Classpect Everything

Genshin Impact, Legend of Zelda, The Magnus Archives, whatever you'd like, you can talk about it here! Just remember to keep it Forum Appropriate!
foreverFlummoxed
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light
Moon: Prospit

Classpect Everything

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:20 pm

Look, we all know deep at heart that classpecting fictional characters (and discussing implications) is incredibly fun to do. So, I figured, why not make a thread for it. I'll make a few examples too, just so the template is in place.

basic template:
Title (media)
character - classpect - reasoning

examples:
Kingdom Hearts (video game)
Show
Xemnas - Lord of Void. Leader of the Nobodies, rules The World That Never Was, literally uses the power of nothingness

Xaldin - Knight of Breath. Breath because Wind (haha so clever) Knight probably to do with "Not in his nature to hold back" and as Dilan being one of the guards(?) of Ansem the Wise (I'm not sure if that was what his job was specifically but i know Braig, Dilan, and Aeleus were all some sort of Defense guys)

Saïx - Bard of Hope. Instigates, misdirects, and influences others (mainly Sora) by destroying the hope of their actions being the right actions (and probably other ways I can't think of right now)

Axel - Rogue of Breath. Controls Assassins, any shady things he has done/is doing was/is for the benefit of others in changing the course of their actions or preventing a change entirely (withholding info and such)

Demyx - Page of Doom. Seemingly has potential for more destruction then he lets on, also get others to do his work for him a lot (see 358/2 Days & "I'm not the right guy for this!")

Naminè - Witch of Mind - her entire power is based around memories and is referred to as a witch multiple times
kingdom Hearts example taken from me, by me here
Used for when you have many entries:

Code: Select all

[spoiler title=(your title here)]Sample Text[/spoiler]
Buffy/Angel (TV Series)
Angel (B/A) - Prince of Blood - as Angel: Angel uses the bonds he makes with others to actively destroy as much evil he can. as Angelus: Angel very aggressively destroys bonds of others, destroying family/people close to make victims and/or former friends suffer. (also: blood, vampire, haha funny joke)

Winifred Burkle (Angel) - Heir of Doom - (If you know the show, then you know :jadesob: ) one of the saddest character journeys of either show, journeys to help the heroes/become one of the heroes and ends up a recieving a fate worse than death

Used for major spoilers in selected media:

Code: Select all

[ispoiler]Sample Text[/ispoiler]
Back to the Future (Movie/movie series)
Marty Mcfly - Heir of Time - (I don't really have a reason for this one right now, it was more for a template example)

(posts don't have to be exactly like this, these are just a few potential variants of the basic template)
Last edited by foreverFlummoxed on Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time

Re: Classpect Everything

Post by RoyalFiddle » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:55 pm

Since it's topical:

Half Life but the A.I. is Self Aware (Twitch streams/Youtube series)

Gordon: Knight of Rage, the dude is literally pissed off about something constantly and he protects everyone for most of the series
Dr. Coomer: either Seer of Void or Mage of Light, Seer of Void because he can see beyond the false walls of his reality, and Mage of Light because he is one who suffers from his knowledge of his existence in a video game
Benrey: Bard of Mind? Honestly, I went with mind cause he drives people up the wall, and not in small part because I didn't want to make two Rage players, but he could also just absolutely be Gamzee's classpect
Bubby: Prince of blood, The dude is constantly killing people he's made grudges with, and ends up making grudges against Gordon, Coomer, and Tommy. Ergo, he destroys relationships for himself
Tommy: Maid of Light, he's the one character that consistently giving out information on Black Mesa that none of the other employees know, from revenue streams, to knowing about Black Mesa's creation of Poweradetm.

I could figure out Dornald, Forzen, Skeleton, and G-Man but I really don't want to do that there isn't enough character to analyze to make good guesses for those
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope
Moon: Derse

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:07 pm

My art drive:
Heir of Rage
Reasoning: Drawing things correctly sucks and I hate it.
Spoiler
Show
I know this isn't exactly within the intention of the thread, but the title did say everything.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:21 pm

Shitpost Lizard wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:07 pm
My art drive:
Heir of Rage
Reasoning: Drawing things correctly sucks and I hate it.
Spoiler
Show
I know this isn't exactly within the intention of the thread, but the title did say everything.
fair enough,

The weather in my area (nature):
Bard of Rage - allows the destruction of everyone's happiness and plans by being absolutely indecisive on what to do for the day, everyday, it's bonkers my guy.

