Re: The BIG Upcoming STORY EVENT

Create or play along with forum-based, fan-made, play-by-post adventures here!
23toedbasket

Post by 23toedbasket » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:04 pm

hey everyone!!

I hope you're enjoying the content... I am one of the creators joining Luigi on our new website, we think we can make one that's more user friendly!

but for now, I'll still be updating here!

not only that, but there is an CROSS TIMELINE EVENT coming up! let me explain,
if you've been reading my stories you'll probably notice they're all happening in the same continuity roughly at the same time but in separate universes. Right now there are two sides, ItaliCuest (good, and constructive) and AVOID (evil, and destructive) It has just been revealed that the actions of AVOID have totally shaken up the OMNIVOID (everything everywhere, ever, forever and more) and one can ASSUME that it will be up to our HEROES to find a way to stop it...

OR NOT!

Here's the event:
there's two sides and endless possibilities, basically it's like a game with two teams competing for the fate of EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE EVER, FOREVER, AND MORE... You can play in AVOID trying to CONSUME everything, and/or you can play in ItaliCuest and try to SAVE everything!!

Really looking forward to what you guys come up with, and very curious to see the fate of these universes!

If you haven't read one or the other I highly suggest you catch up on both! If the beginning of AVOID is too weird I get it, so try starting on page 3

AVOID2 isn't mandatory reading but it does help understanding cannon.

DM me if you have any questions or suggestions!

-23TB

23toedbasket

Post by 23toedbasket » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:36 pm

RancidRancor
Pronouns: n/a

Post by RancidRancor » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:55 am

say word, DO it then.

when is tha website coming out??

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:39 pm

RancidRancor wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:55 am
say word, DO it then.

I'm working on it. I made a bit of a mistake by starting out using godaddy + html5... maybe the worst combination of software EVER??? Who knows. Give me a week or two and it should be ready to receive user accounts and Adventure Game (what this awful site calls forum adventure) submissions.
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

RancidRancor
Pronouns: n/a

Post by RancidRancor » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:20 am

luigi wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:39 pm
RancidRancor wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:55 am
say word, DO it then.

I'm working on it. I made a bit of a mistake by starting out using godaddy + html5... maybe the worst combination of software EVER??? Who knows. Give me a week or two and it should be ready to receive user accounts and Adventure Game (what this awful site calls forum adventure) submissions.
yeesh :mystified: coding nightmare. a week or two is not so bad to get off this lumpy forum,,,

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Post by RoyalFiddle » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:42 pm

What's so bad about the forums anyway?
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:07 pm

RoyalFiddle wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:42 pm
What's so bad about the forums anyway?
It's hard to show other people. Their association to Homestuck just kills most people's interest once they notice, and MSPFA isn't much better and is also really ugly and clunky. I don't mind the BBCoding personally but when trying to get people to try making their own adventures it's really hard for them a lot of the time to figure it all out. I also thought it'd be nice to have native image hosting instead of using something like imgur every time. Just a lot of website jank and unfortunate branding. But of course website development is kind of bottle necking and I'm impatient to keep uploading more story so I guess the next bit of my stuff will be here still.

That and a lot of the adventures (more so on MSPFA and Omegaupdate) are just Homestuck Fanfiction which is... fine I guess, but it makes it hard to try searching for new creative adventures. Because of the fact they're trying to emulate a game meant to be grindy and impossible too means a lot (re: all) of these adventures aren't going to finish, and knowing that makes them hard to get invested in.

The cradle from the old forums and omegaupdate was a good idea that this site is lacking, as well as ways to get feedback easier like like/dislike buttons. Just... so much jank! Inefficient design, steep barrier of entry for newcomers, low quality content... probably more stuff I'm too sleepy to think of right now because I just woke up but I'll edit this comment again if I think of more bones.

And I mean I'm exaggerating my 'hatred' for the site obviously, like it's still the OG (well, in the same way post-retcon Dave is also technically the OG I guess) and I have a lot of nostalgia surrounding it, plus there is at least some remnant of a "community" here so that's nice. I just think it could all be done a lot better. By someone with actual experience in web development. Which might not be me. But it might be! Only time will tell if my efforts are in vain.
Last edited by luigi on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

23toedbasket

Post by 23toedbasket » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:14 pm

We want to make a place that's more open and accessible to share the artform with everyone! Just a little update