

Idk these two are about it, I thought everyone had valid points to their reasonings, even if it was 100% batshit insane. I also only hated Terezi for so long because she reminded me of myself in my abusive friendship, that I eventually got out of. Now I really only feel bad for her about it.

Post-Cascade/Pre-Game Over: Jake, Dirk, Mituna, Kanaya, Porrim, Arena, Vriska, Terezi.

The main two of this list take the back seat due to more annoying things going on. I think that Jake is just a total wimp ass, and I personally only truly enjoyed Dirk when he was talking with Jane. I thought that Mituna was an annoying read, and Porrim was boring. Kanaya's issues became more glaring to me when she was on the meteor with Rose, because she turned them both into bran mush. Which was lame.

I will forever hate Arena for being such a dipshit and causing game over, but i mean. It's still not the worst thing chara wise.

Edit: Forgot that Fef existed, I wasn't a fan of her either, thought she was willfully manipulating Eridan for her gain, and also had some strange ideas on how to make alternia better.

Post-Game Over: Roxy, Vaska.

Now Virska was a huge annoyance that I don't think I have to expand upon. We all know what she did. What I also find is, is that to an extent that Roxy ended up becoming like a Virska 2.0.

Now hold on. Hear me out.

She's not mean to her friends post game over. That doesn't come until the epillouuggess lolllllllll

I just feel like she steals the 'light' in a similar way, with out really...doing anything? Like don't get me wrong, she's nice. but that's it. I agree that Jane really shouldn't have been the leader of the group, but neither should have it been/suggested to have been roxy. It really should've been dirk, who was really the one leading them in the first place?

That and Roxy doesn't seem like much of a good friend either like, the alpha kids are a mess, they're all not great to each other, but roxy seems to get off a little more because shes outwardly nearly always nice, and the other 3 aren't.
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---
YN:[yeah dude. Sylphs are fucking gay.].
HC: Shut up!