Magic the Gathering

Genshin Impact, Legend of Zelda, The Magnus Archives, whatever you'd like, you can talk about it here! Just remember to keep it Forum Appropriate!
calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom
Moon: Derse

Magic the Gathering

Post by calamityCons » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:15 pm

Sup anyone here play magic the gathering
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

ThePungeonMaster
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Re: Magic the Gathering

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:41 pm

Used to back around 2015, now I don't have any friends that play and I'm stuck with about 1000 playing cards I never use. I've heard the new online card game is alright, but I already procrastinate more than enough, and don't really need another timesink.
June X Vriska is the best ship.

calamityCons

Post by calamityCons » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:18 pm

Yeah, I’m interested in giving the online MTG arena a shot myself but I’m away from my desktop for the next few weeks so that ain’t happening soon. When i got home all my old cards got melted together due to humidity issues in the place they were being stored so they’re just straight up gone now. But I got two new decks for christmas so i’m doing just fine. Wish I had more mana to spare tho.

Fresh
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Rogue of Life
Moon: Prospit

Post by Fresh » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:30 pm

hell yeah. got into it during ixalan, been playing with friends since. we're HEAVILY invested in commander, though we attend prereleases and some of us even play standard (but fuck eldraine standard). what formats do y'all play?

calamityCons

Post by calamityCons » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:39 pm

My only experience with Commander was me getting my ass thoroughly curbstomped by one guy while me and the other players were mana-locked. It was not fun so i’m reluctant to try again.

I like to run white decks full of knights in shining armor because I’m just basic like that lol

Drinosi
Classpect: Mage of Blood

Post by Drinosi » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:04 am

I got into it really big when I used to own a gaming store and started with the Urza's block and was really into it until the Kamigawa block. Sold all my cards for the most part, however every now and then I run into a few cards in the garage, but nothing worth anything. I spent a fortune on it, but really loved it. We would have something called 'all night magic' at my store, where whenever a new set would come out, we would have draft tournaments for 24 hours straight. I haven't really played much since then because while we do have gaming stores in my city, I just don't have the time to devote to it anymore and would probably get my ass handed to me by a 12 year old at this point since I've been out of it for so long.

calamityCons

Post by calamityCons » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:51 am

Oof, I know the feeling of getting your ass handed to you after being away for a while. I lost five games in a row a couple weeks back because I was getting back into Magic and lost my groove since the last time I played. Plus there were new cards and shit so it was pretty hectic and confusing.

Drinosi
Classpect: Mage of Blood

Post by Drinosi » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:04 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:51 am
Oof, I know the feeling of getting your ass handed to you after being away for a while. I lost five games in a row a couple weeks back because I was getting back into Magic and lost my groove since the last time I played. Plus there were new cards and shit so it was pretty hectic and confusing.
Honestly, at this point so many things would likely have changed that it would be almost like starting over for me. All the new cards have new rules and so much has changed that I'm not ready to re-learn it. I've thought about getting back into it, but for now I'm sticking with table top games.

arachnidsGrip
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Page of Light

Post by arachnidsGrip » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:57 pm

Holy shit I didn't even know this thread existed! I just got into Magic a month or so ago, and now I've got some cards being shipped to my house as I type. I've been making a legacy deck around Tibalt lately because he sucks, and everyone knows he sucks, and because of that the pull of beating others with a deck that feature Tibalt front and center stage is irresistable.