Has anyone ever set themselves on fire before?

Discuss your favorite fanventures and fan projects here!
Sp00kyrex

Has anyone ever set themselves on fire before?

Post by Sp00kyrex » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:28 am

Ok now this is a serious question I just really want to know if anyone has ever set themselves on fire accidentally. Like seriously, what's it like becoming a pyre of raging flame? Is it exciting? Painful? Bright? These are questions that I need answered, and I'm not sure where else to look. The local convenience store has already banned me from the premises for attempting to burglarize about 20 boxes of matches and 4 bottles of lighter fluid. I'm running out of options to become a human incarnation of the sun itself and would like some pointers as to what the experience feels like and any tips for how I can successfully reach the vaunted title of "Captain Cinders." Thanks in advance. :olliesouty:

Also if you read Firequest that would be cool to know too.

I guess.

BrobyDDark

Re: Has anyone ever set themselves on fire before?

Post by BrobyDDark » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:39 am

Deezn_uts

Post by Deezn_uts » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:38 am

Submerging yourself in a bath of thermite powder and setting it ablaze does the job quite wonderfully. I highly recommend doing that. :rorb:

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:47 am

Tried it once. Liked it a lot, ngl.
:rosecool:

Sp00kyrex

Post by Sp00kyrex » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:04 pm

I'm glad to see all these positive responses to my desire to become a blazing phoenix incarnate. Thank you all for the kind words.
Attachments
caveguy581.png
caveguy581.png (18.24 KiB) Viewed 13778 times

MorganMustDie
Pronouns: f

Post by MorganMustDie » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:44 pm

I can't believe you got gizzard to make the music for your fanventure
Image Perfection.

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Post by RoyalFiddle » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:31 pm

Oh I just light myself ablaze every day when I wake up, it's like a painful purifying shower
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

tajazzled
Classpect: maid of hope
Moon: Prospit

Post by tajazzled » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:45 pm

one time i lit a trash can on fire inside my house and reading firequest makes me feel the same panic as i did then. i love it.

Sp00kyrex

Post by Sp00kyrex » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:39 pm

Ok status update for everyone here. I may have been incarcerated for various crimes related, but not limited, to, "attempted arson," "theft," "assault," "grand theft auto," and "disturbing the peace." I'm not sure why the police would charge me with these crimes as I have done NOTHING WRONG. I simply attempted to procure some fireworks so that I could immolate myself in the most dramatic way possible and they overreact like this??? Ridiculous.

Anyways I may be in prison soon so here's this image of caveguy dancing. You're ugleh.
Attachments
Cave YEEEE.gif
Cave YEEEE.gif (146.69 KiB) Viewed 13737 times

Post by 1011686 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:55 am

I hear exposure to fire has a denigrating effect upon one's health over long periods of time. Would like external verification to ascertain the veracity of this information.

Also Firequest is good, even though it is incredibly difficult to describe. It's a story about? a caveman? who is looking for a magic crown? in the past? except he's not actually a caveman, he was transported back in time and lost all his memory? except there are these bunkers around the place, which would be pretty anachronistic if they were all actually in the past. But there's dinosaurs, so there must be some time travel going on, in some direction. Also there's an alien (i think) in a (possibly) different time period surveying the area. And there's also some people whose heads are just skulls that don't appear to be human skulls, which seems a bit strange. And everyone is trying to get the magic crowns, probably.
Also there's an old lady there for some reason. I'm not sure why.
Anyway as I was saying Firequest is good.

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:06 am

1011686 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:55 am
I hear exposure to fire has a denigrating effect upon one's health over long periods of time. Would like external verification to ascertain the veracity of this information.

Also Firequest is good, even though it is incredibly difficult to describe. It's a story about? a caveman? who is looking for a magic crown? in the past? except he's not actually a caveman, he was transported back in time and lost all his memory? except there are these bunkers around the place, which would be pretty anachronistic if they were all actually in the past. But there's dinosaurs, so there must be some time travel going on, in some direction. Also there's an alien (i think) in a (possibly) different time period surveying the area. And there's also some people whose heads are just skulls that don't appear to be human skulls, which seems a bit strange. And everyone is trying to get the magic crowns, probably.
Wuh-oh! Sounds like it's time for a

GAME THEORY!!!

So, as I see it, Caveguy is a human born post-calamity. Society has collapsed, the world has ended, those who survived now live in bunkers underground. The calamity caused these dinosaur-esque creatures to appear. The skull-headed dude (Mammon) is either a demon or some other magic creature. The crown gives ultimate magic fiyah powah, and people want this crown because being God sounds FUCKING awesome. Mammon instructed Caveguy to retrieve the crown, but because Caveguy is in the range of negative IQ, he's not really what you'd call reliable. This may or may not be because his mind was wiped.

Slick-backed hair dude is related to the grandma. He checks on her frequently and they both want the crown. The grandma either figured out where the crown is (which is why she was taken) or can repair the crown OR is needed to activate the crown, which are also reasons why she was taken. Either way, she is important in using the crown.

Sp00kyrex

Post by Sp00kyrex » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:47 am

1011686 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:55 am

There is a lot of interesting theory crafting here and I am glad to see it. I'll clear one thing up here just for the sake of ensuring all the facts are on the table for everyone to witness. There are two distinct time periods in the comic: The present (past) and past (future). The past only takes place in flashbacks though and is solely constrained to the main Varrows Facility. The present takes place outside of the flashbacks. Also there is a line earlier in the comic from the Curator giving a specific year (estimated) for the events of the present.

Hope I helped!
BrobyDDark wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:06 am
The grandma either figured out where the crown is (which is why she was taken) or can repair the crown OR is needed to activate the crown, which are also reasons why she was taken. Either way, she is important in using the crown.
I think you're putting too much stock in random old grandmamas.

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:21 am

Sp00kyrex wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:47 am
I think you're putting too much stock in random old grandmamas.
If The Grandma Doesn't Dropkick Mammon And Ascend To Fire God-Hood You've Wasted The Concept

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:21 am

(more serious tho the comic is good and you've done a good)

Sp00kyrex

Post by Sp00kyrex » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:26 am

BrobyDDark wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:21 am
(more serious tho the comic is good and you've done a good)
cheers ill drink to that bro.jpg
cheers ill drink to that bro.jpg (123.5 KiB) Viewed 13714 times

Sp00kyrex

Post by Sp00kyrex » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:00 am

Crystal Lecture.PNG
Crystal Lecture.PNG (46.21 KiB) Viewed 13546 times
beep boop

Sp00kyrex

Post by Sp00kyrex » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:24 am

I know it’s probably really bad form to post three times in a row but I really wanted to share this video I made for the newest FQ update. I hope you guys like it, it took all of my editing skills (nonexistent) to produce.