Buffy/Angel (TV show):
Spike - Bard of Mind - Allows the destruction of friendships (not his) through expert planning and wit, allows destruction of his own mind through excessive drinking, writes poetry of questionable quality and allows the destruction of his potential love life with his "expert writing skills"
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

Shitpost Lizard

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Sun May 03, 2020 9:29 am

The person who made the plot decisions for The Last of Us 2:
Bard of Doom

Reason: Either you know what the leaks are, and you get this, or you don't and I'm not spoiling them for you.
|Taurrius|

[I draw stuff.]

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Tue May 05, 2020 1:54 pm

Togepi the pokemon is a Page of Blood or Heart.

Link from Skyward Sword is a Knight of Breath
Link from Minish Cap is an Heir of Space
Link from Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures are Witches of Space
Link from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask is a Page of Time
Link from Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass is a Mage of Breath
Link from Spirit Tracks is a Knight of Heart
Link from Link to the Past and the Oracles and Link's Awakening is an Heir of Light
Link from A Link Between Worlds is a Page of Space while Ravio is a Bard of Doom
Link from Zelda I and II is a Knight of Light
Link from Breath of the Wild is a Knight of Hope

I'll justify these later, disagree with them for now
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

RoyalFiddle

Post by RoyalFiddle » Tue May 05, 2020 11:09 pm

Mage of Breath is the one that really makes me go ??? so I'm curious as to what your reasoning is!
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND

Shitpost Lizard

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Wed May 06, 2020 4:27 am

I would argue that Ravio is a Bard or Rogue of Light.

He does what he does because it aids Link's progression towards fixing his universe, and he's smart enough to know that, even under the facade (and possibly actual greed) of being an item merchant.
I say Bard because it's a chaotic-good method, but Rogue because he's milking Link for money in the process.

Zelda in OOT is a Seer of Light.
Ganon in OOT is a Witch of Doom.

Link in TP is a Knight of Hope.
|Taurrius|

[I draw stuff.]

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Wed May 06, 2020 9:26 am

luigi wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 1:54 pm
I'd say Link (OoT/MM) would be an Heir of Time, since his use of time in OoT kind of just, falls into his possession accidentally and by the time of MM link can use time effectively, but does not have full control of time only using what he can with the ocarina given to him. "Hi I'm Zelda, I haven't known you for long, but here's the most magical Instrument in the kingdom, I fully trust you even having just met."
RoyalFiddle wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:55 pm
I could figure out Skeleton
Skeleton(s?) is definitely a Bard of Void, inspiring Gordon's mental deterioration from it's nature of appearing to those it wishes to antagonize, hiding itself from all others except for those it helps or in the finale when it is actively opposing everyone in Gordon's party

Hollow Knight (video game)
Quirrel - Knight of Mind - A warrior with missing memory who lives by the nail, in the past Quirrel served Monomon the teacher, and during the events of Hollow Knight, Quirrel protects and keeps Monomon's seal on the Black Egg Temple active. Quirrel is also one of the only characters to actively help The Knight in a boss fight, the fight which precedes The Knight and Quirrel fulfill Monomon's last request (being that she believes the seals need to be broken)

overThinker
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Seer of Light

Post by overThinker » Wed May 06, 2020 10:41 am

GLaDOS from the portal series (video game) - either Prince of Mind or Prince of Heart

in the beginning, she's very dedicated to psychologically torturing chell in a manner that suits the mind and heart aspects (through mind by limiting chell's choices and restricting her autonomy, and through heart with attacks on emotions and bitter threats, respectively). when considering portal 2's ending, prince of heart becomes more apparent, because the only unifying factor for her and chell was wheatley's takeover. destroying wheatley's "heart" was their prime motivation for working together.

at the very end, her role evidently inverts when she releases chell from aperture. if the mind aspect can be interpreted as free will and rational choice, glados "creates mind" for chell when she releases her by giving her the free will to do whatever she wants.

