The Vast Error Thread

Discuss your favorite fanventures and fan projects here!
PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Re: The Vast Error Thread

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:23 pm

aspiringWatcher wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:10 pm
egg wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:44 pm
Austin, can you please promise me you'll keep the codpiece on Arcjec's outfit if he ascends (as long as the God Tier outfits are the same, or if you can even Ascend at all), because the Bard outfit is worthless without the cod.
discord search says VET is remaking all outfits and the cod sock is not a stay.
fucking DROPPED
gimme cock or gimme nothin'

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Barraskewda

Post by Barraskewda » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:24 pm

no codpiece?
192 ATK, 206 SPD and guaranteed to fuck you up

Deageon

Post by Deageon » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:25 pm

Im sorry but if literally every troll doesn't get a codpiece having god tier outfit I'm gonna go full Ted kayzinski i swear to god

Darth_Energon

Post by Darth_Energon » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:32 pm

bard of breath.jpg
bard of breath.jpg (7.28 KiB) Viewed 29848 times
Last edited by Darth_Energon on Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

DonutHeart
Pronouns: He/They
Classpect: Heir of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by DonutHeart » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:33 pm

Sorry to break ya'lls hearts about it, this is absolute and I'm sure you will all get over it
"Homestuck’s not a BAD webcomic, it’s an AMAZING WEBCOMIC! But it’s also a bad webcomic-"

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath
Moon: Derse

Post by egg » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:42 pm

DonutHeart wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:11 pm
egg wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:44 pm
Austin, can you please promise me you'll keep the codpiece on Arcjec's outfit if he ascends (as long as the God Tier outfits are the same, or if you can even Ascend at all), because the Bard outfit is worthless without the cod.
snip
I expected it to be this way. It's alright, I just find the outfit to be funny and something that not a lot of people address other than besides the fact they hate it. I at least hope one of the new outfits is similarly cringe-inducing. It's just not right without that.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

ANCIENT_HOLIDAY

Post by ANCIENT_HOLIDAY » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:45 pm

-
Last edited by ANCIENT_HOLIDAY on Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

egg

Post by egg » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:48 pm

ANCIENT_HOLIDAY wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:45 pm
egg wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:42 pm
DonutHeart wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:11 pm

snip
I expected it to be this way. It's alright, I just find the outfit to be funny and something that not a lot of people address other than besides the fact they hate it. I at least hope one of the new outfits is similarly cringe-inducing. It's just not right without that.
I like the codpiece on the outfit, but I feel it perhaps only really works with how Homestuck does Bards. Vast Error’s Bard looks to be more of a subdued interpretation which is an entirely valid creative choice. I’ve outlined somewhere why I think the codpiece works so well for the Bard but I’m also not pushing for it so to speak
I do choose to believe that not only do the outfits in Homestuck sort of inherently present what a Class actually represents, but they also sort of represent the sort of unusual humor present in the comic itself, almost as though it is mocking the kids playing the game, which is why I expected Vast Error to change the outfits (as has been explained above, Vast Error is going for a whole different philosophy). I do also however believe that being a certain Class should always be a mildly uncomfortable experience for the Player itself - it encourages their growth, and the Bard outfit having a codpiece and the Page outfit having a speedo greatly represent that.

Deageon

Post by Deageon » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:33 pm

DonutHeart wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:33 pm
Sorry to break ya'lls hearts about it, this is absolute and I'm sure you will all get over it
No. :detestful: :detestful: :detestful:
Vast Error Team, prepare to perish.

burnt2ashleys

Post by burnt2ashleys » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:09 pm

I'm sure you people heard of Pepsi Ellsee, so I went ahead and made a creation of my own: Coke Albion, as for every Pepsi, there must be a Coke for balance. Naturally, Santa represents Coke, as opposed to Pepsiman representing Pepsi.

Tell me what you guys think! :chummy:

bathtimebird
Classpect: Prince of Time

Post by bathtimebird » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:12 pm

I love it, ashley. :cal:

Leddy
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life

Post by Leddy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:16 am

How did this thread go from meaningful criticism of Vast Error to an uproar about no codpiece to literal memes.

Can we get this train back on track I was enjoying my 2AM reading of the thread till it spiraled :(

Like for instance, that little Murrit inclusion in Friendsim is really bloody cool I didn't even know that was a thing, and on another note I'm super glad that the whole god tier thing has been changed, Perfect Self feels like it has more weight to it and I can trust that the outfits are probably going to be radical and I'm looking forward to any we might get. I personally hope that they're a little more distinct than the Homestuck outfits... because I don't know if it's me personally but off the top of my head over half of Classes' outfits just don't really stick with me or are like really memey instead of actually well designed like with the Bard. I can't wait to see how it all plays out, as these differences between SBURB/SGRUB is personally one of my favorite aspects of VE as well.
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread

Barraskewda

Post by Barraskewda » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:35 am

How did this thread go from meaningful criticism of Vast Error to an uproar about no codpiece to literal memes.
Because its fun!
Can we get this train back on track I was enjoying my 2AM reading of the thread till it spiraled :(
192 ATK, 206 SPD and guaranteed to fuck you up

Deageon

Post by Deageon » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:16 am

Leddy wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:16 am

I'm sorry but calling coke Albion and pepsi ellsee "memes" is a disservice to Ashely. :(
Also it's Just Fun

egg

Post by egg » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:20 pm

I can grant your wish.

