Favorite Homestuck Characters?

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
Sylandrophol
Pronouns: she/they
Classpect: Rogue Of Space
Moon: Prospit

Re: Favorite Homestuck Characters?

Post by Sylandrophol » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:16 pm

gotta go w/ roxy, latula, and davepeta

also i am most definitely not a self-projecting disaster due to the fact that i headcanon roxy as a transfemme nonbinary disaster (much like me)
all i do is be thembo, love girls, listen to radio head, drink soda, eat hot chip and lie
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

Leddy
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life

Post by Leddy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:19 pm

Jade, Davepeta, Kanaya, Nepeta, Roxy
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread

Cheshire_Creeper

Post by Cheshire_Creeper » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:13 pm

Eggs & Biscuits, Nepeta, Equius, Callie, Terezi, Roxy
I have an ill-advised plan...what else is new?
https://mspfa.com/user/?u=108518406857173018839

terezis_gay_lusus
Pronouns: she/he/they/it/god
Classpect: Thief of Light
Moon: Derse

Post by terezis_gay_lusus » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:58 pm

Oh my gog, this is actually impossible. I'll just go with my favorites from each category:

beta kids: Probably Dave, this boy just totally lights up my life with his stupid ironic humor and I like him. I'm not a huge fan of his Homestuck^2 development though.
Alpha kids: I'm gonna have to go with Roxy and Dirk. I love them both so much for totally different reasons. I love Roxy because she is objectively the only unproblematic alpha kid, but I love Dirk because he's so controversial and I love his dickwad personality. It's so good.
Beta Trolls: I am absolutely infatuated with Terezi, she is literally my matesprit, I love her so much. Vriska is equal to her though, for obvious reasons.
Alpha Trolls: Gog. Honestly? I like all the alpha trolls and I wish we got to see more of them. If I had to pick some standouts though, I really like Rufioh, Meenah, Mituna, and Latula.
Carapacian: I totally dig Jack Noir and the mayor.
Cherub: Caliborn, any day. I do not defend these actions.
My total favorite favorite character is probably Terezi, I am just such a simp for her, Gog I love her, also I love Eridan and Vriska obviously.
Last edited by terezis_gay_lusus on Fri May 07, 2021 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
TT: How cool do you think it is having my own godawful personality mirrored back at me all the time, reminding me what it must be like when other people have to deal with me?
TT: Do you have any idea how fucking sick I am of myself?

TantamountTurnabout
Pronouns: He/him

Post by TantamountTurnabout » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:19 pm

"nepeta or tavros probably", i say, with completely dead eyes, devoid of even a flicker of hope or joy.
*demonterializes*

syrupsand
Pronouns: any
Classpect: confusing af no idea

Post by syrupsand » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:24 am

How do people not love nepeta?

_DASHFLAME_
Pronouns: He, Him;
Classpect: Heir of Heart

Post by _DASHFLAME_ » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:14 pm

John is my favorite. I really like his personality, of being just a fun goofy kid who wants to help everyone & also have fun. I feel like people don't treat as seriously as kids like Dave & Jade because unlike them, John didn't undergo any trauma as a kid. Also John is pretty much just the strongest person in the entire comic thanks to his retcon powers, & I think it's sad that none of the other characters take him seriously for it. In Act 6 Act 6 Intermission 3, everyone straight up dies. John & roxy are the only people left alive. Roxy wants to give up & just admit defeat, but John steps up & with the help of terezi, He saves the entire Universe. He brings back everyone who died & the session back so they can make the genesis frog & defeat Lord English. But when he arrives to greet every single person he brought back, they just start talking about relationship problems & act like nothing happened. I can kind of buy the fact that they are from an entire different universe & maybe don't understand the gravity of what john did, but they still treat him like shit even in the epilogues. They acknowledge his powers & how they can do anything, & they don't give him a second thought about what could happen. Rose tells john to go kill Lord English without even thinking that he could die in the process. When they all meet up to go after Ult Dirk, no one of them think that john could ever die. They almost act as though he's not a person, just something to solve all of their problems. It broke my heart when I read the end of the meat epilogue & he dies, but all of his friends assume he's one of the bad guys they must defeat. John straight up got the worst death possible. He died a hero, but everyone saw him as a villain. That's pretty much all I have to say.

harmoniousCalamity
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Lord Of Doom

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:05 pm

All the englishcrockerharleyberts hold a special place in my heart, and so do all the beta kids. Nepeta, Terezi, Sollux, and Aradia are also all my children.