luigi

Post by luigi » Wed May 06, 2020 1:35 pm

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:26 am
luigi wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 1:54 pm
I'd say Link (OoT/MM) would be an Heir of Time, since his use of time in OoT kind of just, falls into his possession accidentally and by the time of MM link can use time effectively, but does not have full control of time only using what he can with the ocarina given to him. "Hi I'm Zelda, I haven't known you for long, but here's the most magical Instrument in the kingdom, I fully trust you even having just met."
I went with Page because Page's whole thing is that they have to wait a long time for their full power to bloom, but once it's there they're unstoppable right.

OoT Link's time travel is defined by the fact he had to wait 7 years and actually wait, in stasis, as is evidenced by the fact he aged while in that state. Then after that long and arduous journey it turns out that wasn't even his full power because he's sent back to being a child again. Then in Termina he's stuck living the same 3 days over and over, which fits with the Page theme of slow/no progression... until, at the end of his journey, all at once, he acquires the ULTIMATE FUCKING SMACKDOWN POWER with the Fierce Diety's Mask, using it to break free from the 3 day cycle. His story fits the Page rly well.

As for the other Links:
Spoiler
Show
Skyward Sword, Link pretty much weaponizes breath via his Loftwing and the Skyward Strikes, he also starts out with superficial freedom (the ability to fucking fly) but has no real freedom (he's a puppet for the Goddess), and by the end he lives on solid ground instead of in the air, and has all the freedom he wants as the first King of Hyrule (just like how Dave starts off with a lack of time, by the end rejects his time powers but has all the time in the world to do whatever)

Minish Cap he's an Heir of Space because he's basically guided the entire time by Ezlo, his talking hat (which looks similar to an Heir's hood might I add) + the main gimmicks of the game are the size changing and the splitting into four. All of this was thrust upon him by other people though which is why he gets Heir, whereas in Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures those Links actively sought out the Four Sword and began their adventure entirely of their own accord, with little to no guides along their entire journey, which is I why I think Witch fits really well, despite the gender discrepancy (Four Swords Links say Trans Rights)

Oot/MM I've already justified. Heir fits but I don't think it fits AS WELL AS the Page does.

Oh I forgot to mention Twilight Princess last time, I'm pretty sure he's a Knight of Void or Doom, whichever is more applicable to the Twilight (probably Void). He weaponizes it via his wolf form and his companion Midna (who is probably a Witch of Void), and by the end of the story rejects it by putting the Master Sword back and never being a wolf again. Oh and he's really active too, he charged right into the twilight curtain the first time the kids were taken, and a couple times people tell him there's nothing he can really do but of course he goes ahead and does whatever anyways.

Wind Waker Link I said was Mage of Breath but thinking about it I'm pretty sure he's an Heir of Breath like John. He gets the Wind Waker because it was given to him by Daphnes (who is probably a Prince of Light), the Wind Waker's powers come from the tool itself and not Link, he is guided across his ENTIRE quest by Daphnes, Tetra, the Rito + Valoo, the Deku Tree + Koroks... even when he gains the cyclone power it's not his own power, it's bestowed upon him by the Wind Frog. At the end of the story it isn't even his choice to drown Hyrule, it's Daphnes who forces that on him and TELLS him to found a new land. In Phantom Hourglass it's pretty much more of the same, Oshus, Linebeck and the fairies do all the critical thinking while Link is just their adventure puppet.

Spirit Tracks I say Knight of Heart because he basically weaponizes Zelda's soul in that game. And then Zelda would be like... the Seer or Bard of Heart because she lets Link use her soul as a weapon.

Link to the Past/OoX/Link's Awakening actually I think is a Knight of Light. He weaponizes Light by vanquishing the dark world (uses the Moon's Pearl, ie a light source, to maintain his form in the Dark World) wakes up the Wind Fish after learning the TRUTH of the island, and the fact that two of his games can be played either order and both canonically can come before the other with no set order is a bit of meta fuckery that seems fitting for a Light player. He doesn't reject the light at any point like other Knights but he is literally a knight, and the hero of light so idk this one seems obvious.

Link Between Worlds is actually not a Page he's probably also an Heir of Space, considering his wall merging powers are bestowed upon him by chance by someone else, and he's guided along by a whole fuckton of people his entire quest. Including Ravio who I said is a Bard of Doom because through Link he's inviting the destruction of doom that is going to befall both worlds.

Link from Zelda I and II is also a Knight of Light. He's a generic adventure hero that has to gather and use the Triforce (magic mcguffin that literally glows - pretty much Light aspect incarnate) on multiple occasions.

Breath of the Wild Link is either a Knight or a Page of Hope. I'd say Page because of the fact he had to wait 100 years to be useful, but then throughout the game we actually play his behavior is more like that of a Knight, being the source of Hyrule's hope during the post apocalypse.

As for the Zeldas I think most of them are Seers of either Time or Light. In OoT she's definitely a time Seer, while in TP she's probably a Light Seer. It's hard to tell in a lot of cases though for her which one it really is, in SS it's impossible to tell whether she's a Seer of Light or Time, because of how much of both roles she fulfills. Unique Zelda classpects would be my hypothesized ST Zelda being some sort of passive Heart player, while Wind Waker Tetra would be like a Knight of Blood? She's a pirate captain after all, and her crew is undyingly loyal to her. Oh and Breath of the Wild Zelda's whole character arc was that she couldn't live up to the past Zelda's so she probably has a unique classpect... maybe a Page of Hope? She has the hardest time out of any Zelda using her powers, and the only two times we see her powers used it's a GIANT WHITE HOPESPLOSION at the end of a long and arduous personal journey, or in a time of great emotional strife. Just like our other resident Page of Hope.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Wed May 06, 2020 6:45 pm

I've found myself falling face first into Sonic the Hedgehog again, and the thought crossed my mind to try and tackle this so, here goes!

EDIT: some colors have been changed for readability, lemme know if any of them are still too difficult to read.

Sonic the Hedgehog (video game series)

Buckle up bitches we got a wall of text incoming
the Classic gang
Show
Sonic the Hedgehog - Knight of Breath - Literally stated to be the Knight of the Wind in Sonic and the Black Knight, it could not be any more obvious. A defender of innocence, connects together a wide and disparate collection of friends from around the world, and likes to be free.

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik - Bard of Life - Eggman is a driving force in the story of Sonic the Hedgehog's video games. Basically everything that happens in that world is because of Eggman being a fucking moron, and he's definitely good at being a lovable, approachable clown in spite of his efforts to build a theme park inadvertently "inviting the destruction of" the natural world all around him.

Miles "Tails" Prower - Page of Mind - Tails has always had a narrative throughline of wanting to prove himself to the people around him, to be a hero like Sonic is. To reach that goal, he has pursued engineering and technology. He's even got the deal of "wanting to improve himself and reach his potential but others are blind to the worth in him" deal, like Tavros and Jake got from everyone around them. Only in Tails' case, he was lucky enough to befriend Sonic and, through their nurturing and healthy relationship, Tails has successfully reached the Crazy Potential:tm: that Pages are said to achieve when given love and care.

Knuckles the Echidna - Mage of Light - He is the last of his kind, fiercely driven to keep his culture alive. He plunders his island with all of the ancient knowledge of the Echidnas who built some crazy shit 4000 years ago, including weapons of mass destruction and such. There is only one left, and he's been given the duty of protecting the Master Emerald, which he never hesitates to do whatever it takes to accomplish.

Amy Rose - Maid of Hope - Despite her superpower essentially being the Heart Beat Down, and she's strong enough to pick up the Piko Piko Hammer which is canonically super fucking heavy, her actions throughout her appearances have very little to do with Homestuck-flavored heart as an aspect. She actively and persistently makes changes to the world around her through he people she meets, influencing them in positive ways to create better versions of themselves. She opened the eyes of E-102 Gamma, she touched the heart of Shadow the Hedgehog, she supported and encouraged Cream to become a hero. Everything about her is positively influencing the world around her.

