The Vast Error Thread

Discuss your favorite fanventures and fan projects here!
egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath
Moon: Derse

Re: The Vast Error Thread

Post by egg » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:26 am

Leddy wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:47 pm
Hot take, Serpaz is amazing.
This is true. My discord avatar is
Discord_X6Grd83GaX.png
Discord_X6Grd83GaX.png (12.93 KiB) Viewed 35398 times
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

Deageon

Post by Deageon » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:08 am

Leddy wrote:
Hot take I want to ruffle my hand through her hair because damn that's cute shit

bathtimebird
Classpect: Prince of Time

Post by bathtimebird » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:29 am

Leddy wrote:
How does she take off the helmet? Wouldn't her horns get in the way?

austinado
Pronouns: he/they
Classpect: Thief of Breath
Moon: Prospit

Post by austinado » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:11 am

bathtimebird wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:29 am
It's mentioned on page 572 that it clasps and unclasps because it's especially made for her. She doesn't pull it over her head or anything.
Last edited by austinado on Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

bathtimebird
Classpect: Prince of Time

Post by bathtimebird » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:38 am

austinado wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:11 am
bathtimebird wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:29 am
It's mentioned on page 572 that it clasps and unclasps because it's especially made for her. She doesn't pull it over her head or anythhing.
i guess i really need to finish my readthrough then

egg

Post by egg » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:38 pm

Better question - why is she so cute?

aspiringWatcher
Pronouns: he/they
Classpect: Allegedly Scribe of Life

Post by aspiringWatcher » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:22 am

egg wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:38 pm
It is a proven fact that emotional harm inflicted to a reader when a character suffers is greater when the character is cute.
The world is vast and full and wonders, no matter what they tell you.

sigmatic
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Rogue of Life

Post by sigmatic » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:37 am

aspiringWatcher wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:22 am
egg wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:38 pm
It is a proven fact that emotional harm inflicted to a reader when a character suffers is greater when the character is cute.
witch of doom! nothing will ever go wrong for serpaz, ever! :cal:
Rogue of Life
forums? more like BOREums har har

Barraskewda

Post by Barraskewda » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:01 pm

Glad to see that Pozzol remains the best Vast Error character ever since his first reveal. Good update.
192 ATK, 206 SPD and guaranteed to fuck you up

Barraskewda

Post by Barraskewda » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:08 am

To clarify, what makes Pozzol so legendary is that while other antagonists sit and wait and talk about their keikakus, Pozzol through every interaction we've seen from him has just DONE what he plans, its thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable to see a troll who just knows what they want, works to achieve it and loves the journey the entire way.
Like, look at this smile, this is the face of an absolute gigachad who KNOWS hes hot shit and I personally cant wait for him to get his shit kicked in. Another fact is how he has lots of history with already established characters as a big and important threat, be it forcefully keeping Taz in captivity or absolutely DEMOLISHING Secily in the 1v1 just straight DESTROYING HER(pic below related is what went down for people who didn't play Necrons route.) Pozzol is a threat and a DAMN GOOD ONE at that. Very excited to see more of him.
192 ATK, 206 SPD and guaranteed to fuck you up

egg

Post by egg » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:39 am

I have been obsessively combing through the entirety of the Vast Error tumblr to get as many scraps of lore as I can and this is by far my favorite ask AND answer.

Tarty_

Post by Tarty_ » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:07 pm

POZZOL GANG will triumph over the weak and decadent heathens left on this dying rock. It's an inevitability. :cal:

egg

Post by egg » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:35 pm

Tarty_ wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:07 pm
POZZOL GANG will triumph over the weak and decadent heathens left on this dying rock. It's an inevitability. :cal:
I hope Taz piledrives Pozzol and his head just fuckin' explodes.

Crpal
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Crpal » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:48 pm

egg wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:11 am
The clear love and care that the author seems to put into this weird troll comic that is shown through their detailed and concise replies to criticism without any form of strawmanning or underhanded tactics whatsoever have taught me that there is probably value in this, and so I will begin reading it.
Please do. It's one of the best currently running fanventures on MSPAFan along with Cool And New Webcomic as well as Alternate Mewniverse and Karkat Goes to a Convention

egg

Post by egg » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:13 pm

Crpal wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:48 pm
egg wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:11 am
The clear love and care that the author seems to put into this weird troll comic that is shown through their detailed and concise replies to criticism without any form of strawmanning or underhanded tactics whatsoever have taught me that there is probably value in this, and so I will begin reading it.
Please do. It's one of the best currently running fanventures on MSPAFan along with Cool And New Webcomic as well as Alternate Mewniverse and Karkat Goes to a Convention
Way ahead of ya, bro!