I also really enjoy ms.paint and then I also really enjoy the midnight crew!
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---
YN:[yeah dude. Sylphs are fucking gay.].
HC: Shut up!

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:49 am

_DASHFLAME_ wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:14 pm
John is my favorite. I really like his personality, of being just a fun goofy kid who wants to help everyone & also have fun. I feel like people don't treat as seriously as kids like Dave & Jade because unlike them, John didn't undergo any trauma as a kid. Also John is pretty much just the strongest person in the entire comic thanks to his retcon powers, & I think it's sad that none of the other characters take him seriously for it. In Act 6 Act 6 Intermission 3, everyone straight up dies. John & roxy are the only people left alive. Roxy wants to give up & just admit defeat, but John steps up & with the help of terezi, He saves the entire Universe. He brings back everyone who died & the session back so they can make the genesis frog & defeat Lord English. But when he arrives to greet every single person he brought back, they just start talking about relationship problems & act like nothing happened. I can kind of buy the fact that they are from an entire different universe & maybe don't understand the gravity of what john did, but they still treat him like shit even in the epilogues. They acknowledge his powers & how they can do anything, & they don't give him a second thought about what could happen. Rose tells john to go kill Lord English without even thinking that he could die in the process. When they all meet up to go after Ult Dirk, no one of them think that john could ever die. They almost act as though he's not a person, just something to solve all of their problems. It broke my heart when I read the end of the meat epilogue & he dies, but all of his friends assume he's one of the bad guys they must defeat. John straight up got the worst death possible. He died a hero, but everyone saw him as a villain. That's pretty much all I have to say.
The tragic way John is treated is kind of the point of his character - he is nothing more than a blank slate protagonist boy, even to his best friends, so he's always being used as the guy to fix things.

Is sad
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

astronomicalCryptid
Pronouns: he/they/it
Classpect: rogue of doom

Post by astronomicalCryptid » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:23 pm

TAVROS

TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS
Imagei believe in tavros nitram supremacyImage

TantamountTurnabout
Pronouns: He/him

Post by TantamountTurnabout » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:48 pm

astronomicalCryptid wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:23 pm
TAVROS

TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS TAVROS
HE'S A COOL LITTLE KID WHO LIKES POKEMON
THIS BOY SKYLARK IS NUMBER ONE
HE CAN JOUST ON WHEELS AND HIS ROCKET CHAIR
OVER PROSPIT'S MOON HE FLIES THROUGH THE AIR

COMMUNES WITH NATURE, HAS ANIMAL FRIENDS
HE'S THE NUMBER ONE TROLL FROM BEGINNING TO END
RAISED IN A WORLD OF VIOLENCE AND HATE
IS SWEET AND KIND, DEFYING FATE
*demonterializes*

chaoticBunny
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: sylph of space

Post by chaoticBunny » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:56 pm

hi !! i have so many faves!!! but for humans i'd have to say... rose/jade/roxy
n then for trolls i rlly love aradia n latula/meulin!! :] :insolent:

distractedArtist
Pronouns: She/her
Classpect: Rogue of Heart

Post by distractedArtist » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:52 am

Equius is my favorite.

NovaStirner
Pronouns: They/She
Classpect: Seer of Blood

Post by NovaStirner » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:01 am

Personality wise? Easily Roxy (Although Davepeta comes as a close second). Do genuinely think that's she's probably the coolest and nicest friend to have. But in terms of how much i love the role they play in the story, it probably goes to Terezi. Quite genuinely a fantastic character who i dont think i can ever get tired of, specially if it has to do with her and vriska. love them both

Krabkat
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Witch of Heart

Post by Krabkat » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:14 am

I guess I'll do the categories.