Metal Sonic - Heir of Rage - Created deliberately to inherit the traits of Sonic the Hedgehog, as well as developing a method to copy the data of other heroes to upgrade himself. And he is so fucking pissed that Sonic the Hedgehog exists. HE is the Real Sonic, goddamnit, and he'll PROVE IT by DESTROYING THE LITTLE PLANET. Plays into the whole concept of Rage being Truth: Metal wants to prove that HIS reality is the true one.
other Classic buddies.
Show
Vector the Crocodile - Rogue of Light - He pursues and "steals" the information and wisdom of the world for his clients, which he expects payment from in return. However, he is also inherently kind hearted and determined to deliver goods to the people, Robin Hood style, sometimes doing jobs for free (which is probably why the Chaotix are always broke as fuck).

Espio the Chameleon - Sylph of Void - He can turn invisible, and he's dedicated to helping others. Even if he thinks it's a really fucking stupid idea, he's too passive to actually try to stop whatever nonsense is going on, much like how Kanaya and Aranea are often seen doing jack shit.

Charmy Bee - Maid of Breath - An absolute buffoon of a baby bee boy. He is impossible to tie down and keep still, hyperactive and bee brained, and a lover of entertainment. He uses his abilities to help others out, but he also has a habit of copying Vector's mannerisms.

Mighty the Armadillo - Knight of Hope - The majority of his personality has to be drawn from his comics incarnation, which is a warm, loving, and protective guardian figure to Ray the Flying Squirrel, and also, he is super strong and laser-focused on protecting his friend.

Ray the Flying Squirrel - Seer of Blood - Literally everything about him relies on him seeking out and understanding basically his only friend, Mighty the Armadillo. When Mighty went missing he went looking for him for a very long time and didn't see him again until Sonic Mania Plus.
We're going on a Sonic Adventure!
Show
Chaos, God of Destruction - Prince of Life - When he is not pissed the fuck off, he's the kindest, gentlest, most harmless being in the world. If you hurt the things he cares about, he goes fucking bananas with rage and drowned an entire fucking city, my dudes.

E-102 Gamma - Mage of Doom - Deeply pained and remorseful of the suffering around him, he liberates all of his brethren and later himself in the name of doing the right thing and ending the pain for everyone.

Big the Cat - Page of Void - Big has no idea what the fuck is ever going on. He has no thoughts, his head is empty. He is utterly surrounded by forces he does not understand and he usually doesn't feel bothered by it because as long as he's with his best friend Froggy and can fish for dinner, he's really happy.

Tikal the Echidna - Thief of Rage - She does everything in her power to keep the dangerous Chaos away from reality, in spite of it not actually solving the problem and only kicking the can down the way for the next generations. She has her heart in the right place, but she has the wrong idea of how to fix the problem, much like canon thieves.

Shadow the Hedgehog - Maid of Heart - Shadow is an incredibly complex person, a creature of immense superpowers and limitless potential. Depending on where he decides is the best place to go, what course of action will be the best in the long run, he will dedicate everything of himself to it. He throws himself into everything he decides to do, you just have to convince him that it's a good idea. He gives himself fully to the most convincing influence, including the villainous ones. And ultimately, he chooses to serve himself, and do what he wants to do because he wants to, not because of the demands made by the people around him. His identity crisis and fascination with understanding who he is and how he can live his best life is an enormous part of his development. Not gonna lie, he was a LOT easier to classpect than I thought it would be.

Rouge the Bat - Thief of Space - "All the world's gems are MINE!" But alongside that, she has an incredibly calculating demeanor and is incredibly flirtatious with the express purpose of getting what she wants. This demeanor fits very well with the Space aspect as described in the Extended Zodiac: "they just choose their battles wisely, understanding that sometimes you have to let something burn to the ground in order to build it back better and stronger than before... At their best, they are steady, impartial, and creative. At their worst, they can be detached, apathetic, and vague."

