Tales from Sburbia - A Human Fan Session

All your old-school Forum RP related dreams can be achieved in here.
Sokota
Pronouns: he/they

Re: Tales from Sburbia - A Human Fan Session

Post by Sokota » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:47 pm

argentErudite wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:42 am
Hey Sokota! Amazing character, well written backstory, really fits Seer. Thing is though, it we have a Mage of Void, Seer's counterpart in active/passive, and also I think he'd fit hope better. Hope is about beliefs, scaling from naivete to the strongest of religious convitions. Seers of Hope are often in posession of many beliefs, some of which the world refuses to see, because Hope is all about many paths unlike it's counterpart, Rage, who states "this is the only truth". I think a conspiracy theorist who's also a genuinely nice person fits Seer of Hope. Again, and I cannot emphasise this enough, no problem if you don't want to use my reccomendations.
Yeah, that sounds good! I’ll go with Seer of Hope

argentErudite
Classpect: Mage of Void
Moon: Derse

Post by argentErudite » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:55 pm

We're now out of duplicate aspects. No more Void, Blood, Rage, Life, Heart, Hope, Time, Light or Space. We still have 2 available duplicate classes.

Available Aspects are Breath, Mind and Doom.
All Classes are available, we've got no dupes, but the one we actually need is Maid.

3 more spaces.

EDITED
Last edited by argentErudite on Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please allow me to introduce myself... I'm a man of wealth... and taste.
In all seriousness, I'm just a teenage Homestuck with a penchant for character creation.
The Glory is a question. My answer, like The Moth's, is yes.

Nep
Pronouns: Any (Genderfluid)
Classpect: Rogue of Heart

Post by Nep » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:21 pm

Honestly I'm so thrilled with a game that's gonna involve multiple deaths due to sburb fuckery.
Forum's Certified Nep. :nepball: || Rogue of Heart

sigmatic
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Rogue of Life

Post by sigmatic » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:36 am

I'd like to reserve a spot if possible, I'll submit the sheet later today!
Rogue of Life
forums? more like BOREums har har

argentErudite

Post by argentErudite » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:37 am

Sounds good! I'll be waiting with bated breath.

Edit: Broby, you are indeed correct.
Last edited by argentErudite on Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In all seriousness, I'm just a teenage Homestuck with a penchant for character creation.

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:58 pm

argentErudite wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:37 am
Sounds good! I'll be waiting with baited breath.
I actually didn't know this one 'til yesterday while trying to remember common phrases people misspell, but did you know, it's actually bated breath?

I feel like this is one I've used countless times without ever knowing that.

Nep

Post by Nep » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:54 pm

Hopefully I can expand on some more stuff with Sami when this thing starts.

argentErudite

Post by argentErudite » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:31 pm

4 more now, Nep, 3 if you count Sigmatic.

sigmatic

Post by sigmatic » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:45 pm

Name: DREW LESTAM
Pesterchum Name: radioactiveSunset

Symbol: Black Hole
Height: 5'6
Text Colour: #ffb64f
Birthday: 6/29

Guardian: SISTER (Jack), who Drew loves but has a bit of a strained relationship with because of her dedication to her vague office job.

Physical description: Drew has somewhat long, blonde hair which he should probably take better care of. Likes to dress in bright yellow colour schemes and is often seen wearing hoodies and skating gear. When not out and about he zips up his hoodie and vice versa.

Strife Specibus: MEGAPHONEKIND
Fetch Modus: Voice Activation: Items placed in captchalogue can only be retrieved by calling them out loud. Simple in theory, but years of use have busted the modus to the point of having to shout to let the inconsistent analyzer pick commands up.

Classpect: Witch of Light

Typing Quirks: Proper grammar with OCCASIONAL CAPS LOCK but no punctuation or commas and sentences tend to go on for WAY longer than they actually should really have any right to be EVEN THOUGH they could be about 5 words

Personality and Backstory: DREW LESTAM is a boy very intent on uncovering the truth and injustices of the world, which also fuels his interest in journalism. He tends to really try to drag others along with his ideas, interests and thoughts, which can be offputting to some. Lately he's been trying to set up a blog covering his views on… well, basically anything he can come up with, be it serious or trivial. To advertise his site he's been rollerskating through the city, pasting posters and shouting through his megaphone. There's been decent traffic to his blog but a prevalent criticism has been that there doesn't seem to be much coherence between topics, although some fans just like to read his posts because of his enthusiasm.

I like classpecting but also suck at it so please tell me if anything is inconsistent (or other criticism!). Hope this is sufficient!
Last edited by sigmatic on Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rogue of Life

argentErudite

Post by argentErudite » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:32 pm

It fits, you're in.