So way earlier, I said Vast Error was not for me. Admittedly, that was because I saw a lot of character drama and not much of worth for me to care about. I still thought it well written, and simply chalked it up to being more of a 'pew pew explosions!' guy.
But people kept talking about in the discord servers I'm in, so I pressed on. I kept going. And then, I saw this.
firefox_l2quIef8nX.png
firefox_l2quIef8nX.png (9.91 KiB) Viewed 29751 times
I was hooked! I immediately felt curious, even though it was just a few lines of dialogue. But there's something so powerful about a character who at the time seemed to really care about not letting other people see what he really is just completely drop the facade and tell somebody to not mess with them that made me invested in the entire narrative. And I kept going. I got to the "JUST LEAVE" moment and I was even more invested in the characters - I related immensely to Arcjec, and began to wish for his safety and growth. I quickly began to realize that Vast Error was one of my favorite things I've read in a long, long time, and now I fully feel that if it continues at the rate it's at, it could surpass Homestuck at its best. Not only that, but I'm no longer worried about Homestuck^2, because even if Homestuck^2 ends up being poorly written in some aspect, I can rely on Vast Error to give me a continued Homestuck-like experience while hosting many of its own ideas of varying scale that are given the chance to develop within old, familiar context, which allows the reader to ease into it all. Act 1 may not have been my favourite, but it was so worth reading it to get to Act 2, and I can only begin to imagine how amazing the rest of the Acts might end up being like.
Note: I haven't read Snowbound Blood yet, but since I'm on break, I probably will soon.

aspiringWatcher
Pronouns: he/they
Classpect: Allegedly Scribe of Life

Post by aspiringWatcher » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:08 pm

egg wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:20 pm
I can grant your wish.

So way earlier, I said Vast Error was not for me. Admittedly, that was because I saw a lot of character drama and not much of worth for me to care about. I still thought it well written, and simply chalked it up to being more of a 'pew pew explosions!' guy.
But people kept talking about in the discord servers I'm in, so I pressed on. I kept going. And then, I saw this.
firefox_l2quIef8nX.png
I was hooked! I immediately felt curious, even though it was just a few lines of dialogue. But there's something so powerful about a character who at the time seemed to really care about not letting other people see what he really is just completely drop the facade and tell somebody to not mess with them that made me invested in the entire narrative. And I kept going. I got to the "JUST LEAVE" moment and I was even more invested in the characters - I related immensely to Arcjec, and began to wish for his safety and growth. I quickly began to realize that Vast Error was one of my favorite things I've read in a long, long time, and now I fully feel that if it continues at the rate it's at, it could surpass Homestuck at its best. Not only that, but I'm no longer worried about Homestuck^2, because even if Homestuck^2 ends up being poorly written in some aspect, I can rely on Vast Error to give me a continued Homestuck-like experience while hosting many of its own ideas of varying scale that are given the chance to develop within old, familiar context, which allows the reader to ease into it all. Act 1 may not have been my favourite, but it was so worth reading it to get to Act 2, and I can only begin to imagine how amazing the rest of the Acts might end up being like.
Note: I haven't read Snowbound Blood yet, but since I'm on break, I probably will soon.
this reminds me

I remember jokingly suggesting that the reason Murrit is so terrified of Ellsee is her eating a set of shutter shades and then WDYDTT dropped.
The world is vast and full and wonders, no matter what they tell you.

egg

Post by egg » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:20 pm

aspiringWatcher wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:08 pm

this reminds me

I remember jokingly suggesting that the reason Murrit is so terrified of Ellsee is her eating a set of shutter shades and then WDYDTT dropped.
the reason why murrit is terrified of ellsee is because she wore socks with sandals once. true story

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:16 pm

aspiringWatcher wrote:
cod sock
Phew, glad the cod socks wont be in here. The codpieces are way better anyway so this is a p good news.
:rosecool:

aspiringWatcher
Pronouns: he/they
Classpect: Allegedly Scribe of Life

Post by aspiringWatcher » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:07 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:16 pm
aspiringWatcher wrote:
cod sock
Phew, glad the cod socks wont be in here. The codpieces are way better anyway so this is a p good news.
Those are the same things you animate Brussel sprout
The world is vast and full and wonders, no matter what they tell you.

Leddy
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life

Post by Leddy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:47 pm

Hot take, Serpaz is amazing.
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread