Homestuck Made This World

Discuss your favorite fanventures and fan projects here!
itsyaboybigBerd
Pronouns: BRUH
Classpect: Bard of Mind
Moon: Prospit

Homestuck Made This World

Post by itsyaboybigBerd » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:15 am

a podcast by group Ranged Touch

In short, this show consists of two guys, one who is reading Homestuck, and one who is re-reading it and providing all kinds of context while doing so. It's a real deep dive into the story and meta-story.

I'm currently on Episode 7 part 2, these guys are great. They're finally past the point in the reading where I was when I first caught up with the story in real time. It touched my heart hearting Michael saying he was glad he gets to refer to The Mayor as such, having been stuck calling him WV for Cameron's benefit up until this point. Some of Cameron's reactions are amazing. Highly recommend listening if you're not sure what to put on for your morning commute or whatever.

Cauchemar
Pronouns: They/them
Classpect: Maid of Rage
Moon: Prospit

Re: Homestuck Made This World

Post by Cauchemar » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:08 pm

This podcast is EXTREMELY good, and was part of what re-kindled my interest for Homestuck in the last months. Michael and Cameron have such insight and humour, and do a LOT of investive and documentation work to bring new information to the table, they enrich and energize the conversation in a thousand ways, it makes the mind fuse in a lot of different directions. Their entire approach gives a fresh and in-depth perspective on the work.

I'd also advise to visit their Discord, the Ranged Touch server, which is a VERY well-framed place with a lot of good will and interest for focused conversations. And don't forget to check their other shows, too! Particularly the Stephen King one which is EXTRAORDINARY!

Finally, the Patreon is worth the highest price. I'm just enjoying the Stephen King bonusodes so much these days.

https://rangedtouch.com/