Maria Robotnik - Sylph of Doom - How does one heal the literal aspect of death? A child doomed to suffer a horrible fate no matter what could be reasonably expected to fall into despair. But she doesn't. Instead, she heals the people around her, making impacts on them in a passive way, while also alleviating the doom from everyone around her as much as she can by listening to and empathizing with the Ultimate Life Form. She's fucking metal, ask me about her sometime and I could blather about her for a whole day.
We're kicking into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
Show
E-123 Omega - Lord of Life - An absolutely preposterously strong robot of action. He has so many goddamn weapons in his arms, how does he even fit them all in there. The rockets he spews out are longer than his ENTIRE TORSO. A ruthless fighter who destroys all Eggman robots to prove he is the best, he doesn't have a tragic backstory or anything, he's just a vicious psychopath who happens to be on the side of good. Fucking incredible.

Cream the Rabbit - Witch of Hope - A child usually restricted from doing her best work due to her home life much like the canonical Witches we see (Jade, Damara, Feferi are all basically trapped by their home situation). Also, she's an incredible source of hope and joy to everyone around her, all the time, forever, and she's incredibly competent for a six year old.

Emerl/Gemerl the Gizoid - Heir of Heart - He absorbs the strength of others, adopts their mannerisms and desires, until he eventually overloads with power and loses his self entirely, much like John can turn into the wind and stop being a corporeal form for a bit.

Blaze the Cat - Knight of Space - She is a protector of her reality, her alternate dimension is reliant on the Sol Emeralds to exist and she has them all as part of her job. She's very closed off and has an aloof personality at first, but once you get to know her you learn that she's just a person like everyone else. Another knight out there who needs to be more confident in themselves, eh?

Silver the Hedgehog - Sylph of Time - Everything Silver ever did was for the sake of healing the timeline, fixing the horrors of Iblis, or the War against Eggman and Infinite, and anything else that might need fixing to preserve the Good Future. He's kind of a dummy though, and ultimately makes more of an abstract, indirect influence on the timeline rather than forcibly moving things into place or anything.

Infinite the Jackal - Lord of Mind - His main power is the ability to thrust people into delusional realities where everything is absolutely wrong, gunning for them, overwhelming them with their worst fears and forcing them to face their equals. He relishes in destruction and is a thin-skinned egomaniac who simply loves causing destruction and tormenting people for his own amusement. He doesn't just like causing pain, he likes KNOWING who he is hurting, so that he can hurt them where he knows they will hurt the most.
I think that's enough for me today. If people want me to continue delivering classpects for Sonic characters lemme know.
Last edited by calamityCons on Thu May 07, 2020 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

RoyalFiddle

Post by RoyalFiddle » Wed May 06, 2020 7:09 pm

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:26 am
RoyalFiddle wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:55 pm
I could figure out Skeleton
Skeleton(s?) is definitely a Bard of Void, inspiring Gordon's mental deterioration from it's nature of appearing to those it wishes to antagonize, hiding itself from all others except for those it helps or in the finale when it is actively opposing everyone in Gordon's party
I really love that idea, but for some weird reason I hate when there are dupes in the aspects, and, honestly, if I had to pick between the two, I would prefer Coomer as the Void player, not that that at all reflects anything but personal preference
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Wed May 06, 2020 11:10 pm

RoyalFiddle wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:09 pm
I really love that idea, but for some weird reason I hate when there are dupes in the aspects,
I agree, sometimes it seems very off if multiple characters have the same aspect, or class for that matter, makes anything seem very lopsided. But sometimes, it really do be like that (Hiveswap has six new hope bound trolls and only one new life bound troll as an example)