Kidpen
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by Kidpen » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:26 am

Just to check, is this still open and happening? Also, where is it going to happen? In this thread, or a group PM (I don't even know if those exist on this site) or some other site? I'm interested in joining, but not totally sure.
the epilogues were good.

argentErudite

Post by argentErudite » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:07 am

This is open, and we've got 3 spots left. The tentative format will be large "Action posts" Where you state what your character did or tried to do, and using Pesterchum, Discord or PMs for IC communication, which if it isn't in Pesterchum I will translate over to pesterlogs and screenshot in. Subject to change if it's too difficult for me or anyone else, but that's what we've got for now. It's my first real time doing one of these, so yeah. It will begin when we've got all 14 characters, and we need 3 more.

Kidpen

Post by Kidpen » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:16 pm

argentErudite wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:07 am
This is open, and we've got 3 spots left. The tentative format will be large "Action posts" Where you state what your character did or tried to do, and using Pesterchum, Discord or PMs for IC communication, which if it isn't in Pesterchum I will translate over to pesterlogs and screenshot in. Subject to change if it's too difficult for me or anyone else, but that's what we've got for now. It's my first real time doing one of these, so yeah. It will begin when we've got all 14 characters, and we need 3 more.
Alright. I'll put together a character and post it later today, probably. FYI though, I very much an unable to use Discord, and I'm not sure about Pesterchum (could you give me a link?), so I may have to drop out if those are necessary.
the epilogues were good.

MP the OP OG
Pronouns: She/Her/they/them
Classpect: Mage of Light

Post by MP the OP OG » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:43 pm

I have discord. But my phone is vary pissy about screenshots. It rarely actuly takes them
Many thoughts head full (but most of the thoughts are shitposts)

Nep

Post by Nep » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:11 pm

I have a discord.

sigmatic

Post by sigmatic » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:36 pm

I have discord but am fine with whichever client we end up using
Rogue of Life

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:30 pm

I am a Discord kid.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

Sokota
Pronouns: he/they

Post by Sokota » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:12 pm

I have Discord too.

argentErudite

Post by argentErudite » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:01 pm

Then I'll endeavour to set one up. PM me your discords, and I'll do invites tomorrow.

Kidpen

Post by Kidpen » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:23 pm

I continue being completely unable to use discord, so I'm guessing I can't do this. Regardless, I have a character here.

Name: Ford Drisby
Pesterchum Name: intelligentStrategist
Symbol: Chess king.
Height: 5’3
Text Colour: #230283
Birthday:
Guardian: Uncle. Stan. They largely ignore each other, out of indifference rather than malice. They just have completely different ways of thinking and value systems.
(BRIEF) Physical description: Black hair, not styled especially much. Keeps it short. Blue eyes. Idk what else to put here.
Strife Specibus: Cardkind.
Fetch Modus: Jigsaw modus: Have to put together a jigsaw puzzle of the item. Size of item corresponds to # of pieces. He’s insanely good at this, and is kind of itching for another modus that he’ll find to be difficult.
Classpect: Page of Mind
Typing Quirks: doesnt use capitals or apostrophes periods or even commas just kind of keeps going with the sentence until the next message and also tends to write in very big paragraphs in every message
HIGH EMOTIONS
MAKE HIM
USE
FEW
WORDS AND ALL
CAPITALS AND ONLY
ONE-TWO
WORDS
PER MESSAGE

Personality and Backstory: (Flaws and positives, please. Try to avoid Sueishness, and also don't do too much whump. Also, less than 200 words.) I’m gonna preface this by saying that I’ve never written a character who wasn’t neurotypical, but I think it’s an important skill I’ll need for future writing. I’m not going too out there with Ford, but he’s still an experiment. I’m definitely gonna do some things wrong/bad, so let me know.
Anyways, he has trouble learning. It’ll take him a very long time to pick up on new concepts. However, once he does pick up on it, he’s extremely good at it. Even so, this is an aspect of his life that he frustrates over a lot and hopes to get better at. For now though, his solution is to just learn as many things as possible.
He also has some trouble communicating, and kind of overcompensates for this by giving a ridiculous amount of information until high emotions (which don’t happen very often for him, he thinks they impede his thinking) make him change.
He plays a lot of games, which started as a way for him to keep his mind sharp, but then kind of moved towards just really liking them.
(Optional) Arc: I’d like him to move from his obsession with fixing his mental issues and towards working with them to meet his full potential. Beyond that, I’m planning to just see how it goes.

So yeah. I’m sure some of this will be revised in my head if I happen to end up able to participate in this. I'm not great at classpecting or even character creation in general, so feel free to say something, even if I am not participating, just so I can have the critisism for future OCs.
Last edited by Kidpen on Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the epilogues were good.