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:00 pm

I like Murrit he's my favorite big mistake troll he likes anime just like meeeeeeee

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

burnt2ashleys

Post by burnt2ashleys » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:37 pm

I see this thread's a bit dead, so here's my pitch on some of these designs. Tell me what you think! :chummy:

And here's an extra: Shazam Arcjec!

Any feedback is very much appreciated! :rorb:

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:41 am

I only want to read about quadrant exposition. Is there anything like that?
only bad takes here

egg

Post by egg » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:46 am

TH4NK YOU B3N wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:41 am
I only want to read about quadrant exposition. Is there anything like that?
Yes, there are two separate explanations about Repitonian troll quadrants, in fact.

burnt2ashleys

Post by burnt2ashleys » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:51 am

Okay, that last post was just joking about, this one's serious. For the last... 3 days or so, I've reread all of Vast Error, paying deeper attention to details and mashing them with insights I already had, and I've gotten a deeper understanding of it, although many of my points previously stated (art style, 50000 people, spoilers, et cetera) still remain. But, my outlook on certain characters HAS changed (for the better in quite some cases! Arcjec needs a kick to the shins, though), and, with more information, comes questions. So, I took to the wiki in order to get some insights, and herein I must ask some questions:

Murrit is said to "own Dismas's soul", but what exactly does this ownership entail? Is this a mere figure of speech, or does it hold deeper significance? Another thing I'd like to know about is the status of their relationship, as the wiki says that the 2 have "physically coupled" but no such information is given in the comic itself. Lastly, I'd like to directly quite the wiki:
Murrit and Dismas's relationship has been confirmed to be different for their respective dreamselfs, and rather then their waking world kismessitude, they are Matesprites. This was confirmed by Austin on the VE discord.
Disregarding the "extraneous information released in alternative outlet", how would this work? The comic says that there must be a merger between dream and real selves in order for the god-tier mechanic to work, so extrapolating here means that Dismas and Murrit's relationship has to drastically change, given that they're physically coupled (if I am to take the previous information at face-value), completely flipping from black to red after they've coupled, presumably cementing their status as kismesii. The other alternative here, of course, is of them somehow "transcending" quadrants, not unlike the Sufferer and Disciple in Homestuck. Unless one of them, oh, I don't know, dies or something before the 2 of them can flip. Although it'd be a possible solution, it still wouldn't answer the question, so I must ask here.

Speaking of Murrit: Here's some pondering, not exactly a question. Murrit says that he knows that there are 11 other trolls that HAVE to get in the game with him, including Ellsee. However, we also see that he simply doesn't want her in there, and we're not told exactly why, which makes him come off as a prick. But, he even says that he'd be willing to take the chance of having only 11 on the game, since "the odds are in the favor of the hive". BUT! We're shown why he's afraid of Ellsee, but while the details elude me (as I'm sure it is the intention), I'm more than willing to hazard a guess and say that this wasn't Ellsee's doing, but Gaiaeon showing Murrit visions of edge. But because Murrit doesn't know anything about Gaiaeon, he simply pins those visions on Ellsee, which is a win for Gaiaeon.

Following this thread, Gaiaeon has a knack for talking through televisions, and I think one can assume he's present through stylistic shifts (hey, you guys are putting art shifts to good use! Props to you guys for that, but look, that sequence where Taz is murdering people as a kid? Woulda been infinitely more effective in a better style. I know you guys have it in you, c'mon) and television distortion. Which makes me ponder: Could it be that when Arcjec is confronted by his child self, this is not an introspective moment, but Gaiaeon's interference, using Arcjec's own mind to fuck with him? If so, nice Leliel reference, bro.

I have a couple more questions, but I'm running short on time here, so I'll go back to this later. Much appreciated if I get some answers, and thanks for reading!