Adventure Time (TV series)
Marceline - Heir of Blood - This one stands out to me because it's major showings are three-fold. Marceline inherits demon-blood/powers from her father Hunson Abadeer meaning her first bond, family, is what leads to (mostly) the others. By absorbing the souls of the "League of evil Vampires" (The notable five don't have a name for their group iirc) Marcy essentially holds the bond of the big 5, and only through her action they are (accidentally) released from their "bonds." Last big reasoning: being turned into a vampire allowed her to make new friendship/bonds with the main crew of the show, the main duo, bubblegum, and continuing her friendship with Ice King.
More about Marceline (i couldn't help it)
Show
this is the less, in your face, obvious stuff. By deciding to help people by killing the vamps, eventually, the remaining humans decide that "hey, a friendship with the one person able to fight back is probably a good thing." Through inaction, Marcy stumbles upon her closet friend and father figure, Simon Petrikov, and the bond between them is the only thing holding them together in the recently destroyed world. In the Farm World timeline, the friendship between the two allows Marcy to stick by Simon's side for years instead of abandoning the dead body, just so that no-one ever befalls the same fate.
Simon Petrikov (Ice King) - Mage of Mind - Oh boy, this one I could go on for just about as long as Marceline, so freaking good. Simon is one who suffers from his knowledge, through and through. A man of Science, Simon always strives to fully comprehend whatever he decides is the greatest new discovery, which leads him to the Crown: a magical object that grants wishes, but due to an unfortunate accident with a wish years ago, the crown unfortunately deteriorates the mind of whoever wears it. Through the Crown, Simon gains the power to greatly protect those he loves (Marceline at the time) but the use of it makes his mind suffer, and his mental deterioration also makes others sorrowful at the state of his mind (Marcy, Betty, and Finn eventually.) Whenever Betty arrives in present Ooo and Simon is Ice-less the only way for him to stay with the woman he loves is to sacrifice his mind to the Crown once again. In the Farm World timeline, Simon gains the knowledge that the power of the crown can save the world from destruction, unfortunately, in the process of saving everyone he sacrifices himself

overThinker
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Seer of Light

Post by overThinker » Thu May 07, 2020 12:23 am

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:10 pm
susan strong may be a page of blood, then, with frieda contrarily as a mage of breath, or perhaps an unrealized maid of breath. susan was loyally dedicated to the unity of the island and personally committed herself to preventing people from leaving, only to eventually suffer in exile to ooo, which fairly certainly presents her as a page to me. pages are defined by the service of others, a service that said page remunerates upon reaching their potential, which can be understood as susan's upbringing in this context. she reached her page potential when she left the island to look for martin and finn, i guess.

i loved those episodes i never see them talked about lol

luigi

Post by luigi » Thu May 07, 2020 1:28 am

What would Finn be? I could see him being a whole shit ton of things, Knight/Page/Heir of Heart/Breath/Blood

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Thu May 07, 2020 1:49 am

luigi wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:28 am
What would Finn be? I could see him being a whole shit ton of things, Knight/Page/Heir of Heart/Breath/Blood
I could see Finn as a Knight of Hope with his different incarnations all being hope bound. Finn's whole thing is fighting for others very rarely is he seen going after his own desires (and even then he winds up helping everyone he can/meets) while the reasoning for being Hope bound is that the blue Catalyst Comet and its various incarnations all seem to be the greatest hope for the world, or sometimes the only hope if the world is going through one of its apocalyptic phases.

Shermy would be an Heir of Hope, not avidly questing to fight for others but would if the opportunity arises, inherits The Paradox Sword Finn Sword, which was/is a hero of hope

luigi

Post by luigi » Thu May 07, 2020 1:12 pm

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:49 am
luigi wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:28 am
I could see Finn as a Knight of Hope with his different incarnations all being hope bound. Finn's whole thing is fighting for others very rarely is he seen going after his own desires (and even then he winds up helping everyone he can/meets) while the reasoning for being Hope bound is that the blue Catalyst Comet and its various incarnations all seem to be the greatest hope for the world, or sometimes the only hope if the world is going through one of its apocalyptic phases.

Shermy would be an Heir of Hope, not avidly questing to fight for others but would if the opportunity arises, inherits The Paradox Sword Finn Sword, which was/is a hero of hope
True True True 100%.

luigi

Post by luigi » Thu May 14, 2020 3:26 pm

What would some Star Wars guys be?

Anakin is probably a Prince of Hope.
Padme is Maid of Life or Light.
Obi-Wan is an Heir or Knight of Light?
Yoda is a Lord of Space.

A lot of the Jedi's seem based around Light and Hope and Space.

loomingDoom
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Knight of Light

Post by loomingDoom » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:38 am

I would Argue that only Darth Vader is Prince of Hope and Anakin isn't as weird as it might be if we keep in line with how it works in Starwars. Where almost no one in the story consider Anakin and Darth Vader the same person and if you follow him from the Clone Wars series, he's definitely not a Prince of Hope in my opinion. But i wouldn't be able to tell you what he is. Maybe Knight of Hope? Not sure