Beta kid: Dave, no doubt. Everything he says is absolutely perfect and he's just an overall interesting character. I love all the Beta kids with all of my heart, though.
Alpha kid: Dirk. Despite how controversial his actions are, I really relate to his inner conflict. Also, I enjoy his imperfections. He's the kind of guy who seems to be good at pretty much everything at first, but he turns out to be egocentric as hell and really HATES himself despite everything. He tries to make himself someone who can create a good outcome and lead everyone to that Good Ending, but ends up messing up everything because he's ultimately just a kid who's way too ambitious and fixated on being important. It's honestly really sad.
Beta troll: Karkat. I remember seeing him way before I started reading and I already said at that time that he'd be my favorite character. I love how obnoxious and shouty he is, and there's honestly a lot to how he covers up how he feels by SCREAMING IN ANGER all the time. And man...he sure has a way with words, doesn't he? Sollux is a close second. Terezi is an even closer third. She's probably my favorite female character. These three are almost tied, to be honest.
Alpha troll: Gotta be Mituna. I honestly like the Alpha trolls as a group, but I don't really like many of them individually, so yeah, not much of a competition. And Mituna is just...Mituna. I dunno, he's just Mituna. And I like that.
Carapacian: Holy shit do I love the mayor. He's the bestest <3
Cherub: I guess probably Caliborn? I like Calliope as well, and I kind of hate Caliborn with a passion, but he's just so insanely entertaining. He's such a funny character, despite all the bullshit he gets up to.

Overall, I think I'd say Dave and Karkat are tied for first place. I might like Dave a smidgen more, but it's certainly not by a lot.
Hi, I am your resident Dirk apologist. Total Strider simp. I'm sorry that I always sound like an asshat.

FuchsiaBlooded
Pronouns: He/they/it

Post by FuchsiaBlooded » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:28 pm

I love Karkat and Gamzee!! I don’t ship them btw I just think they’re both neat :ecstatic:
:rorb:

mortiferousLathe
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Mage of Mind

Post by mortiferousLathe » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:42 am

Kurloz takes first place, with Gamzee in close second. Near the top of my list are Mituna, Calliope, Meulin, Nepeta, and Jade (is it obvious that I really like purple bloods for some reason?)

itsyaboybigBerd
Pronouns: BRUH
Classpect: Bard of Mind

Post by itsyaboybigBerd » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:34 pm

Hi! Glad I have a reason to put this all in text. There's no particular order to this, but I gotta put my gal Terezi at the top. spidertroll can shove it
Rose,Dirk,Dave, in that order, the deadpan attitude is on point.
Nepeta is also great and I just want to squeeze her.
Doc Scratch is inspirational, and Caliborn is the perfect polar opposite AH got old fast, heck even the generic narrator has a few moments of snark (my fav being the a6a1 character select screens), but I wouldn't list narrator as a character any more than I would Bilious Slick (i just think it's cool that the universe is a frog).
Meenah is bad as hell and just becomes so much hotter as the Condesce.
Dad, along with pre-scratch Bro and Mom, are easily the most badass in the whole story. No magic/mutant/science powers, just straight human strength and agility.
Karkat and John deserve mentions too, as they are both exceptional leaders in their own regard.

and roxy<33333

Edit: HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN THE MAYOR WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME
gamzee also deserves a mention on this list.

aquaticFoxfire
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Doom

Post by aquaticFoxfire » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:32 am

Terezi on the top of my list for sure. I also like John and Vriska (specifically like…the pre retcon one). Plus there’s sollux.

read Memes and Memories
What to do now? is another project I've got.
also go read AfterLife

itsyaboybigBerd
Pronouns: BRUH
Classpect: Bard of Mind

Post by itsyaboybigBerd » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:00 pm

Yes, pre-retcon Vriska all the way. When I came back to Homestuck after its conclusion (i stopped reading some point after GAME OVER i think during the gigapause... right? anyway picked it back up on my phone around the start of 2019), that animation of her retconned back into those three years kinda ticked me off. I liked her during hivebent and basically all of act 5, and her self-sacrifice arc kinda made up for all the bs inbetween.

Sollux is cool too, I always read his dialogue in Butthead's voice. I know I'm not the only one 'cause he legit got the same shape head in Alterniabound.