Differences in Media on Alternia

Discuss Hiveswap and Hiveswap Friendsim here!
bakedpotatocat

Differences in Media on Alternia

Post by bakedpotatocat » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:25 pm

We know that troll media contains such gems as the Thresh Prince of Bel Air. How would other media be different if it's bizarro world clone was created on Alternia?

I'll start - in Dragon Troll Z, the saiyans are a thin expy for Alternian society. It is mostly the same up until the end of the Frieza saga, wherein Troll Goku is brutally murdered by the Frieza for his impotence in trying to stand against the empire. Super Saiyan is a legend perpetuated by the empire so that fool saiyans can be tricked into trying to stand alone against Frieza. Troll Gohan and Piccolo escape home for a while but then are brutally hunted down by the rest of Frieza's army.
call me bpc for short. they/them, poly aromantic sapphic, Sylph of Rage

no one in homestuck except gamzee and doc scratch have ever done anything wrong

livingNingyo
Moon: Derse

Re: Differences in Media on Alternia

Post by livingNingyo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Kismet: Stuck Morning aka Fate/Stay Night actually shows
for those who know or read the visual novel
Show
the R18 ero scenes and
makes it more obvious that pailing gives them powers. Matesprite and Kismesis gives different abilities depending on the relationship between the Master and their Servant
For you are true and destined prince ♒
And my sword is by your side
I will fight for you in glory until I die

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them
Moon: Derse

Post by VASKA » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:50 pm

A Games of Thrones is presented as historical fiction, accurately portraying the culture of Highbloods about 20 sweeps ago.
Only cuties survive the near future

Flame_Warp

Post by Flame_Warp » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:54 pm

The reason that Tegiri gets manga but Terezi doesn't know what comics are is that in western Alternia, there's really no such thing as the "Comic book" as we understand it. Or at least, it's a more obscure medium. Superheroes as a concept don't jive with Alternia's zeitgeist, so the major factor in making western comics a mainstream medium just never happened.

MorganMustDie
Pronouns: f

Post by MorganMustDie » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:46 pm

Kahnye Wheste (or as he goes by professionally, Yeezie) is equally as popular on Alternia as his counterpart is on Earth

He recently dropped his latest record, "SIGNLESS IS HIGHBLOOD" to very, very mixed reviews

It's not his first brush with controversy either, especially after he appeared on TV during the news cycle about a particularly violent culling only to say "The Condesce does not care about bronze people."
Image Perfection.

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Post by RoyalFiddle » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:25 pm

Lets not imply that Kanye wouldn't be a fussy purple, those peeps got hella problems
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]